PDA

View Full Version : Toliet paper....

Catsnclay
06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
TOLIET PAPER Is this good for a cat's system?? :rolleyes: :mad:

I don't know why, but all of a sudden Yoshi has become a toliet paper eater.... :mad:

Anyone who comes to my house laughs, the T/P is hidden in the cabinet in the main bathroom (I took the holder off, because people who didn't know better, would hang up the T/P after they used my bathroom :rolleyes: ) and the holder in our bathroom is hung up by the light switch.

I have no idea how he is getting to it, he just bites into the roll, and eats it! :eek: As a baby he would play with the roll and completely un-roll it just for the fun, they all still do this that is why the T/P is still hidden :rolleyes: but I'm just not getting this eating it.

Any suggestions? He just had his annual last month and everything is fine. And this has just started this past week. Oh, and of course its one of those brand new, extra BIG rolls :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

catnapper
06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
LOLOLOL... is this a new style TP for you? Maybe he thinks he's testing it for quality control purposes?

There must be somethign in the manufacturing that has got his interest. I've seen my guys attack and play with the TP, but never have they made it their mission to do so (shhhh... don't let Harry read this. He might try it!)

sirrahbed
06-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Something I noticed - there was a period of time when somebody was always getting to the rolls and sredding them - and then it just stopped. I am pretty sure that what happened is that I bought a package of generic paper that is thinner and rougher. You know the stuff? ;) It is more crackly feeling and I think that attracts them. Just a thought anyway. I now keep extra rolls of the softer quilty-type paper and nobody bothers it.

catmandu
06-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I Would Think, Just Off The Top Of My Head That Toilet Paper Would Not Be Good For A Cats Digestion.
You Might Have To Put One Of Those Covers Over The Roll.

Laura's Babies
06-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Catmandu took the words right out of my mouth... That can't be good for them. How about decorating a 3# coffee can and put by the toilet to keep it in?

Cinder & Smoke
06-29-2006, 07:42 PM
How about decorating a 3# coffee can and put by the toilet to keep it in?

:eek:

You have ANY idea what a 3# Coffee Can rolling around the baffroom floor
at 03:00 AM sounds like!?? :rolleyes:

:p

Sonia59
06-30-2006, 02:58 AM
LOL
I have the same problem with Peppito! We have to be very inventive to try to hide the rolls in bags that Peppito cannot catch, but that remain convenient to use :D Our visitors are always surprised too! And even when I explain they have to hide the roll after use, some of them forget, and 5 min later I find a little mountain of teared paper on the floor. It is amazing how Peppito can quickly detect an accessible roll of paper!
I have been thinking of a metal box, but did not find yet something suitable :)

LoudLou
06-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Princess Mocha Bean has always done what we call "Fanging" the Toilet Paper. She only does it if it is still in the plastic package. She does not shred it and she will not do it if it is out of the package. She doesn't eat it either.
We call it "Fanging" because that is what she does. She goes up to it and sinks her fangs in the TP as far as she can... then she leaves it alone.... very strange, and she has always done this.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/LOUDLouieandTheBeans/FangedTP001.jpg http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/LOUDLouieandTheBeans/FangedTP002.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Maybe it was scented, and smelled like tuna :confused: :D

KitCat
07-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Maybe they are brushing their teeth?

Catsnclay
07-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Maybe they are brushing their teeth?

It's funny that you mentioned that! My husband thought the same thing - our toliet paper looks EXACTLY like the ones LoudLou posted! :eek: :rolleyes:

Maybe Yoshi knows we are going to start remodeling our bathroom and is trying to help?!

We are also crossing our fingers & paws that this construction will not awaken the "pee-boy" in him :eek: When he gets stressed, he pee's :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh Gosh how I'm going to dread the next few days!!!!