PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Animal control needs your help!!! please read and cross post

doolittleky
06-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Cross-posted..

Philadelphia Animal Control is overrun with cats and kittens...over 2000 have come in over the past few weeks and the pound simply does not have enough room for them. There are newborns with mamma and some babies without a momma cat that need to be hand raised. Right now they need about 500 more foster homes and they are adopting out the kittens for $1.00.

I'm going to foster a few of them and I'm hoping if any of you know people in the Philadelphia or New Jersey area who can help, please do so OR if some of you can cross post in other forums, maybe we can reduce the numbers. Last year 9,000 cats and kittens were euthanized due to lack of space.

Philadelphia Animal Control's number is: 1-215-685-9040. If you can't help, please keep these little ones in your thoughts and hope for the best. If you CAN help, you know the reward will be great.

Thanks!
Marie

catmandu
06-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I pray that as many of those Poor Cats and Kittens can be saved as possible.
Sadly there are so many unwanted and uncared for Pets, even the Animal Welfare is helpless.
I wish people who grow up, and take responsilbilty for thier Pets.

CultureJunky
06-29-2006, 04:24 AM
Good Luck Marie on the ones you foster, and I hope and pray the cats will all find homes. 2000 is just an ubelievable number. And 9000 killed just makes me want to cry, that's so sad. The sheer numbers and mind boggling.
WHY do people not neuter thier cats! :mad: God it makes me so so angry.
Another one of my fantasies if I won the lottery would be to set up a local scheme to offer free mobile neutering to people who have cats and dogs.
It's just madness. It's like they think that having a cat it doesn't matter if it has kittens and they will take care of themselves. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: