PDA

View Full Version : My aunt/uncle cat went missing

In_love_with_cats
06-29-2006, 04:00 PM
:confused: Frankie went missing from the backyard on Sun, June 25/06 and has been gone for 5 days now. They let him go out without a leash on which he should of been on one. Frankie is a type of cat that likes to wander around and cannot be trusting outside unattending. Has to be supervise at all times. Was a stray cat before they got him and is use to going outside. It is probably not his first time running away from home. Does have a heart murmur and isn't a very strong cat. I just hope he didn't get hit by a car, they live on a busy street with soo many cars going by. I hope he he's in a safe place and not in a crazy household. Do you guys think he would find his way back home? Did this ever happen to you guys where your kitty went missing? I just hope they get him back home.

jazzcat
06-29-2006, 04:16 PM
There are several people here who can probably give you some good tips on what to do.

I'd be sure and put out some food for him to help him smell his way back.

I hope he shows up safe and sound soon.

Aquamarine
06-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Good luck! Hopefully he'll find his way back home. As suggested above, put out some of his favorite food so maybe he could smell his way back. I'll be praying for him. It's not fun having a pet that ran away.

CultureJunky
06-29-2006, 05:00 PM
I really hope he comes back safe and sound. Rattle some dry food in a can, call his name, put posters up, knock on neighbours doors to ask.
Even getting somebody to put out a notice on the local radio station to ask people to look out for him may prompt something.
I pray he comes back safe, keep us updated please.

catmandu
06-29-2006, 05:04 PM
The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squad Is Now Looking For Your Frankie, And We Are Praying That You Hear His Familiar Meeoow Soon.

Laura's Babies
06-29-2006, 05:19 PM
I hope he makes his way back soon... Chances are, he is not far away.

(I had one that was missing for 3 weeks and found his way back home all by himself)

moosmom
06-29-2006, 10:22 PM
My cat LilEli fell out of my livingroom window when I lived in Michigan. I lived on a MAJOR busy street and didn't even hear the screen give way. LilEli was a feral kitty, being born to Zam (Ramanth's kitty) along with Logan (also Ramanth's kitty).

I put a trap out in the back yard with the hopes of catching him. I tried for 6 days and 5 nights without success. One night I was pulling into my parking spot and there he was just sitting in the back yard. He had been in the craw space inside the entrance to our building's basement. I scooped him up in my arms and took him inside and checked to make sure he was okay (nothing broken).

I would suggest that your aunt and uncle put up posters (someone may have closed him in a garage, tool shed, etc.), and check the perimeter of the house. Shake a can of treats and call his name. If he's hungry enough, he'll come around. Cats do not roam far from their food source.

Good luck.

In_love_with_cats
06-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Yes, my aunt/uncle put poster up in the store and around her neighbourhood. He still hasn't come back yet. I posted his picture and information to the Toronto Humane Society website that is are local shelter. Hopefully that helps and they get Frankie back. I just hope nothing bad happen to him and plus he does have a heart murmur. I will let you know if he comes back and I will keep you updated.