PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping it up - goodbye letter to kennel Update

Catty1
06-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Okay...this may be silly to some of you. Ted is meeting me for coffee tomorrow morning in town to 'wrap things up' - which is understandable, since if I went to the kennel, I would be hopeless emotional mush.

I have blotted out the kennel name below, and this is the letter I am printing out - with photos of me and my furbabies. I would not have my furbabes if I had not worked here.

If there is something here you would change, let me know. Remember - this is a small family business...maybe three of us working at a time...and closeness does develop. So feelings are not inappropriate.

Catty1

It’s been just a bit over two years since I joined ********. I had spent some time previous to this making the transition from road musician to “real job” worker, a change that had more than its share of failures.

However, in my time at *********, I gained confidence in my abilities as a good worker. And for this I give you two all the credit. I was corrected where necessary (and didn’t know I HAD been until the final phrase, “Okay, end of lecture.”), and found that the world didn’t end! I carried on and grew in confidence day by day. This was also the first “real” job I had held for more than two months.

Thank you for being such a great part of my life. The sharings of laughter and tears - your positive outlook, sense of reality, honesty and humanness, and perhaps just a touch of wonderfully warped humour (of which I, of course, know NOTHING :D ) has made my time here precious and memorable.

Of course I will miss you two and the place tremendously – and all the kitties that I grew to know and welcome as regulars, or new babies. Thanks to you, I do have a furry family that means everything to me.

I wish you the best in your move and your retirement – and perhaps our paths will cross again.

I hope so.

Take good care.

moosmom
06-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Catty1,

Great letter! I wouldn't change it at all because that's how you truly feel. Good luck with your meeting. Let us know what happens.

Laura's Babies
06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
I think it is a nice thing to do and I would leave it like it is..

Pawsitive Thinking
06-30-2006, 05:14 AM
Its perfect as it is.....what a lovely letter

catmandu
06-30-2006, 08:39 AM
The best thing to do is to leave a good impression.
And that fine letter certainly does the job.
The Found Cats, Pet Angels and All The Pet Angel Army and I wish you luck in your new job.

Catty1
06-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Donna wanted to know how it went...it went fine. I got my slippers, hand lotion and paycheck. They weren't sure how to figure out the severance, but Holly is seeing the accountant today.

Ted was the one who showed up. We talked a bit more - and the bottom line here is that no matter how much I like them, or them me, the atmosphere at work would not be the same. It would be a bit poisoned - and no one, least of all me, should have to work in that.

Ted said they don't want to put "fired" on the separation papers - they don't want "A blight on [my] head"

He read the letter there - I offered that he could - and he said that was the same way they felt. I know it was hard for Ted.

It's popular to see "bosses" as having three heads, and no feelings. But in this case - in a family situation - been there thru the death of Holly's mom, my sister, and more - there is a closeness that develops. Ted said he doesn't ever want relationships to end on a bad note.

Who knows if we will cross paths again socially? But since the departing was done with caring, no one will have to avert their eyes.

Ted left after about 10 minutes. I just started crying, and used up 3 tissues...then went to my car and drove home.

A couple of hours later, I left for the office (which is starting full time on Monday) - and who came up to me but Riddick the cat (formerly known as Rosie) who had escaped from the Humane Society over a month ago, and who I had glimpsed once since then...it seemed fitting somehow.

So, I am a bit in shock and I will recover from the heartbreak and I got a bit of heck because I was in the office later than I said I would be - and I don't care...

Anyway, that's what happened. Will chill this weekend.

Thanks again, everyone.

Catty1

Bengalz
06-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Catty1,

Your letter is very gracious as have you been in the circumstances. Let yourself heal and know that you haven't lost an important friendship.

I'm so glad you have your full time job to keep you in focus. There is opportunity around every corner, don't forget to look for it.

Sending you hugs and best wishes, Betty