PDA

View Full Version : getting glasses!

davidpizzica
06-30-2006, 11:31 AM
This coming thursday I'll be fitted with prescription glasses. No more cheap reading specs for me! I can't wait to see everything again!

petslover
06-30-2006, 12:04 PM
That is great...

Sometimes you don't know how bad you need glasses.. until you actually get them..

I know that was for me.. I thought I could see fine until I got my glasses and couldn't believe I had been seeing so badly for years..

Have fun seeing with your new glasses. :)

Dorothy39
06-30-2006, 03:43 PM
oh, that is so wonderful!!!

Please let us know what everything looks like, all over again!!!

As a child, I did not know I was severely near-sighted.

I never saw power or phone lines, did not have a clue as to what "leaves" were, lettuce looked just like a wad of kleenix, etc.

do you remember the eye tests done at Elementary Schools? Way back when.

The woman asked me to look at "a butterfly", inside the special equipment she had brought with her. I placed my tiny chin onto the cup, looked , and couldn't even see the "little fellow" at all. Just a big, blue blob. I sat there, not saying a word. She thought I was "deaf" :D

My parents received a phone call that very evening, and, the rest is History.

Just had to share that memory with you.

lute
06-30-2006, 03:47 PM
i should also wear glasses too, but i don't want to. i know i'm just gonna drive off the side of the road one of these days.lol

carole
06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
David just want to warn you, it will take some time to get used to them, especially if you have progressive lenses as I do, a month down the track and i am still struggling, however i had a re-test done and they are going to change them ever so slightly, also one of the lenses had a chip in them, probably done when re-adjusting them for me, so i hope they will be better.

I found it almost as fustrating as not being able to see properly and I think my expectations were too high, fact is you can never re-gain your eyesight perfectly, but hey matey I am sure it will be just fine and I know exactly how you feel. GOOD LUCK.

P.S on the funny side of it David, i can now see things i never saw before, even down to textures on food, it is amazing, but the downside is i can see every wrinkle and blemish i never noticed before, oh well such is life. HE HE.
Also i used to beable to put my makeup on without the glasses, now i really have trouble, but i do my best then put my glasses on and at least i can see any mistakes i have made and fix them, lol :D

Dorothy39
06-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Red alert, RED Alert, Calling all cars, Calling All Cars,

(don't use your cell phone while driving) :D

Hey, get fitted for Contact lenses!!! Failing an eye test sure does nothing for self confidence, I'll say that.

DrKym
06-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Lute remind me not to drive when you are on the road......... :D I wear contacts and glasses must have been all that schooling :eek: (and I suck at driving ) rofl good luck with your glasses David and hope everthing looks rosy! (pun intended) :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
06-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I took to my bifocals and then progressive without any problem.... because I needed them so bad!

davidpizzica
06-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Lute remind me not to drive when you are on the road......... :D I wear contacts and glasses must have been all that schooling :eek: (and I suck at driving ) rofl good luck with your glasses David and hope everthing looks rosy! (pun intended) :rolleyes:
I just had recent cataract surgery in my right eye and it's healing nicely. I've been getting by with dollar store reading glasses, but I need the real glasses now. It's great to see with two eyes again!

Karen
06-30-2006, 07:44 PM
i should also wear glasses too, but i don't want to. i know i'm just gonna drive off the side of the road one of these days.lol

Why don't you want to wear glasses? If it's a vanity thing, do you not care about the fact that you are risking the lives of others, including your pets, for vanity's sake?

Contacts are also an alternative.

I have worn glasses since the summer I turned 9, my parents noticed I was "reading the comics with my nose," made the appointment, and the rest is history. And the phrase "guys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses," is of course completely and utterly false.