PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance?

sirrahbed
06-29-2006, 07:42 PM
does anyone here watch this Fox show? Hubby and I loved watching American Idol this season - and when it ended - we started watching Dance...

I like singing better - but am having fun with the dance too. I am not familiar with the newer dances but sure do love the ballroom and lyrical.

I would love to read some comments from some of you who may be more "in the know" :p

Karen
06-29-2006, 08:12 PM
We've been watching it, too! I *know* I cannot "dance" - at least not like ALL of those people can - but it is fun to watch and root for people!

JenBKR
06-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh how I am addicted! Normally I hate reality shows, but this one I love. Actually I'm watching it now...wonder who's getting kicked off??

luvofallhorses
06-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I LOVE that show!! :D No, I cannot dance as good as them..but I am addicted. :p but seriously those judges are harsh especially Nigel. If I were on that show and if he said mean things to me (atleast he's honest ;)) I would run off crying.

Jods
06-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Babe safe & tucked into bed me and a big glass of lemonade are watching it right now :D :D

k9krazee
06-29-2006, 09:20 PM
I watched it for the first time yesterday! I loved it!!

RobiLee
06-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I watch it! I love dancing. I watched it last season also. I had it recorded tonite and my recording ended right as Nigel was getting to the guys. Last I saw it was between James and Ben. Who got kicked off? Tell me, tell me, tell me :D

sirrahbed
06-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Ben was dropped.

When they called those last two guys forward - Nigel fussed at both of them but mainly at Ben for improvising the 30 second solo. Right after Ben danced - Cat (I think) asked if he had made it up.... or how much practice he did on it and Ben had answered "zero" - and I rather thought that was not a good answer - even though I don't see why they have to choreograph that short solo. Too bad as I enjoyed watching Ben dance. They are all so good!

The dancing really is fun to watch! HipHop is growing on me (except when it makes me :o ) The dance they called Krumping did not look anything like dancing I don't think. The group dances are really fun to watch.

Do they keep dropping one guy and one girl each week - and then what? Does it go to one couple and then the favorite is selected?

sparks19
06-30-2006, 11:05 AM
I LOVE this show. I watched it last year also. There are a few changes this year though.

I really like Benji and Donyelle. They are my fav. And Dimitri is not too hard on the eyes ;) LOL

prechrswife
06-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Benji and Donyelle are favorites in our house, too.

dogzr#1
06-30-2006, 01:10 PM
I've watched it a few times and enjoyed it. But it didn't "stick" like American Idol. Also sometimes it seems like they were trying to copy AI too much. Like that girl in the middle (don't know her name), trys to act like Paula sometimes.

Denyce
06-30-2006, 02:53 PM
How could you not like Benji! He is such a good dancer! And his cousin Heidi is pretty impressive also. I would have preferred James was emlimnated last night rather than Ben but hey...I don't think either has a real chance of winning the compitition so they both have to go at some point.

I was glad to see Nigal apoligize to Aleksandra before she was eliminated also. I think the Corpse Bride comment was rather extreme.

Denyce

RedHedd
06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
As a former semi-pro dancer I LOVE watching that show. Reminds me of what it was like for me - the pain of the auditions, the not knowing if you'd be good enough, the hard work, sweat, tears, more hard work and then the exhilaration of doing a show.

They cut a guy and a gal each week until they get to the end and select America's favorite dancer.

So glad they cut Ben-Hair - that mop top was so distracting I couldn't pay attention to his dancing.

Heidi is Benjie's cousin; I LOVE Benjie, Jaymz and Dimitri is SO easy on the eyes ;) Trevor's gal partner is my favorite gal right now (don't know her name).

sparks19
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Did anyone watch it last night?

I just love Benji and Donyelle more and more everytime I see them. They are just so darn cute together. I hope they are in love hehe. And of course dimitry is YUMMY as ever. He looked HOT in those jeans lol.

Even my husband is into the show now lol even though he tried to fight it :D he admitted last night that it was very entertaining lol

RedHedd
07-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Yes, I watched last night. Benji and Donyelle are my favorite couple, but last night Ivan really brought the house down for me. That performance was so awesome I was in tears, just like Mary Murphy (who I can't stand!).

sparks19
07-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Yes, I watched last night. Benji and Donyelle are my favorite couple, but last night Ivan really brought the house down for me. That performance was so awesome I was in tears, just like Mary Murphy (who I can't stand!).

That really was a great performance. Even my husband was like "They have to be doing it" LOL he's so smooth :rolleyes:

Anyway yes it was amazing and I really like Ivan :D

Mary Murphy is the Paula Abdul of "so you think you can dance" lol

Karen
07-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I watched, didn't like Dmitry's performance last night as much as I've liked his others. Liked most of the other performances, didn't like Donyelle's outfit for their number - made her look like a giant lemon cupcake or something, but I have never seen Hairspray, so it must have been "appropriate," or somebody would have said something. I thought Benjii looked more mature last night than usual, as well. And he and Donyelle do seem to be friends, which is nice.

Catsnclay
07-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Mary Murphy (who I can't stand!).

Every time I hear her voice & laugh I want to scream! :eek: although she does a pretty good job of doing all that herself :rolleyes: :eek:

Ben (the ugly hair guy) lives here in AZ (yippee!)

I have to admit (and I don't do this to everyone) that both my husband & I are hooked on this, American Idol and believe it or not, Big Brother. :rolleyes: And I hate reality shows........really! ;) But has there been anything else on TV worth watching?! We even have cable with a gazillion channels, and still ....... :( nothing to watch. :mad:

sparks19
07-13-2006, 03:15 PM
I watched, didn't like Dmitry's performance last night as much as I've liked his others. Liked most of the other performances, didn't like Donyelle's outfit for their number - made her look like a giant lemon cupcake or something, but I have never seen Hairspray, so it must have been "appropriate," or somebody would have said something. I thought Benjii looked more mature last night than usual, as well. And he and Donyelle do seem to be friends, which is nice.

Yeah dmitry didn't do so well last night but I guess considering the kind of dance he usually does and then having to do pop which is totally different I guess he did an OK job. LOL but after Mary Murphy gave her opinion I said out loud to no one in particular "it's not fair to have a woman judge Dmitry. He could be doing a polka and it would be the best darn dance I ever saw if he had his shirt undone" HAHA I'm so crude

RedHedd
07-13-2006, 03:29 PM
I have to admit (and I don't do this to everyone) that both my husband & I are hooked on this, American Idol and believe it or not, Big Brother. :rolleyes: And I hate reality shows........really! ;) But has there been anything else on TV worth watching?! We even have cable with a gazillion channels, and still ....... :( nothing to watch. :mad:
Yup, summertime and nothing to watch .... Another guilty pleasure that I have to admit I'm getting addicted to is Last Comic Standing - Roz and Josh Blue are just SO darned funny!

sparks19
07-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Anyone surprised with the results last night?

JenBKR
07-14-2006, 09:42 AM
I wasn't surprised really I guessed that they would cut those two. I really liked them both, especially Musa (sp?), but I kinda figured that the judges would cut them. I figured that they would never cut Natalie, and even though Dimitri didn't do so well the other night I still enjoy watching him :D and I figured they'd keep him.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Don't know the show, but it sounds great!! He he,did you all know that my hubby and I met on a dancing course??? It was a course for singles. We came out as a couple!! So yes, I can dance! Well not anymore, my legs are getting to slow.... :rolleyes:

sparks19
07-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I wasn't surprised really I guessed that they would cut those two. I really liked them both, especially Musa (sp?), but I kinda figured that the judges would cut them. I figured that they would never cut Natalie, and even though Dimitri didn't do so well the other night I still enjoy watching him :D and I figured they'd keep him.

I thought Travis was gonna go. He just doesn't "stand out" to me for some reason.

sirrahbed
07-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Hubby and I try to guess the results but we were very wrong about Musa. But then, he really has not done anything but the hiphop without a partner - so guess he is pretty limited.

Ashlee was so good but we were pretty sure that she was next to go - again because of the hiphop specialty.

That style (hiphop) is sometimes fun to watch, but it looks too much like raw sexy for me :o I love watching the lyrical and the ballroom - especially the latin dances.

My very favorite is Donyelle :)

The men - no favorite at all.

What a fun show to watch in the summer. It is a big event here on Wednesday and Thursday nights. :D

RedHedd
07-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I really did think Dimitry would go last night. He just hasn't performed up to snuff the past couple of weeks and Nigel was right - he really does have to do more than come out showing his abs - they are very nice to look at :D , but he needs to do more dance-wise IMHO.

I'm sorry to see Musa go. He may not have as much training as the others, but he really was coming up and was fun to watch.

As for the girls in the bottom three - I can't figure out why Heidi was there and I really do like Martha. Ashlee was the only obvious choice to leave last night.

Karen
07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I figured Musa and Ashlee would be the ones to go, no matter what they did for their solos. Musa's was amazing, and he's an incredible athlete, but we knew that!

I hope Donyelle's injury heals, that not having to dnace last night helped rest that toe, poor thing!

sparks19
07-14-2006, 12:51 PM
LOL Redhedd. When I saw that Travis was safe I thought for sure Dmitry was gonna go. I really liked Musa, he was very entertaining. I also agree with Nigel about Dmitry. he does the same thing everytime he comes out. So he does need to do more than show his Abs but I hope in the process he doesn't STOP showing them ;) lol

RedHedd
07-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I also agree with Nigel about Dmitry. he does the same thing everytime he comes out. So he does need to do more than show his Abs but I hope in the process he doesn't STOP showing them ;) lol
Me too :D I do LOVE watching him ;)

Travis is growing on me too - that boy really can dance. I just don't get the skunk stripe and mohawk hair-don't. :p He really is an attractive guy. He really got to me last night when he cried when he talked about his mom being there.

sirrahbed
07-14-2006, 01:22 PM
:D about Dmitry and the open shirts! But, I am really glad that Nigel asked him to do more dancing and not rely on appearance and sex appeal. I think Dmitry is really good but not as good as say... Benji, Ryan and Travis. Dmitry's dancing just all looks the same.

I am also glad Nigel asked Natalie to be less sex kitten - though I think she is probably just naturally that way - I love her dancing.

It is Musa that I was really sorry to see leave. I am wondering if he had done a different solo maybe? Something in a style not so similar to his audition. Oh well...now I need a new favorite male but just don't have one.

Can someone in the know explain to me more about hiphop?? I don't get it. I like some of it, but like I had mentioned before - some of it just looks like.... :o Am I showing my age? I don't find that sexy at all. Latin dancing is sexy to me.

I am glad to be reading this discussion.

Catsnclay
07-14-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm not an "expert" in any kind of dance, but hiphop from what I understand (and I think we are the same age Deb - :rolleyes: ) is very sexy and almost XXX rated, but also very atheletic.

If I can get out there for just one minute and shake my big 'ole booty every day, I too would have a awsome body like all those girls! Makes me green with envy their bodies..... :rolleyes:

My favorites: Benji & Heidi (his cousin!) IMHO they have the most formal training behind them and they seem to adjust to anything that is thrown their way.

Dimitry better be careful, although I can watch him all day long.......... um, he HAS lost 4 partners now, that makes me think he can't work with anyone BUT himself........and I do not like him by himself!! I know, sounds confusing!

JenBKR
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
My favorites: Benji & Heidi (his cousin!) IMHO they have the most formal training behind them and they seem to adjust to anything that is thrown their way.

My favorites too! I love their facial expressions!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-14-2006, 03:51 PM
I love this show too. I like all the kids and hate to see them go.
I think the changes that will start next week will make things even more interesting: having to change partners each week and everyone voting for their favorite person, not couple!!!

Like Mary, the judge, would say: WHOOOAAA!!! :D

*iluvskipper*
07-14-2006, 04:27 PM
i like dance (i'm in just for kix dance) but i think that the show can be a little boring because i don't really like those boring slow ones.......

RobiLee
07-14-2006, 05:00 PM
All I can say is that I sure do wish I could dance like those people. I think they are awesome. At this point I hate to see anyone go. I have too many favs to be able to pick just one. I love all the styles of dancing and I just think its so much fun to watch. I would love to take some ballroom dancing classes for fun, but there is no way Alden would do it...lol. He can't even stand to watch the show with me :rolleyes: . They were having classes at our local college and we were all talking about it and my dad told mom he would sign up with her, but she is to chicken. I think she is crazy! I would jump at the chance if my husband offered to go :p

sparks19
07-20-2006, 09:45 AM
well? DID anyone watch it last night.

I just LOOOVE Benji :D he's just too d*mn cute. I just want to pinch his cheeks lol.

Dmitry sexy as always, not fantastic in all his performances though.

And of course Donyelle was fantastic. I think my hubby has a little crush on her :d He thinks she is beautiful and I agree. Gorgeous eyes.

There are so many great girls this year. I don't like Martha too much though. She didn't do overly well in her hip hop. Ivan was great in it.

JenBKR
07-20-2006, 09:50 AM
I watched it! Dang, I have so many favorites! Benji is my favorite male, he is so animated and such a great dancer. I love Heidi, Natalie, and Donyelle - I am going to be really anxious to see who gets cut tonight

sparks19
07-20-2006, 10:03 AM
I watched it! Dang, I have so many favorites! Benji is my favorite male, he is so animated and such a great dancer. I love Heidi, Natalie, and Donyelle - I am going to be really anxious to see who gets cut tonight

LOL I am the same way. Everytime someone came out I was like Oh I love her too, Oh I love him, Oh she's one of my favs too. LOL by the end of the show I had basically claimed everyone as my favourite haha.

If it is a male that wins I hope it is Benji. if it is a female I hope it is Donyelle but I definately would not be disappointed if it were heidi or natalie.

GreyhoundGirl
07-20-2006, 10:25 AM
I watched it last night- Go Travis !!! :D

sirrahbed
07-20-2006, 12:52 PM
YUP! We haven't missed it yet :)

Last night was so enjoyable with three dances from each person.

Oh I just loved the girls especially. Donyelle is my very favorite. But wow, Natalie, Heidi and Allison too!

The guys are not as much fun to watch for me. But, last night I really noticed Travis more than before.

I still don't care for the hip hop. The booty popping is weird - but I wish I could do it :o

That Lindy Hop was fun, fun, FUN :)

That contemporary? style that Travis and Ryan do - LOVE to watch that!! Oh how I love the dancing :D

Hubby and I are guessing that Martha and Dmitry are the next to go....how about you guys??

sparks19
07-20-2006, 01:05 PM
YUP! We haven't missed it yet :)

Last night was so enjoyable with three dances from each person.

Oh I just loved the girls especially. Donyelle is my very favorite. But wow, Natalie, Heidi and Allison too!

The guys are not as much fun to watch for me. But, last night I really noticed Travis more than before.

I still don't care for the hip hop. The booty popping is weird - but I wish I could do it :o

That Lindy Hop was fun, fun, FUN :)

That contemporary? style that Travis and Ryan do - LOVE to watch that!! Oh how I love the dancing :D

Hubby and I are guessing that Martha and Dmitry are the next to go....how about you guys??

That's my prediction too. My hubby says Dmitry won't go cause all the ladies think he has a hot bod lol but I don't think that will be quite enough. As much as I like to watch his chest... I mean watch him dance :D There are much better dancers.

JenBKR
07-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I was thinking Martha & Dimitry too, but really not sure. It's hard to tell, since the judges have no say in it anymore, it could be anyone. They are all so good and I like them all!!

RedHedd
07-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I was too tired and had to turn it off and go to sleep, but I did see Travis and Ivan and Donyelle and Heidi and .... I LOVED Dimitry's act when he ripped open his shirt at the end - did you see Nigel too? It was too funny! :D Dimitry's act is getting old, but it still is fun to watch :p

Martha USED to be good, but she's lost her pizzazz. Donyelle is awesome. For the guys I like Ivan, Travis and, of course, Benji. I couldn't get into the Lindy Hop; I have friends here in S.F. who are nuts for it - I don't get it.

As I didn't vote last night I guess I can't feel too bad whoever does get booted off. Next week I MUST remember to get extra sleep the night before so I can stay up to watch the whole show AND vote ;)

EDIT: OK I cheated and went to the DYTYCD message boards. Martha and Dimitry are gone.

sparks19
07-21-2006, 10:04 AM
We were right :D Martha and Dmitry.

Sad to think next week there won't be a studly torso girating on my screen HAHA who am I going to oooh and aaah over now lol.

but they both haven't performed up to par the last couple of weeks.

LOL did you hear all the applause and screaming Benji got last night when they called him up to tell him he was safe. I said to my husband "now do you think he is EVER going to get voted off. Listen to those screams lol" we love him. My hubby likes Donyelle, he loves her eyes. We love her too.

RedHedd
07-21-2006, 02:23 PM
I was desperately trying to get off the phone so I could watch, so I missed the whole first half-hour! Grrr! I loved Dmitry's "exit" dance :D - we can always ogle Travis - his body is mighty fine IMHO ;)

I LOVE Ryan's dancing but I have a feeling he may be the next to go.

Catsnclay
07-21-2006, 03:22 PM
As much as I like to watch his chest... I mean watch him dance :D There are much better dancers.

Oh that is SO funny, but true!!

I noticed there were a lot of "open shirt" type jokes going around :D My husband thought Dmitry was kept around in the top 10 just for his looks and chest (you know MY husband has a great chest, and can dance, and :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - :D )

As much as I liked Martha, I am kinda glad she left.......now I don't have to hear Cat call her Marr-th-ERR, that just drove me nuts when she pronounced her name!!! :rolleyes: <sorry, being a little Cat-ty!>

Karen
07-22-2006, 12:41 PM
I dislike the new format, it makes the Thursday portion completely worthless. Nothing is at stake, the "exit soloes" were the same routines/same music as the night before, and whomever is going home is a foregone conclusion. No drama, I didn't like it.

I was surprised but glad Dmitry got sent home instead of Ryan - Ryan just has so much power, and a lot of talent, whereas Dmitry was starting to get "one-trick-ponyish" for me. Good dancer, sure, but ...

And Martha is fabulous, but seemed tired - and I am sure she will go on to do great things, she is extremely talented.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I did like the fact that they danced more than one dance though! :D

sparks19
07-22-2006, 01:43 PM
I dislike the new format, it makes the Thursday portion completely worthless. Nothing is at stake, the "exit soloes" were the same routines/same music as the night before, and whomever is going home is a foregone conclusion. No drama, I didn't like it.

I was surprised but glad Dmitry got sent home instead of Ryan - Ryan just has so much power, and a lot of talent, whereas Dmitry was starting to get "one-trick-ponyish" for me. Good dancer, sure, but ...

And Martha is fabulous, but seemed tired - and I am sure she will go on to do great things, she is extremely talented.

Yeah I liked last years format much better.

Although the final dance being the dance from the night before is only fair. When they kicked of American Idol they sing the song they sang the night before (I think it's just an insult really. "you are getting kicked off the show. why not sing the song that got you kicked off") lol But when they already have to learn three dances I don't think they have time to learn a 4th. They only have a few days. but it does seem kind of pointless. I guess just 30 more seconds of exposure for the dancers.

I don't think it is a foregone conclusion who is going home this week coming up. It's going to be tough becasue everyone that is left is amazing.

RedHedd
07-22-2006, 04:25 PM
I find the new format extremely confusing. Are the solos free-style or is it the dancer's own choreography? I know the couple's numbers are choreographed by the Program's choreographers.

Also something that strikes me as odd. When the bottom vote-getter dancers have to come back and "dance for their lives" what we see on TV is them coming back onstage about 2 minutes later in a complete costume change and dancing a 30-second routine, some of which are really complex. Do they make ALL the dancers prepare a 30-second routine or are they really dancing on the fly after a very quick costume change? Does anyone know?

Karen
07-22-2006, 04:51 PM
I find the new format extremely confusing. Are the solos free-style or is it the dancer's own choreography? I know the couple's numbers are choreographed by the Program's choreographers.

They said a couple times that the soloes are the dancer's own style, freestyle - the dancer's choice.

Also something that strikes me as odd. When the bottom vote-getter dancers have to come back and "dance for their lives" what we see on TV is them coming back onstage about 2 minutes later in a complete costume change and dancing a 30-second routine, some of which are really complex. Do they make ALL the dancers prepare a 30-second routine or are they really dancing on the fly after a very quick costume change? Does anyone know?

I am sure they all prepare a routine just in case.

sparks19
07-23-2006, 11:44 AM

i watched an interview with a couple of the contestants. They ALL have to prepare a solo just in case. It should be something they have choreographed and practiced. We all remember how upset Nigel was with Ben and that other guy because they didn't put any work into it, they just came out and free styled.

RedHedd
07-23-2006, 12:33 PM
One thing I AM excited about is that the top ten are going to go on tour after the show is over. I don't think they did that last year, or if they did I missed it. Unlike the American Idol tour, I would try to see the top ten from thsi show perform. I hope they come to San Francisco or close enough.

sparks19
07-26-2006, 09:05 PM
WOW what an incredible show. my husband and I are both voting lol. I have voted for Benji and Donyelle so far and I also want to vote for Heidi. They were all incredible and it was a great show IMO.

RedHedd
07-26-2006, 09:12 PM
I can't wait! It's only 7:15 p.m. here in San Francisco right now; the show doesn't come on until 9:00.

sparks19
07-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I can't wait! It's only 7:15 p.m. here in San Francisco right now; the show doesn't come on until 9:00.

Oh man that sucks. you will like the show. Even my husband was into it :D

luvofallhorses
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
ugh I missed it the show tonight and last week. :(

Nomilynn
07-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Can anyone tell me what the name of the song is that they danced to in the opener like monsters? Better yet, does anyone have a link to that dance? I LOVED this routine and loved the song even more but I can't find it!!!

Thanks!

JenBKR
07-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Wow I really thought that Benji and Heidi were AMAZING last night. I was blown away. I was so excited when I saw that they were going to be dancing together - I remember when the were in LA before the top 20 was chosen and Benji had to dance for his life, he took Heidi to dance with him, and they were incredible then. Ever since then, those were my favorite two. I just loved both of their dances. Of course, I loved the others too. It's so hard to choose a favorite because I really love them all. Of the ones left, I'd have to say that Allison is probably my least favorite girl, although I do really like her, but she always has the same facial expression. I really have NO idea who's going to be leaving tonight.....

sparks19
07-27-2006, 10:01 AM
We called a bunch of times to vote for Benji, Donyelle and Heidi lol. I really enjoyed the show last night.

The song in the opening was called something lik Ramalama (Bang Bang) or something.

RedHedd
07-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Better yet, does anyone have a link to that dance if you go to fox.com and click on the show, there's a whole website and community there with pictures, videos, etc. Yes, I'm there too ... http://www.fox.com/dance/

SO hard to decide who to vote for so I voted for Donyelle, Travis, Ivan, Benji, Heidi and Ryan. I really like Ryan's dancing although I have a feeling he'll be going home tonight.

heinz57_79
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
My gf and I watch it religiously, and we even VOTE! hehehe My favourites last night were Heidi and Benji. I had just been saying to my gf that if they ever got paired up it would be an amazing show, and I was right! I loved every second of both their routines and i think they both have a good chance of winning the whole thing.

My predictions for tonight: Natalie and Ryan will be going home. Ryan is lucky he's made it this far, and I just don't like Natalie.

Future predictions: I think Ivan will be the next to go after Ryan, then Travis, leaving Benji to fight for the win. The girls are trickier. I love Donyelle and her personality, and i think the audience does too. I think Heidi has won people over with her versatility and personality which is why I think she's going to be one of the top 2. I think Allison has a good chance of being up there, but she doesn't have much of a personality. The girls are just too tricky! :)

RedHedd
07-27-2006, 12:45 PM
My gf and I watch it religiously, and we even VOTE! hehehe My favourites last night were Heidi and Benji. I had just been saying to my gf that if they ever got paired up it would be an amazing show, and I was right! I loved every second of both their routines and i think they both have a good chance of winning the whole thing. :) They are cousins and have danced together most of their lives. Benji is also the reigning king of swing so he's used to winning and I think he'll win this one too, although Travis will give him a run for his money. As for the girls, I think it will be Donyelle and Heidi at the end. I think there's only one winner, right? At this point, it would have to be Benji IMHO. :)

P.S. Voting last night was difficult. For the first time I actually got busy signals, but did manage to get in many votes for Benji, Heidi, Donyelle, Travis, etc. :p

heinz57_79
07-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I think we voted for Heidi, Benji, Ivan (my gf has a crush on him and Travis hehe), Travis, Donyelle and Allison. It was rough getting through. Heidi and Benji's lines were busy forEVER!

RedHedd
07-27-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm cheating again - checking the SYTYCD forum to see who's been booted off as I have a commitment in a bit, but on the boards they gave me a link to this - Heidi and Benji on You Tube!
http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=_C0GzFJGxno&session=gAJ9cQEoVQxlcnJvcl9maWVsZHNxAmNfX2J1aWx0aW 5fXwpzZXQKcQNdhVJxBFUGZXJyb3JzcQVdcQZVCG1lc3NhZ2Vz cQddcQhVDFZpZGVvIGFkZGVkIXEJYXUu

Oh, and who's gone? :( Ryan and Allison

sirrahbed
07-27-2006, 09:14 PM
awww....now that it is getting towards the end, I feel like I know all the kids and feel so sad for the ones who leave each week.

Since this is my first season watching - I have been wondering how some of those who "try-out" can have watched the show before. Maybe it is for the experience and exposure just to have a chance to be on tv. I mean, these people are just so TERRIFIC!!! I had no idea just how good a dancer can be and has to be.

prechrswife
07-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Oh, and who's gone? :( Ryan and Allison

Ryan, I understand. I really thought Natalie would have gone instead of Allison, though. I like them both, but Allison was better last night.

JenBKR
07-28-2006, 07:50 AM
but on the boards they gave me a link to this - Heidi and Benji on You Tube!
http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=_C0GzFJGxno&session=gAJ9cQEoVQxlcnJvcl9maWVsZHNxAmNfX2J1aWx0aW 5fXwpzZXQKcQNdhVJxBFUGZXJyb3JzcQVdcQZVCG1lc3NhZ2Vz cQddcQhVDFZpZGVvIGFkZGVkIXEJYXUu

I'm pretty sure that's the routine they did in LA when Benji was dancing for his life - I remember a lot of it. That dance was what made me love the two of them :)

I was kind of disappointed to see Ryan go - there's something about him that's so genuine, I really like him. I like Allison, but I like the others better, so I was ok with her leaving, although I did think it would have been Natalie. I don't really want any of them leaving because I really like all of them!

sparks19
07-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Did anyone see Allisons final dance last night? That was beautiful and the fact that Travis was crying made it even sweeter.

heinz57_79
07-28-2006, 11:01 AM
I was stunned last night when they announced Allison as the one going home. I haven't cared much for Natalie throughout the whole show, and it really ticked me off that she's staying for yet another week. Allison's solo, to me, just proved that someone goofed up somewhere and that she desereved to be there and make it into the top 3 girls. I have to admit I got teary eyed when I saw Travis starting to cry. Ryan leaving didn't surprise me. He's managed to slide by by the skin of his teeth the last few weeks, I think.

I hope Natalie goes next week. She just bugs me. :p

RedHedd
07-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Allison's solo, to me, just proved that someone goofed up somewhere and that she deserved to be there and make it into the top 3 girls. ... I hope Natalie goes next week. She just bugs me. :p
Ditto

heinz57_79
07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
...t on the boards they gave me a link to this - Heidi and Benji on You Tube!

I just watched the video, RedHedd... And i think, now more than ever, that it's going to be down to the 2 cousins at the end. They are both simply phenomenal!

Oh, anyone planning on checking out the Top 10 Tour if they stop near you? :D

sirrahbed
07-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh, anyone planning on checking out the Top 10 Tour if they stop near you? :D

The website (http://www.fox.com/dance/showinfo/tour.htm) says they will be near us at the end of September - so we will be watching for more information to be posted in a few weeks. Hubby and I would love to go! :D

RedHedd
07-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Oh, anyone planning on checking out the Top 10 Tour if they stop near you? :D They're coming to Oakland (near me) on 9/15; however I just bought tickets to Elton John for 9/16 so I'm not sure if (a) my budget can take another hit or (b) my energy level can stand being out late two nights in a row. I have to see how expensive the tickets are when they go on sale.

JenBKR
07-28-2006, 02:05 PM
dang, they're not coming anywhere NEAR me! :(

Karen
07-28-2006, 06:28 PM
The DVR failed me last night, but I thought last week that Thursday night was pointless, as all the votes were cast, so I just read the results online.

Hey, I like Allison, she's already been on one movie (Nigel mentioned it, 'High School Musical' Wednesday night) and I am sure she has a bright future ahead of her. And in Ryan's style, he's much better than in other styles, so I am sure he will do well in the real world as well. He's just got amazing musculature and control and extension. He'll do well. I wasn't surprised to hear he was gone.

sparks19
07-28-2006, 08:20 PM
I wasn't surprised with ryan leaving. he is great in his element but he never really stood out to me. My hubby thinks allison is one of the best all around dancers that was on the show.

I'm pulling for Benji though lol

sirrahbed
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
What did you guys think about tonight?? I LOVED tonight's show - such fun :D

With only six dancers left - everyone is just fabulous...but hubby and I both predict that the two with the lowest votes will be Natalie and Ivan.

Of the other four - Benji, Travis, Heidi and Donyelle - I love them all :D

One of the judges said to vote the the dancers that are most fun to watch. Taking that advice, I believe the most fun is Benji - I HAVE to smile when I watch him dance.

That waltz that Heidi and Travis did was beautiful wasn't it?

Did it look like Donyelle was in pain at the end of her solo tonight??? :(

luvofallhorses
08-02-2006, 09:34 PM
I LOVED tonight's show..I finally didn't forget to watch it. :p

Did it look like Donyelle was in pain at the end of her solo tonight??? :(

yeah, the judges burned her pretty badly. :(

RedHedd
08-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Ah! You guys are killing me! 1 1/4 hours until it airs here in San Francisco. Travis dancing the waltz! I can't wait!

Donyelle was injured last week (her knee) - perhaps it's still bothering her?

sirrahbed
08-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Ah! You guys are killing me! 1 1/4 hours until it airs here in San Francisco. Travis dancing the waltz! I can't wait!

What did you think of it??? I think they called Travis's dance slow waltz or was it smooth waltz?

Parts of that dance are still in my mind - so pretty!! I have several "memory tapes" of dances that play in my mind - and they are all of Heidi's routines.
Well, I do have a couple memory tapes of Dmitry, too ;)

I will be sad when the series ends with the finale next week. I sure have enjoyed it and learned alot about different dances. Now, I would like to go to another dance production so I can watch with a better eye of appreciation you know?? I am watching the Fox website for more info about the Top 10 Tour - hubby and I want to get tickets :)

While I was searching the net, I found a video of various productions that Mia Michaels choreographed and it is breathtaking!!! Take a look Mia Michaels Reel (http://www.miamichaels.com/video.html)...oh my!!! It has clips from Celine Dion's A New Day...WOW!!

sparks19
08-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I said the same thing to my hubby about Donyelle. I didn't know she hurt her knee though. I know natalie had a knee brace on and I know Donyelle had a possibly broken toe earlier in the show. But she definately looked to be in a lot of pain. It was even hard for her to fake smile.

I LOVE Benji I also can't help but smile when I watch him.

I think in the finale everyone dances with each other at least once. The guys dance together and the girls do a dance together and then each couple does a dance. I don't know if they do a solo or not but I would imagine they do. It's going to be a great show :D

RedHedd
08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
What did you think of it??? I think they called Travis's dance slow waltz or was it smooth waltz?

Parts of that dance are still in my mind - so pretty!! I have several "memory tapes" of dances that play in my mind - and they are all of Heidi's routines.
Well, I do have a couple memory tapes of Dmitry, too ;)

I will be sad when the series ends with the finale next week. I sure have enjoyed it and learned alot about different dances. Now, I would like to go to another dance production so I can watch with a better eye of appreciation you know?? I am watching the Fox website for more info about the Top 10 Tour - hubby and I want to get tickets :)

While I was searching the net, I found a video of various productions that Mia Michaels choreographed and it is breathtaking!!! Take a look Mia Michaels Reel (http://www.miamichaels.com/video.html)...oh my!!! It has clips from Celine Dion's A New Day...WOW!!

Travis' performance last night brought me to tears and I couldn't stop voting for him. He's an amazing dancer! I didn't like Heidi at first, her cabbage patch face does look very hard at times, but she's amazing. I voted for her too.

Benji, Benji, Benji - He just might win this thing. I voted for him too.

Donyelle did look to be in pain. I didn't really care for her solo, but I voted for her too.

I actually went and took an intro to Samba class the other day - what fun! As a former dancer, I just love this stuff. Reminds me of me when I was in my prime, performing and auditioning. It's really hard work.

I'm still thinking about getting tickets to their show here. Mia Michaels bugs me and I just can't put my finger on it. Probably because I never really understood modern dance (I guess now they're calling it "contemporary"). I'm at work right now, but I will check out that site when I get home.

Catsnclay
08-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Next week is the finale?! :eek: Oh NO!! I can feel the withdrawals coming on already!! :eek:

Do they pick one boy and one girl as the winner or just one PERSON period?

Gosh, this is getting harder and harder, they are all so talented, but if I had to pick only one, it would be........BENJI............ :D

You all are right, he just makes me grin when he dances, slow or fast, I'm just beaming like a proud parent!

sparks19
08-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Next week is the finale?! :eek: Oh NO!! I can feel the withdrawals coming on already!! :eek:

Do they pick one boy and one girl as the winner or just one PERSON period?

Gosh, this is getting harder and harder, they are all so talented, but if I had to pick only one, it would be........BENJI............ :D

You all are right, he just makes me grin when he dances, slow or fast, I'm just beaming like a proud parent!

Just one person.

I think Benji too :D

I know what you mean about beaming like a proud parent lol I clap for him and everything.

heinz57_79
08-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I loved last night's show! It's coming down to the wire and this is when the dancers really need to step it up. I have to say I was so not impressed by Ivan and Natalie's routines. I'm hoping she's gone tonight. I think Ivan will be the next guy to go, but he's already come further than anyone thought he could/would.

Heidi and Travis were awesome! I voted for both of them. Benji is my favourite still, though, I think. But I don't think he should be dancing for Celine Dion. He needs to be on Broadway!! He'd be great in a musical, he has that kind of personality. Donyelle was definitely not up to par. I didn't know she was dancing with an injury, but something was definitely up. She's usually one of my favourites and she just didn't do it for me last night. But, I voted for her just so I can try to get Natalie voted off. :) Heidi is amazing, Travis is amazing, Benji is amazing. Those 3 deserve to have come this far, and I'd be happy if any of them won. I have a feeling it will be Benji or Travis though.

I'm curious to see what happens tonight...

JenBKR
08-04-2006, 07:58 AM
I had kind of guessed that Natalie and Ivan would be the ones leaving. I like them both, but they haven't been performing as well as the rest of them lately. Everyone that's left is my favorite :D so I have no idea who I want to win! I have a feeling it will be Benji though.

RobiLee
08-04-2006, 08:28 AM
I was so sad last night :(. I didn't want to see anyone leave. I wish they could all stay and keep on entertaning us...lol. I'm hoping for Benji or Heidi to win. I just love those two. They seem to have shining personalities and look so happy to be dancing that it makes me happy. They seem to give it all they have when they are out there on that dance floor and they have done such a remarkable job at learning all the different styles. Travis, my goodness what can you say about him...lol..that boy is flawless! Donyelle was fabulous in the 1st half of the show, but for me she has lost her edge in the last few weeks and it makes me wonder if it was Benji that made her shine so much in the beginning. *Sigh* All 4 of them are awesome and I wish they could all win. I say we have a "do over" so we can bring back all 10 girls and 10 boys and keep on watching them ;). I am really going to miss this show!! I'll be waiting for Dancing with the Stars to start up next and anxiously awaiting the next season of "So You Think You Can Dance!" :D

heinz57_79
08-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I was soooooo happy to see Natalie FINALLY get voted off. God, she bugs me! I was sad to see Ivan go, though. But I don't think this is the last we'll be seeing of him. He's got some amazing talent and with a bit of training he'll go so far in the industry.

Next week is going to be nerve wracking! I don't want to see anyone that's left NOT win. Can't we call it a 4-way tie? :D Judging from the response of the crowd, I think Benji has won the hearts of just about everyone.

One thing, Mia Michaels was BRUTAL last night with the girls, and with Benji. I mean, DAMN! What is her issue? Like they're not all stressed enough, we need a judge to tell them how crappy they are. I think she was totally wrong about Heidi. Heidi has proved just how versatile she is. Everything she has done, she's done brilliantly. Donyelle is basically dancing on a broken toe... I just think she was overly and unnecessarily harsh.

I can't wait for the tour.. it's coming to Phoenix, and we're ready to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale! :)

RedHedd
08-04-2006, 02:14 PM
If you watched Mia Michaels's video that Sirrahbed posted, you will see that Mia is choreographing Celine Dion's show. The prize for winning So You Think You Can Dance this year is a one-year contract dancing in Celine's show.

Did you pay attention to Mia's critique's last night? Yes, she was brutal but she also gave a HUGE hint as to who the winner probably will be - Travis.

She criticized Benji for being too limited and praised Travis for his technical training and versatility.

Is the show fixed? Probably, but since they never post the actual voting totals, we'll never know. They're all terrific dancers and will go far in their careers.

Karen
08-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Yes, if Mia had her way, it seems the winner would be Travis, but it is not up to the judges, so she'll have to live with whomever "America" chooses.

Of course, she might hire him anyway, after the "tour" is over, you never know, and no one ever said she'd only hire one person, as the show has multiple dancers.

I was not surprised to see Natalie and Ivan go, it was pretty predicatable. The most heartwrenching moment was seeing Allison crying and trying to smile after Natalie sent her kisses after her solo.

sparks19
08-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Mia Michaels drives me nuts. I don't know why but just something about her GRRR. She had pretty much nothing but nice things to say about Ivan and I think Benji is a much better dancer AND more versatile than Ivan (even though I know Ivan has had no formal training)

I think she just thinks Ivan and Travis are hot ;) doesn't like ANY females and well Benji just doesn't turn her crank lol

Anyway I really think Benji is and should win it. He has been consistantly good through out the whole show. I really didn't even know Travis exsisted on the show until a couple of weeks ago. he just seems to blend into the scenery to me. He just doesn't have that spark for me.

Donyelle is apparently dancing with a broken (or near broken) toe and has been for at least 4 or 5 weeks. i think that could be the decline in her performances. I don't imagine a broken toe would get BETTER if she continued to dance on it lol. Also notice her last few performances she didn't have shoes on if she could manage it. Even during her hip hop routine last night in jeans she was barefoot. I think it is just getting too painful and I really hope she lets it rest for a while if she can.

Hiedi, what can I say. She makes weird faces but she is fantastic. She has a gorgeous body and can pull off any outfit and she has a pretty face (when she isn't making faces) and she is a GREAT dancer.

RedHedd
08-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Hiedi, what can I say. She makes weird faces but she is fantastic. She has a gorgeous body and can pull off any outfit and she has a pretty face (when she isn't making faces) and she is a GREAT dancer. What was with her hair last night? Was she wearing a wig? It looked so weird - all big and poofy

sparks19
08-04-2006, 02:27 PM
What was with her hair last night? Was she wearing a wig? It looked so weird - all big and poofy

LOL I was wondering about that too LOL

sirrahbed
08-04-2006, 04:07 PM
The prize for winning So You Think You Can Dance this year is a one-year contract dancing in Celine's show. It seems to me that Travis is more suited to the style of Celine's show yanow? I mean - as much as I LOVE Benji - I really can't see him doing that "New Day" dancing :D

Is the show fixed? Probably, but since they never post the actual voting totals, we'll never know. They're all terrific dancers and will go far in their careers.I wonder about the outcome too. I hope it is really the voters who decide but no way to know. I always assume that TV is pretty much "fixed" - cynical eh? :p

I'll be waiting for Dancing with the Stars to start up next and anxiously awaiting the next season of "So You Think You Can Dance!" :DI will have to check out that show Robin!

RedHedd
08-04-2006, 04:32 PM
I'll be waiting for Dancing with the Stars to start up next Me too! I hear Lisa Rinna's hubby, Harry Hamlin, will be dancing this coming season ;)

JenBKR
08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
AAHHHH I don't think I can wait until next week to know who wins! Everyone was so terrific last night, I just love them all! I really enjoyed Benji and Travis dancing hip hop together, such a fun routine :D

luvofallhorses
08-10-2006, 10:40 AM
AAHHHH I don't think I can wait until next week to know who wins! Everyone was so terrific last night, I just love them all! I really enjoyed Benji and Travis dancing hip hop together, such a fun routine :D

same here, I can't wait until next week either! :D

sparks19
08-10-2006, 11:30 AM
LOL I loved Benji and Travis too. LOL I think I voted 50 times for Benji. I had both of our cell phones and just kept hitting redial over and over on both lol.

I thought the routine Donyelle and Heidi got sucked. It wasn't their fault the choreography was just the pits.

i liked the dance they all did at the end :D

RedHedd
08-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah I know re having to wait a whole week! The finale is going to be two hours long! Geez! They're just going to drag it out - I mean I don't "mind" watching them dance again, although it will probably just be a rehash of the whole season. I wish they all could win, but I voted for Travis as many times as I could get through. Benji and Heidi's lines were busy most of the night, but I did get in a few votes for them too. Donyelle? I love her and think she's a terrific dancer. It's obvious she's in a lot of pain as her performances the last few weeks haven't been up to par. They will ALL do well from here on out.

Catsnclay
08-10-2006, 02:26 PM
I thought the routine Donyelle and Heidi got sucked. It wasn't their fault the choreography was just the pits.

What was with some of the choreography people this year? Some of the routines they put together were CRAP !! :eek: I thought all those dancers were much better than the routines they were given. Sorry, just had to vent there.

I think it is unfair that only one dancer wins. They got paired up throughout the show, and like Benji and Heidi, they work together well. So if you constantly dance with a partner, HOW can just ONE win?!

Still confused over it, but then again I am blonde ..... :rolleyes: :D

RedHedd
08-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Go to Ticketmaster.com. Presale code is "NIGEL"

Exclusive ticket presales run from Thu 8/10, 10 AM to 10 PM in select cities. All others run from Fri 8/11, 10 AM to 10 PM. Click on 'Find Tickets' to view participating events. Presale end time subject to change. All times are local.

GreyhoundGirl
08-10-2006, 05:05 PM
I loved the routine travis and benji did together. Especially were the two of them did thev flips together. :eek: That was amazing !

I think that if more guys vote the winner will be Heidi ( IMO she looks more like a dancer than Donyelle does, so most guys will like her better. :rolleyes: ) If more women vote I dunno who it will be. ( but I hope Travis. ;) )

sparks19
08-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Yaaaaaaaaay I am so happy

Anyone else watch the finale?

YAAAAAY

the finale itself wasn't as good as I thought it would be but I am so PLEASED with the winner. Although to be honest, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of the final 4. They were all great. Donyelle may not have the perfect body of a dancer but she is beautiful and she is a great dancer.

I am glad "Tranji" got to do their dance again :D

JenBKR
08-17-2006, 07:23 AM
YAY from me too! I love Benji, and I was really glad to see him win. Although, I too would have been happy with any of them. Did you see Benji's father crying in the audience? That was a sweet moment. Great show, I am hoping that the tour comes to Pittsburgh!!

RedHedd
08-17-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm happy for Benji, although I really was rooting for Travis to win. They will ALL do well professionally.

I am so proud of myself - I did not peek at the Internet to see who won before the show came on here on the West Coast. It was tempting, but I resisted the temptation. It was so good to see all the happiness and tears at the end.

It was good to see Benji and Travis do their number together again, however it was too bad they were both in plain T-shirts when the winner was announced. It would have been nicer to have them in something a bit more appropriate (dressier) for a winner.

The tour is coming to Oakland, near San Francisco, but I'm going to Elton John the next night and don't want to burn myself out (or my wallet).

sparks19
08-17-2006, 10:50 AM
I know the tour is coming to Philly. There is also one in maryland. I don't know if we will go to one or not but I would love to go.

Yes when they showed Benji's father I was tearing up a little bit. I also liked Donyelle's little speech about how she quit dancing and asked God what he wanted her to do with her life and she thought that trying out for the show and being in the finale was a sign. My husband laughed and said "you know God was up there listening and said 'Girl you better keep dancing'" LOL

JenBKR
08-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Oh I know I was tearing up during Donyelle's speech. It was really moving. So far the tour is not scheduled to come to Pittsburgh, but I sure hope that they do! I keep checking the site to see if they schedule it yet, but so far no :(

Catsnclay
08-17-2006, 03:28 PM
It was good to see Benji and Travis do their number together again, however it was too bad they were both in plain T-shirts when the winner was announced. It would have been nicer to have them in something a bit more appropriate (dressier) for a winner.

Our thoughts exactly! They should have done their dance earlier, and both should have been more dressed up for the end of the show.

But either way, we are SO happy that Benji won!! Woo---Hoo!! Way to go - all 4 of them!!

sirrahbed
08-17-2006, 04:00 PM
I hate to see it all end!!

Donyelle had been my favorite early on and so I guess I should not have been surprised to have a bit of LES (leaky eye syndrome) when she did not win. But, I would have been so happy no matter who won.

I am really happy that the ballroom dancing was as popular as it was - do you think this type of dance might be helped even more by the show??

Really though - I started appreciating ALL of the dance types because of this show.

Tickets went on sale Saturday for Cincinnati but when I tried on Sunday night both at Ticketmaster and at the venue site, I could not get tickets so I am assuming they were already sold out by that time. Oh well, $50 a ticket is what I saved! ;)

Karen
08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I do hope all four of them do well. Maybe Travis will also get hired by the Celine Dion show, as Mia Michaels said she'd work with him "for the rest of her career" if she had the choice.

I didn;t have a favorite between the final two, I hated how they did the finale, with the stupid pieces of paper ... "oooh, you're not it" or "oh, you have to wait," but it was okay. My DVD cut Celine Dion off mid-speech - did anything interesting happen after that?