PDA

View Full Version : Catch The Fly

Former User
05-15-2002, 12:40 PM
We had to have windows open all day because they were painted. Now there's some flies flying around here. My husband got rid of few of them, but there's still few flying around. Casper and Kitty are having time of their lives chasing them. I wish you could see them, as it is so hilarious when they jump up and down, and then look at their paws thinking, "bummer, didn't get it" and jump again.:D It's very entertaining to watch, and good exercise for the cats, as they run from place to place while chasing the flies. I don't think we will be kissing C & K for a while though...Not too fond of fly flavoured kiss! :rolleyes:

ramanth
05-15-2002, 12:42 PM
We still have an infestation of those mock lady bugs in our house and the cats have a grand ole' time chasing those. *laughs*

It is hilarious to see them jump after them. What I think is great is when they spot them on the ceiling.... and they stalk and prowl the progress from the floor. :D

Nomilynn
05-15-2002, 01:05 PM
One time I had one of those huge flies in here, and Bassett had been follwing it with her eyes. Suddenly, she jumped up and .... THE BUZZING STOPPED!! :eek: She had pierced that little sucker right out of the air with her claw! My boyfriend and I were extremely impressed :D

Former User
05-15-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
One time I had one of those huge flies in here, and Bassett had been follwing it with her eyes. Suddenly, she jumped up and .... THE BUZZING STOPPED!! :eek: She had pierced that little sucker right out of the air with her claw! My boyfriend and I were extremely impressed :D

WOW!! :eek: I'm impressed too!

sirocco
05-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Since Sirocco first and Neelix recentely have been with me, life and household are free from bugs :D :D
Siro prefers catching cockroachs and spiders, and no one can beat Neelix at pursuing moths and flies - he really gets rid of them. Sooooo funny!!!!!! Good exercise, too ;)

Nita

tuxluvr
05-15-2002, 01:17 PM
Ritzy is also an accomplished fly catcher...she also chases the ladybugs, but the flies, they get nailed and (blech) eaten....when she is on a fly watch, there is no stopping or interrupting her, she's a kitty on a mission!

Once, there was one buzzing around my bathroom mirror light, Ritz was eyeing it from the floor pacing furiously because she couldn't get to it. I picked her up and held her (front paws free) and she NAILED it first time....

No pesticides required!

Former User
05-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Great stories! Do your cats do that chatter, talking thingy to those flies? Kitty just was talking to one fly before she nailed it:rolleyes: sounded so funny!

Ann
05-15-2002, 01:57 PM
Titti used to chase flies all the time, she loved that so much.

Oliver does that wierd chatter thing when I play with the laser or other lights.

NoahsMommy
05-15-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Great stories! Do your cats do that chatter, talking thingy to those flies? Kitty just was talking to one fly before she nailed it:rolleyes: sounded so funny!

Niina,

Yes! Noel chatters! She does the same noise chasing flies as she does when she's staring at the bird feeder!! It's so funny!!

I LOVE my little exterminators! I hate bugs....ick!

Heather Wallace
05-15-2002, 02:33 PM
This is a horrible thought but Tatty eats just about any insect that he can get his paws on!:eek: :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-15-2002, 03:30 PM
My boys love bugs too. Spiders are a favorite. Luke especially loves the ones with the thin long legs. I call them daddy long legs. He smacks his lips like he's just eaten fried chicken after munching one of them. Ewwww!!!:eek:

sasvermont
05-15-2002, 03:31 PM
My guys eat flies all summer long. It makes me sick. I live near two farms and so we have flies on the porch all the time. They (the flies) squeeze in between the framework and then the cats GET THEM. Sometimes I will come home from work, only to find a pile of half digested flies.......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wolflady
05-15-2002, 04:13 PM
LOL LOL the cat chatter sounds so funny! Mine do it at just about anything that moves. Birds, bugs, other cats......whatever is outside that they can't get at! :rolleyes:
We have little exterminators too! It's like a game of fun for them, as they pounce on the moving bugs/spiders and play with them to death. Back in Indiana, they never had a problem after eating the bugs...YUK! I would find legs of dismembered unfortunate bugs that met up with the force of Marius's big mouth! :eek:
But here in CA, I don't like it when he eats the bugs, because most of them make him puke. Weird, huh??!! So, now I have to watch carefully when he starts going after stuff (and it's not a red laser beam), because I don't want him eating anything weird. :eek:

Pam
05-15-2002, 04:33 PM
It's been fun reading about everyone's furry exterminators! My two are no different. Sometimes on a summer night when some tiny bug has made its way into the house and is either crawling or walking way high up on the ceiling Trevor will start that chattering. His eyesight amazes me. I have to go put my glasses on to see what the fuss is about! LOL! Then in the fall, sometimes we get crickets in the basement. They live very short lives down there, though, because my boys think they are toys and wind up killing them. I often find a cricket leg, head, or torso scattered all around! :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Luckily I don't get very many bugs in my house but when I do Storm will usually alert me by meowing. He loves to catch spiders but I usually kill them before he has a chance to. Pepper loves to catch and eat flies. I'm not sure about Sunny yet. Storm and Pepper chatter at birds but not bugs.

05-16-2002, 02:25 AM
Sydney chatters at anything that passes through "his" garden !!He also tries to catch flies even if they are on the outside of the window !! LOL . If he spots a bug on the floor , he stalks it first and when he has enough of this , he eats it ... . yuch .........
:rolleyes: :eek:
The worst is that he does not digest flies ..........:mad: :eek: