PDA

View Full Version : Cosmo Mistook Me For A Scratching Post

elizabethann
06-27-2006, 08:29 PM
So I'm sitting here typing on my computer when OUCH! Cosmo mistook my back as a scratching post! First he scared the bajesus out of me and now my back is scratched up.

Has your cats ever done that?

I even asked him "do I look like a scratching post?" and he looked at me as if to say, "why yes you do".

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/CosmoMaxie/beth118.jpg

catlover4ever
06-28-2006, 07:34 AM
OUCH, oh yes, almost on a daily basis when it comes to Gracie. She loves to climb my legs when she wants attention...of course I have to give in or suffer the pain.

Hope your back is not too badly scratched up.

catmandu
06-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Once In A While The Kitten Trio Will Try To Paly With My Feet.
I Am Diabetic And I Have To Stop Them As I Have No Feeling There, And They Dont Heal Very Well,
And I Hate To mAke Them Stop.
Your Cosmo Is Certainly One Very Beautiful Cosmic Cat.

moosmom
06-28-2006, 11:24 AM
My cat Maya Linn does that. I'll be sitting on the futon and she'll come up and treat my leg like a scratching post, then look at me like, "Whaaaat????"

jazzcat
06-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Oh Cosmo you cutie, I was looking at your picture and hubby thought it was one of my Ripley. You look amazingly alike.

In the winter when I wear sweat pants Rumor and Rocky like to use my legs as scratching posts. I've learned to buy really thick sweats!

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2006, 03:26 AM
Ouch! That must have been a bit of a shock. My mum's cat used to do things like that when he was a kitten, try to climb up your leg while you were putting his food out or washing your face, that kind of thing. He did once jump up on my back and try to climb up to get to the aerial bit at the top of the phone I was holding at the time. Wee fiend.