PDA

View Full Version : Shake up at *The View*

Pam
06-29-2006, 08:26 AM
For those who haven't heard, Star Jones has announced she is leaving the show and apparently did not even let Barbara Walters know she was planning to announce it. It seems her contract was not going to be renewed anyway because, according to what I heard this morning, she was not forthcoming with how she lost her weight and has lost favor with the fans. Tonight she will be Larry King's guest and this will all be discussed.

Does anyone have any feelings about this? I seldom watch The View because I am usually at work. I often found I couldn't relate to any of these ladies' *views* on things and never felt they represented me anyway. To me it is much ado about nothing but I am sure some of you must disagree. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Laura's Babies
06-29-2006, 08:40 AM
I usually have it on just for the noise but if Rosie O'Donnald replaces Starr, I will change channels.. I didn't much care for Starr but I liked her a whole lot better than I like Rosie.

Pam
06-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Rosie will be replacing Meredith Vierra (sp?) who already left. Now they will need another replacement. :rolleyes:

elizabethann
06-29-2006, 08:52 AM
They took Star Jones off of The View website...finally.

I sometimes watch The View when I'm out sick. I was never a fan of Star Jones. However, I think the best thing she could have done for her career was quit.

Rosie O'Donnell will make the ratings fall (depending on who they get to replace Star Jones). I used to LOVE Rosie but then she screwed Tom Selleck and just became a very strange and weird person.

I won't be watching The View anymore. I'll watch The Price Is Right. Love Bob Barker!! :D

Rachel
06-29-2006, 09:32 AM
I never cared much for Star Jones and I don't think the average person could identify with her *high end* life style. What really ticked me off was when she went on and on about how she didn't care for dogs and keep those dogs away from her. Then when her new husband wanted a dog and they got the little maltese, it was Pinky this and Pinky that.

She obviously really crossed Barbara when she made her announcement on Tuesday without Barbara's knowledge that it was going to happen, although I thought what she said was completely fine. Barbara, in addition to being a Diva happened to be the BOSS and she wasn't going to let that go unchallenged, hence her over-the-top reaction. I think she would have done herself a favor not to have over reacted in the manner which she did.

Actually seeing the nails come out like this was the best entertainment I've seen on The View.

sparks19
06-29-2006, 10:53 AM
I heard she was leaving but I didn't hear about the spat with Barbara walters. Barbara just tore a strip off her right there on the show?

I also dislike Rosie O'Donnell very much. I don't watch the view much NOW but I certainly won't be tuning in once she is on the show.

jazzcat
06-29-2006, 11:45 AM
I can't stand Rosie so I will not be watching in the fall. I read some of her comments this winter about Star's weight loss. I think she was saying Star needs to admit she had gastric bypass surgery. What business is it of hers?

moosmom
06-29-2006, 12:50 PM
I watched it the other day when Barbara Wahwah made the announcement. I think they just should've let it go. Why add fuel to the fire??

I think she was saying Star needs to admit she had gastric bypass surgery. What business is it of hers?

I also don't like Rosie O'Donnell, never have. What said Jazzcat is right, Star's gastric bypass IS none of her business. I've never been a big fan of "The View" or "The Price Is Right". I usually just go online and listen to my CD's.

Daisy and Delilah
06-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I also don't like Star Jones or Rosie O'Donnell. I used to like both of them but success(or whatever it is) has gone to their heads. They're both so full of themselves and so arrogant, I can't stand to watch them at all anymore. I'll just go online too, if I'm not at work, instead of watching The View. I have to also say that Barbara Walters is not someone I would want to upset if I were in that business ;)

sirrahbed
06-29-2006, 02:55 PM
I am pretty out of it when it comes to popular tv shows. I tuned in to "The View" only once and like Pam - felt that nothing there represented any "view" of mine.

Years ago, I really liked the Rosie show back when she would talk about musicals and was funny, IMO. Now I can't stand her. I read about Star in a People magazine article where she talked about her large weight loss and at the time, I thought she must have had gstric bypass, based on her evasiveness and not wanting to explain how she lost it. At the time I felt what is the big deal and why not explain her success....ah well, don't really care :p

I don't really relate or have much in common with any tv personalities though I do like reading People now and then. Even that magazine is getting to be too celebrity oriented to be as interesting as it was when it was new. Guess I am showing my age, eh?

sasvermont
06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
What can I say? I have been following the media hype on this - since I watch the daily news reports. I could care less what they say about each other.

I, too, like Pam, have watched it a couple of times when home and bored silly, but would never put it on a list of "must see shows".....

This falls in to the "whatever" category for me. :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
06-29-2006, 03:08 PM
:o Thank you Donna & enough said!!!

I watched it the other day when Barbara Wahwah made the announcement. I think they just should've let it go. Why add fuel to the fire??

I also don't like Rosie O'Donnell, never have. What said Jazzcat is right, Star's gastric bypass IS none of her business. I've never been a big fan of "The View" or "The Price Is Right". I usually just go online and listen to my CD's.

lute
06-29-2006, 03:49 PM
i don't watch The View. it comes on and i just change the channel. i personally wish Starr Jones would be fat again. she looks creepy now and she seemed to have a better personality when she was fat.

Jadapit
06-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I dont like the view period. All those women talk at once when the show first starts, you cant even tell what they are saying. It gets on my nerves.

Pam
06-29-2006, 05:35 PM
This thread has done me a world of good! :) I thought, with The View being so popular, there must be something wrong with me. :p I agree with just about everything that has been said. I liked Rosie in the beginning (when I was home to catch it) but by the time her show ended I was ready to see her go. :rolleyes:

I think it's pretty obvious that Star had gastric bypass surgery. I can't understand the need to try and keep it a secret. Al Roker had it and didn't try to keep it a secret and he looks great. Who cares anyway? My feeling is that if you are in the public eye and you do something dramatic like that you really have to be ready to share it with the people who watch you each day. Oprah has sure been open about her weight struggles and I think is very admired because of it. Star and Rosie will never be in her class.

DrKym
06-29-2006, 05:41 PM
ok I am way out of the loop! when did rosie screw Tom? I always loved her talk show, as you can tell I seldom watch TV however I never liked star anyway and had a lot of respect for babs. guess I will tune in to larry king..............................................

Rachel
06-30-2006, 05:56 AM
I did watch Larry King last night and have to say that Star held up fairly well. As I've said before, she's never been one of my favorites, but on the issue of her telling exactly what happened, instead of concocting some story like Barbara wanted her to, I think she made the right choice. Too bad she didn't adhere to that more closely with the weight loss issue.

I really don't watch the View either, but since I have Oprah on (while I'm working) and it comes on afterwards, sometimes I do see a bit here and there. I'm glad I happened on to this little cat fight. It sheds some light on the Barbara Walters personality.

Pam
06-30-2006, 06:07 AM
I'm glad I happened on to this little cat fight. It sheds some light on the Barbara Walters personality.

I watched it too Rachel and my thoughts were pretty much the same as yours. I thought Star side-stepped some of the questions. She would make a good politician because she skirted around some things without a proper answer in my opinion. :p I think the eye-opener for me is what a *hard as nails* person Barbara Walters must be. I have lost respect for her as well and don't even ask what my thoughts are about Rosie now. :mad: I think The View will slowly slide out of view, and that's OK with me. :)

king2005
06-30-2006, 10:30 AM
I won't be watching The View anymore. I'll watch The Price Is Right. Love Bob Barker!! :D

Yes come join the other side with me. Bob Barker ROCKS!! hehe

momoffuzzyfaces
06-30-2006, 02:12 PM
I don't care much for the View anyway but now that Rosie's going to be on, I won't watch ever!!!!

I can't believe everyone got their noses out of joint because of Star's weight loss. It's not really anyone's business but hers, specially not Rosie's!!! :rolleyes: Rosie is no paragon of virtue herself!!!

I don't know why Barbara was so shocked at Star's announcement. She knew since November that Star's contract wouldn't be renewed. I couldn't stand to see Star sitting there like a whipped puppy anymore so I guess I'm glad she moved on.

BOBS DAD
06-30-2006, 02:47 PM
OK... I'll admit it, I've seen the view - and at times I've found those ladies' yackety-yack about nothing amusing. But with Meredith Vierra leaving AND ROSIE??? taking her place, I think the show was doomed anyway.

I do wish however I could have caught the cat fight that you all say took place!!! :D Maybe Rosie will come on and drop 200 pounds and "not admit" to gastric bypass too!!! That would add to their chances of surviving!!!

Craftlady
06-30-2006, 03:21 PM
She did say on last night that there was surgery involved. Thought it was interesting that they re-broadcast the Larry King Show during the time slot of "The View" this morning which was an "oncore performance" (re-run). Think the ladies had enough excitement for one week and with the long holiday weekend the show decided to do reruns.

I always thought Barbara Walters was a shrewed business women, that was proven even more this week. I think having Rosie O'Donnell on the show now will send "The View" down the river to cancelation.

sparks19
06-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Yes come join the other side with me. Bob Barker ROCKS!! hehe

LOL WOO HOO for Bob Barker. I have a question (sorry to derail the thread for one moment)....

What happens when Bob passes away? Do they find a replacement or just cancel the show? I can't imagine the show would be much without him after all this time.

elizabethann
07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh great, I just read that Star Jones will be hosting one of my all-time favorite shows, HOUSE HUNTERS. :( :mad:

Catsnclay
07-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I've never watched the View, because I can't stand daytime Tv. Barbara Walters is ok, but she can be pretty persistant in interviews. (day or night)

Rosie O'donnel use to be funny and I did like her, then she changed :(

Starr Jones. Well, where do I start?! Can't stand the woman, never did like her, don't know why, just never liked her. Then she really got to me with her "free" wedding. OMG! This woman has enough money to have a dream wedding, but no, she had to "make" everyone donate things, then she bragged about it.....sick, sick sick! Then her weight-loss issue, I really didn't follow it too closely, but you would be a fool if you thought it was all excersise :rolleyes: Of COURSE she has surgery! To me, now she looks gastly, have you seen her lately?! :eek: :eek: frightening!

My guess the show's ratings were going downhill any way, so they were looking for a change, did a poll and the bottom person was kicked off.

Either way, I STILL don't watch daytime TV, never will. Although I would have liked to have seen the catfight :D

Pam
07-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh great, I just read that Star Jones will be hosting one of my all-time favorite shows, HOUSE HUNTERS. :( :mad:

That is one of my very favorite shows too! Gosh, I don't think I am going to enjoy it half as much now. She is not a good *fit* in my opinion for that show. I hope that decision is not *set in cement* yet. Where did you read that?

As for The View, I think it's only a matter of time until it goes off the air. Judging from you all on here and people I have talked to at work, etc. no one likes Rosie any more. She acts as if her view is the only real one and has very little intolerance for anyone else. Her presence alone, along with all the hoopla will cause ratings to plummet. It won't matter to me really, though, because, as I said, I hardly ever watched The View.

Rachel
07-05-2006, 05:28 PM

Oh, please, no! Tell me you just said that to jerk my chain! HOUSE HUNTERS is one of my favorites too. I can't see her in this role at all and really wonder that she would be interested, but then she did pitch shoes, didn't she?

jazzcat
07-05-2006, 05:51 PM
NOOOOO!

Logan
07-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I have never watched "The View" before, I don't think. I was aware of it and I have always been a fan of Barbara Walters (you have to respect how long she has been in this business and how successful she has been.....and good grief, she looks so good for 70 something years old) and of Meredith Vieira, but the others, I don't even know! I remember planning to tape the show one time because my cousin, Nancy O'Dell, was going to be on it, but I missed it, and I think Rachel had to fill me in on what happened. :o

I tape Oprah and Martha Stewart on my DVR, every day, but I don't usually watch all the shows as there is no time.

Goodbye Star! Whoever you are!

elizabethann
07-05-2006, 07:56 PM
From NY Daily News:

So far, Jones Reynolds' employment future is unclear. But starting July 10, she'll host the already-taped week-long HGTV series "House Hunters NYC," in which folks are helped in their search for a place to live.

Daisy and Delilah
07-05-2006, 10:11 PM
It's one of my favorite shows too. Star Jones on HGTV??? What next? It's like oil and water :(

Rachel
07-06-2006, 05:55 AM
They were discussing Star Jones on Scarbough Country last night. They indicated she has a web site www.starjones.com and she is telling people how to exactly how to contact ABC with their comments and *complaints*. Out of curiousity I went there.... D I V A to the nth degree!

In no way is she going to be content with being the host of House Hunters. I may need to find a Suzanne Whang website. She is the one who will get my support.

Pam
07-06-2006, 06:09 AM
I may need to find a Suzanne Whang website. She is the one who will get my support.

I think Suzanne Whang has done an excellent job. I wonder why the change at HGTV. :confused: Looking at the wording in the newspaper article, maybe there will now be a separate NYC edition. If that is the case, I will just avoid that particular show. It could be that HGTV is going to have two separate House Hunter shows like they have just started to do with Designed to Sell. I believe the new DTS is only filmed in Chicago. The hosts of the additional DTS show are not nearly as abrasive to me as Starr would be on HH but my loyalties remain with Lisa and Clive. ;)

Logan
07-06-2006, 06:38 AM
You guys have captured my interest. What I read last night said that Star was doing a guest spot on House Hunters for a week. It didn't say anything about her permanently going there. Good grief, I hope she isn't. I like that show, too.

Access Hollywood (http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah796.shtml)

Rachel
07-06-2006, 08:54 AM
I do believe you are correct, Logan. This is what is posted on the Star Jones website.

*July 10-14, 2006

"HGTV"

Star to host "House Hunters"

HGTV spent a special week in New York City helping varied New Yorkers find their dream homes with a little help from Star.

Be sure to watch each night 10:00pm (Eastern/Pacific)

Check your local listings for the cable or satellite channel in your local area ..*

elizabethann
07-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I caught an episode of House Hunters last night in NYC with Starr Jones. It actually wasn't bad and she didn't bug me as much as I thought she would. It was a good show. And I just love NYC. The woman ended up with a cute apartment but I would have taken the second one with 3 bedrooms. :D

jazzcat
07-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I caught an episode of House Hunters last night in NYC with Starr Jones. It actually wasn't bad and she didn't bug me as much as I thought she would. It was a good show. And I just love NYC. The woman ended up with a cute apartment but I would have taken the second one with 3 bedrooms. :D
My Tivo recorded it last night and I watched it late while up sick :rolleyes:. Anyway, She didn't bother me too bad but I don't think she has a good voice for it. She was very boring. She needs to put a little expression into her voice to keep it interesting. Oh well, I don't really listen to what they say, I just love to see the homes.

That lady sure got a much nicer apartment. I don't see how she lived in that other place with two cats for 8 years. :eek: Did you notice how fat her cats were? Maybe now that they have room to run they'll lose some weight. ;)

elizabethann
07-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Did you notice how fat her cats were? Maybe now that they have room to run they'll lose some weight. ;)

LOL. That's the first thing that came out of my mouth - what fat cats and perhaps they'll lose weight when they run around the apartment! LOL. :D

Catsnclay
07-11-2006, 02:53 PM
They were discussing Star Jones on Scarbough Country last night. They indicated she has a web site www.starjones.com and she is telling people how to exactly how to contact ABC with their comments and *complaints*. Out of curiousity I went there.... D I V A to the nth degree!

[/I] support.

Ok, this got my curiosity up, so I went there, but you can't get into her site unless you log in!! I'm NOT giving her my e-mail addy so she can send me spam, er diva e-mail! :eek: :mad:

I'll bet her site is all about her, how great she is etc. (makes me sick)

She kind of reminds me of Omorosa (sp?) from "The Aprentice" she is trying to keep her "star" from fading........Donald Trump, there is another one that makes me sick. Glad they are all in NY. You think New York is big enough for all those ego's there???!!! :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Did I hear this right? Rosie O'Donnell's contract was not renewed, so she's leaving "The View"?

ParNone
04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
She's going to come back from time to time to do specials and such, but she will no longer be a full time co-host. ABC wanted her to sign a 3yr deal for a certain amount of money and she only wanted to sign up for a year.

Guess I can start showing up on time for work again, unless they can find a replacement, who makes the hot topics section "must see tv" as she did. Whoopi comes to mind. :)

Par...

elizabethann
04-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Did I hear this right? Rosie O'Donnell's contract was not renewed, so she's leaving "The View"?

Thank God!

Pam
04-26-2007, 08:07 AM
ABC wanted her to sign a 3yr deal for a certain amount of money and she only wanted to sign up for a year.

I think that is the story they are presenting but I really doubt it is the truth. She has been a liability for that show for a long time now. I bet someone just said enough is enough.