06-28-2006, 08:16 PM
How stupid.

:rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
It's the thought that counts..

bckrazy
06-28-2006, 10:42 PM
That's so messed up. Who cares, seriously? No women are being forced into participating, nothing is illegal, and they aren't getting paid and are obviously doing it for fun & to raise money for homeless animals. I think it's more degrading to women to not even allow them to participate in a fundraiser in any way that they want, as long as it's legal.

My sister has been in bikini contests, because a lady she works for (at a cafe) holds them all the time, and she has won $10,000 prizes. Showing off a body she works very hard for and winning money is so degrading... :rolleyes:

IRescue452
06-29-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm not offended. If it gets people, guys especially, to realize that neutering is good for pets then I'm all for it.

elizabethann
06-29-2006, 07:14 AM
That's so messed up. Who cares, seriously? No women are being forced into participating, nothing is illegal, and they aren't getting paid and are obviously doing it for fun & to raise money for homeless animals. I think it's more degrading to women to not even allow them to participate in a fundraiser in any way that they want, as long as it's legal.

My sister has been in bikini contests, because a lady she works for (at a cafe) holds them all the time, and she has won $10,000 prizes. Showing off a body she works very hard for and winning money is so degrading... :rolleyes:

Shoot, if I had the body, I'd enter them too.

This fundraiser would probably have made allot of money.

Vela
06-29-2006, 07:44 AM
That's just stupid. Who is that lady or anyone else to tell someone they can't hold a biknini contest to help pets because SHE feels its degrading. The women aren't forced and it's a shame that their desire to help was turned away by snooty people. I am not a big fan of those types of things myself, but I don't have to be, doesn't give me the right to tell them they shouldn't do it. How stupid. I love how some people's feel their opinions are more important than anyone elses.