PDA

View Full Version : This has gotten crazy!

jazzcat
06-29-2006, 03:20 PM
I griped on here a couple of weeks ago that the Yellow Pages mistakenly listed in their phone book our home phone number as an appliance repair number and we are getting several calls. Well last week we started getting mail for them (they are located about 18 miles across town from me) and today I find out that the Yellow and White Pages website now has their name listed with my address and phone number. The SuperYellowPages just now called me to verify that I want my phone number taken out of their business listings.

Even if they get it straighten out online it will be December before the new Yellow Pages Book will come out so locals will still be calling me at 8 am to fix their washer! :rolleyes: :mad:

I've had this phone number for 13 years - I don't want to change it!

This is crazy!

Thanks for letting me vent!

sirrahbed
06-29-2006, 03:25 PM
oh sorry Lori :eek:

I have heard about this happening to people but have never thought too much about it until it happens to someone I know (you)...

I don't think there is anything possible to do about it though, except try to get through 2006 until they issue new books. I would not want to change my number either. Hopefully you will not be woken up with frantic calls.

One good thing is that the phone books are now changed more regularly than they used to be so next year it will be over and you can roll your eyes and talk about that crazy year when you were an appliance repairman! :p

I am glad they didn't list you as being a plumber!!

Maresche
06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
All I can suggest is turning your ringer down very low and make sure you voice mail/answering machine makes clear that you are NOT XYZ business and repeat it at least 3 times.

Hopefully then only real calls leave messages and you can call them back....

You have my sympathies.

jazzcat
06-29-2006, 03:30 PM
LOL, thanks Debbie. Yes, I'm sure be listed as a plumber would be a 100 times worse.

I just checked whitepages.com and they've fixed that problem. Now to just wait until 2007.

Thanks for the sympathy maresche!

lute
06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
what a stressful thing! i wonder how they got your phone number AND your address mixed up.

Donnaj4962
06-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I am so sorry that you are going through this!

Years ago, when I was married, I worked at a hotel as a desk clerk, and the hotel's number was only one digit off from my (then) in-laws home number! My (then) mother-in-law would get calls for the hotel and she would give them the correct number and tell them to ask for me as I was her DIL! And the hotel would get calls for them also! It was hysterical!

I would agree that one day you will laugh about all of this!

Laura's Babies
06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
My number was printed on TRAFFIC TICKETS in the small town I use to live in and I would get calls all day long, people wanting to pay their tickets.. After years of that, I called the town hall myself and told them thay had MY number on their traffic tickets and I was getting their calls all day long.. They fixed that really quick.

Roxyluvsme13
06-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Gee, that sounds horrible. I hope they get it fixed soon, and I agree that you should make sure your answering machine says you're not the business.