PDA

View Full Version : Gabe to the vet

Christiansmommy
05-16-2002, 06:43 AM
Hi all, I haven't posted much, but I have a request. My little Gabey has to go to the vet today and isn't very fond of vet visits, he has to get his summer shave ( he's a long hair who currently has some mats), and also has to get routine shots...so say a little prayer for him or send some happy vibes his way , AND ME LOL :) He makes quite the scene :rolleyes:

Robyn

Gabe says," Mommy, I feel naked without all of my furr...."

Former User
05-16-2002, 06:48 AM
Good vibes are on the way! Hope Gabe will do fine! And you too, LOL! Keep us posted how the visit goes.

sasvermont
05-16-2002, 07:00 AM
The vets get all kinds of scared animals in there.....So what if Gabe is high on the list! They are equipt for such situations, and they will be glad to take your check for services rendered!

Hope Gabe relaxes a little. Sure!;) ;)

Pam
05-16-2002, 07:04 AM
Yes, it's "Make-over Thursday" for Gabe! LOL! He'll be sporting the "Spencer cut" when he comes out! ;)

Ann
05-16-2002, 07:09 AM
Good luck! Hope everything goes well :)

Logan
05-16-2002, 07:21 AM
I'm sure it is very scary for Gabe to get moved from his normal surroundings. I know how Butter fights me, just getting in the carrier. Good luck today. I know he will look terrific when he gets home!! :)

AmberLee
05-16-2002, 09:15 AM
Good Luck!

sasvermont
05-16-2002, 10:35 AM
Robyn, surely hope Gabe behaved himself. You have been in my thoughts this AM. Wonder why?

SAS

Logan
05-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
Someone needs to invent a Softpaws for teeth! :D

Now that's an idea I like!!!! :rolleyes: Wonder why Dr. Robinson wouldn't just file Butter's teeth down while he was under??? :D

05-16-2002, 11:24 AM
:) never mind about that vet-visit !!
They are used to scared pets !!!
Just keep petting your sweet Gabe while the vet is doing his/her work , and it will be over in no time !!!:D

Success !!!!!!!!!!!:p

Lachesis
05-16-2002, 01:02 PM
Poor baby :( I hope the vet finds him well.... How did he do?

Pam
05-16-2002, 07:38 PM
OK, Gabe has had his yearly visit for his shots and his "shave and a haircut." Here he is before.....

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6737/images/PORPL8CoBQIAAG7URYA_6737_17.jpg

And here he is after!

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6737/images/PORPpcCoBQIAAG7lhWQ_6737_18.jpg

Christiansmommy
05-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Yup, that's my little cutie pie lion :)

AmberLee
05-16-2002, 07:49 PM
He looks adorable, but that's probably no consolation to him, right?

How did he do at the vets? Okay? Not too much trauma?

sasvermont
05-16-2002, 08:10 PM
OH MY - HE MUST BE HORRIFIED!

Just kidding. I bet he feels unencumbered, for sure! I saved the pics (thank you Pam) and will print them out!

He actually has this "been there, done that" look after the hair cut.....etc.

:D

Christiansmommy
05-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Amber Lee... he has to be sedated for the grooming...so he's probably only awake at the vet's for 15 minutes total...

As soon as he's home, he's fine...

Oh, and he smells really good now too :)

-robyn

We're both glad its over!!
;)

tuxluvr
05-16-2002, 08:40 PM
I think that's a pretty smart looking do, Gabe! Spencer The Lion can comiserate, no doubt.

Logan
05-16-2002, 09:03 PM
He looks like a little kitten in the "after" shot. So sweet.....how could he be mean??? I know, I know....I have one of those too. :D

yorkster
05-17-2002, 01:27 AM
Oh my, Gabe is an absolutely stunning, beautiful cat!

I think Wylie is going to need that haircut soon also :eek: He won't be happy.

Former User
05-17-2002, 01:57 AM
Robyn, he looks cute both ways!I feel a bit sorry for the fellow, but hey, better this way! And it will grow back :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Am I the only one that can't see nepsnapshot pictures anymore???:confused: Gabe is such a beautiful kitty (from his other picture on the other thread) but I can't see him here. Anybody??:(

AmberLee
05-17-2002, 06:16 PM
??? Before I could see both photos, but now that you mention it I can only see the "Before" shot and not the "After" clipping shot... Rats! It's a really great one.

Pam
05-17-2002, 07:24 PM
Oh boy, don't tell me that netsnapshots is not allowing photo sharing any more. :( Woe is us Pet Talkers once again! :(

rg_girlca
05-17-2002, 07:50 PM
:mad: :( I can't see the pictures either.

Pam
05-17-2002, 07:55 PM
I just made an album for Gabe on Webshots. You can see him here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/38256499VjHcnJ

moosmom
05-17-2002, 08:06 PM
Pam,

That lion cut is hysterical!! He has a look on his face like "You looking at me????" He looks so much BIGGER with his fur. What a beauty!

Donna

Cinder & Smoke
05-17-2002, 08:21 PM
Hey Gabe ~

Ya looked inna mirror since ya came home! :eek:

Hopefully, it'll all grow back in before winter.

As for the disappearing NetSnapShot.com photos ~
Gabe's photos link to a message stating:

"This item has exceded it's allowed link access"

Think that's puter jive for "It's been called up and viewed too many times". This must be one of the ways NetSnapShot.com is limiting their "free" site without charging money or totally eliminating the viewing of their photos on other sites.
Wonder if there is any way to reset or restore the photo for more off-site viewing?

Uhh-ooooh ~ Lookie what just happened to our lil NetSnapShot.com signature photos :mad:! Same darn thing - "Exceeded it's allowed link access"...

Guess it's time to hunt up another photo storage site :rolleyes:... This is getting tiresome to have to do every couple of months! :mad:

UppyDate: We just joined up with the http://www.imagestation.com gang - and uploaded our Thummies... Back in the lime-light for anudder cupla weeks! :D

Pam
05-17-2002, 09:01 PM
Phred, thanks for the explanation! I just noticed that another Pet Talker who uses Image Station now has a red "x" in her signature. :( :( :(

Cinder & Smoke
05-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Pam
... I just noticed that another Pet Talker who uses Image Station now has a red "x" in her signature. :( :( :(

Pam ~

Look again ~
Tuxluvr and Sara luvs her Tinky are both using NetSnapShot.com to store their Signature Thummys -
NOT ImageStation.

We just joined http://www.ImageStation.com and inserted the ImageStation photo locations in our signature ~
and WooHoo! Sig Pix again! :D

Wonder how long THIS will last?! :rolleyes:

Pam
05-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Oops! I thought Sara was an ImageStation user. Senior moment I guess I thought when I clicked on Properties I saw ImageStation or I must need new glasses. We are sure getting practice with loading lots of pics on different sites, aren't we! LOL!

Just realized what I did! (Thank Goodness because I thought I was losing it!) In the tuxluvr's post "Netsnapshots too good to be true" Sara says she switched to ImageStation but her signature had the red "x" and I was assuming it was a signature from that site that had also gone POOF! :D

Cinder & Smoke
05-17-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Oops! ...Senior moment I guess...
We are sure getting practice with loading lots of pics on different sites, aren't we! LOL!
:D

Gettin tired :mad: of practicing loading pics...

I KNOWE how to do it now! :rolleyes:

Just wish they'd stay loaded for a while!
:p

lynnestankard
05-18-2002, 09:34 AM
Pam those photos are the best!!! He looks so offended!! LOL.
And THAT tail!!!! He looks so tiny doesn't he?!! Poor Boy!! xxx

And you tell him not to listen to Mr Spencer with his 'Hee Hee Hee'
we all remember when he looked far from his best!!!!!! LOL!!:D :D

Lynne

AvaJoy
05-19-2002, 08:06 PM
Enjoyed the Webshots of Gabe the Lion King . . . he looks stunning both ways!:cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-20-2002, 02:14 PM
Awww, poor Gabe. He does look cute with his new hairdo though. Good luck with the "calming down" pills. :)

koxka
05-20-2002, 06:56 PM
HI! GABE DON'T BE ASHAME YOU LOOK LIKE REAL A LION!
WHAT A CUTE TAIL.NOW, YOU ARE READY FOR A TRIP TO THE SAVANNA :cool: TO VISIT YOURS COLLATERALS.

IF YOU HAS MAKE QUITE AN SCENE,WHAT?
MY SWEET KOXKA :D HAS BECAME A STAR AT THE VET,
THE LAST TIME SHE GOT HERS SHOTS ALL THE STAFF
WAS THERE TO SEE HOW WE HANDLE THE SITUATION!!!!

ENJOY YOUR SUMMER DRESS;)

KOXKA

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by koxka
HI! GABE DON'T BE ASHAME YOU LOOK LIKE REAL A LION!
WHAT A CUTE TAIL.NOW, YOU ARE READY FOR A TRIP TO THE SAVANNA :cool: TO VISIT YOURS COLLATERALS.

IF YOU HAS MAKE QUITE AN SCENE,WHAT?
MY SWEET KOXKA :D HAS BECAME A STAR AT THE VET,
THE LAST TIME SHE GOT HERS SHOTS ALL THE STAFF
WAS THERE TO SEE HOW WE HANDLE THE SITUATION!!!!

ENJOY YOUR SUMMER DRESS;)

KOXKA

Koxkahuman, ok, I admit I'm not big on geography. So where in the world is Costa Brava,Catalonia? Your Koxka is a real cutie and sounds like she has the Vet's staff wrapped around her little paw. :D

lynnestankard
05-21-2002, 03:48 AM
T&PMom - seeing as Koxka hasn't replied yet - can I put you out of your misery and let you know that Costa Brava, Catalonia is in Spain - and it's wonderful!!

Lynne

lynnestankard
05-21-2002, 03:50 AM
Koxka - a warm welcome to Pet Talk and hope you enjoy being around all us pet mad people!! Enjoy!

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2002, 09:34 AM
Thanks, Lynne. I thought it might be something like that, but I wasn't sure. Now I know. :)

koxka
05-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Hi,T&P Mom! I don't blame you for not knowing where Catalonia is.Is such a small place in that world!Catalonia is a mediterranean country between
France and Spain,with its own culture and language.We are under the administration of Spain.
Costa Brava is the north coast.The capital is Barcelona,where the Olimpic Games took place i 92.

The kitty in the picture is Palloo,I will post pics of all of them(one of those days...)

koxka:)

koxka
05-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Hello,Lynne! Thanks for wellcoming me:)
I guess you have been here on vacations,don't you?
I'm happy you liked it,may I ask you where you have been?.
I enjoy PT a lot,in fact I was already a pet mad already!

koxka

auggie
05-21-2002, 06:43 PM
Hi Koxka,
I also spent one of my best vacations in Catalonia. Do you know the Town Calella on the Costa del Maresme?

koxka
05-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by auggie
Hi Koxka,
I also spent one of my best vacations in Catalonia. Do you know the Town Calella on the Costa del Maresme?

Hi,Auggie! It sounds like you got a great time
in Calella!Yes,I know Calella is only one hour car drive from home,although I prefer the north is more rough.Anyway if you never come again let me known....and you Lynnes...and you T&P Mom...and
everybody.

Koxka:cool: :cool:

lynnestankard
05-22-2002, 04:35 PM
Hello koxka - spent many really happy holidays in Benidorm and I just love going to Barcelona - such a magnificent city. :D :D

Lynne