PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July plans?

luvofallhorses
06-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I know this is a little early. ;)

I am walking a dog from the shelter where I volunteer for the 4th of July parade..I really hope whoever I walk that someone falls in love with them.

we will probably barbecue some food in the middle of the day like we usually do and then go to the fireworks show and light fireworks up there. :)

so.. what are your 4th of July plans?

Chilli
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Staying home with mum, dad, sister, BIL, and inviting a few friends over. My BIL has a TON of fireworks (he helped last year with a tent... it rained unexpectantly, and alot of stuff was ruined, and after the owner salvaged what he thought was good, the people helping got to get anything left for free.) We have anything you can think of, basically. Its all worth well over $200. :D
During the day we'll have bottle-rocket wars (dangerous, but fun^^!)
And then mess around with any other fireworks that do okay during the day.
Don't worry, none of the animals are allowed outside when we're being reckless... actually, they're not allowed outside at all if fireworks are in use...

We're actually celebrating on the 5th by going on a big float trip down a river. I'd rather canoe, though. :o

Hope everyone has a funner time than I, and hopefully everyone will stay safe!

Karen
06-27-2006, 10:22 PM
We're all - including Lady's Human and family - gathering at my sister's house for a party that day, then I'll go to our town's fireworks that night.

PinkSunshine
06-27-2006, 10:36 PM
I work until 10:30pm on the 4th :rolleyes:

Totally sucks too because this'll be the first year my husband & I don't get to go watch the fireworks

Pembroke_Corgi
06-28-2006, 07:20 AM
We'll have just moved into our new house in Denver, so we'll probably go see some fireworks! My mom and my brother are coming out to help us move so we can all go together. :)

sirrahbed
06-28-2006, 08:22 AM
The 4th is a fun day at the sirrah house I think....

It is the birthday of my daughter-in-love Chris (chrangharris) and she grew up thinking that the fireworks were in honor of her day :D So, now hubby sets up a little shelter in our backyard and we have a BBQ as her birthday party - this year it will be brats on the grill.

Our little town still has a nifty hometown parade, so we will start the day watching that - claim a space on the main street and enjoy all of the clowns, band, dancers and floats that local businesses create.

Then we will come back to our house and have our BBQ. It is a fun family day for sirrahbed, sirrahned, chrangharris and my son, granddaughter Misha and persianmom. :) They will go to the bigger city fireworks that night.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-28-2006, 08:27 AM
going to be meeting a whole new bunch of friends in person!!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=69470

king2005
06-28-2006, 09:17 AM
I'll be going to work, then doing my final Drivers test YAY!

k9krazee
06-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Working :mad: From 5-10:30 pm. My dad is helping do the fireworks again this year for our city, and I'll miss it :(

kuhio98
06-28-2006, 09:19 AM
I'll be working. Since I work as a contractor for BP (British Petroleum), July 4th is not exactly a wild celebration. Instead of Independence Day, some of my co-workers call it Insurrection Day. :p

petslover
06-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Sunday, we are cooking out with the family.

Then Monday I might go to a local racing that they are having for the 4th..

Then Tuesday I am going to the festival here in town that has fireworks, music by Saving Jane & Ingram Hill.. It should be fun.

lv4dogs
06-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Joe, I & the dogs are going camping for 4 days! We are bringing all the dogs, that is if Nanook is still doing ok & they are not calling for a lot of rain.

ramanth
06-28-2006, 10:01 AM
I'll be on my Honeymoon!! :D ;) :cool:

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
I'll be on my Honeymoon!! :D ;) :cool:

Wow, that will be a very special 4th of July for you!! CONGRATS!!

Lizzie
06-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Since I'm a Brit living in the U.S., I keep very quiet ;)

I've never much liked fireworks, finding them either boring or too noisy, so I won't be a fireworks watcher. After the neighborhood quietens down, sometime in the early hours of the morning, I'll walk up onto the road and check that there are no smoldering rockets on the roof.

What will be great fun is introducing three kittens to my rambunctious feline crew. That is going to take up a lot of my time.

moosmom
06-28-2006, 10:35 AM
I've never been a big fan of fireworks. But since I'll be by myself on the 4th, I was thinking about going to the dock where I scattered my Dad's and his cat, Tigger's ashes and watching the fireworks in New Haven Harbor. Perfect spot where no one even knows you're there.

JALB
06-28-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm not exactly sure, but we will probably go to the store and buy cookies & ice cream, then we will go to the duck pond to watch the fireworks! :D :D :D (last year when we did that the sprinklers turned on while we were watching the fireworks.)

CalliesMom
06-28-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm not quite sure but we'll probably barbeque and swim in the pool. My husband's family is out so at least it won't be just the two of us.

mustlovedogs
06-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I bet that we will go to my grandma's cottage out on Lake Michigan and spend the day there (but I'm not sure!) and July 5th is my b-day! (and my first All-Star game!) :D

luvofallhorses
06-28-2006, 12:15 PM
I bet that we will go to my grandma's cottage out on Lake Michigan and spend the day there (but I'm not sure!) and July 5th is my b-day! (and my first All-Star game!) :D

happy early bday! :D

mustlovedogs
06-28-2006, 12:17 PM
happy early bday! :D

Aww, thanks Krista! :D

Alysser
06-28-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure where I'm going. We had a vacation planned for the planned for the 4th but we had to make it for the 16th of July. I think my dad will be working. :(