PDA

View Full Version : >_< I want another bettaaa... *MEET CABARET & ARIEL*

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 11:11 AM
After almost adopting Akela last night, I realized how much I want another betta. :o So.. they're only $1.99 at Petsmart, and I'm sure I could come up with the money for a new tank. So now all I have left to do is convince my mom. This is basically a pointless post, just me ranting on how I want another betta.
Read my latest post! :)

Miss Z
06-27-2006, 11:25 AM
I hope you get one, I know how difficult it can be to convince mums sometimes ;)

BCollie_Kelly
06-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I'd love to get a betta, but with my parents its a no-go. Good luck convincing them!

Zippy
06-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Hope you can get another.I want another too but it will be some months before Nemo has a friend(in a tank beside him)

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Okay, so I went to Petsmart and instantly fell in love with a little girl. She's like an aquamarine color, and I have named her Melody. They also had this display set up. It was a divided tank with a male and a female in it. The male was red, and he looked like a CT, but turns out he wasn't :eek:. His fins were damaged so bad that they made him look like a CT. So of course I felt obligated to rescue him, and I did. :p His name is Caberet (cah-buh-ray). So instead of one betta, I ended up with 2 :D.

Husky_mom
06-27-2006, 02:09 PM
and the pics are........???...........where?? great two mores additions to the betta crew :D

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 02:16 PM
and the pics are........???...........where?? great two mores additions to the betta crew :D
I don't have any :(. I can't take any either..

Uabassoon
06-27-2006, 02:17 PM
His name is Caberet (cah-buh-ray) after the wine, since his color pretty much is the color of that.

Cabernet is the wine.

Cabaret is a performance that usually has singing and dancing usually perfomed in a nightclub.

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Cabernet is the wine.

Cabaret is a performance that usually has singing and dancing usually perfomed in a nightclub.
Well my mom told me that, :p. Cabaret still fits him. :D

Flatcoatluver
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Wait so now you have 5?? Congrats on the two new additions!!! How big is the divinder that there in?

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Wait so now you have 5?? Congrats on the two new additions!!! How big is the divinder that there in?
That was at the store..

Thank you everyone.. :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 04:01 PM
:(
Could you guys please say some prayers for Cabaret? I don't know if he's going to make it. He's pretty lifeless, and I'm really worried about him.

Zippy
06-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Caberet will be in my prayers.
Congrats on your new bettas love the females name Melody :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Caberet will be in my prayers.
Congrats on your new bettas love the females name Melody :)
It's yet another Little Mermaid name :p. I went off of the Disney/Little Mermaid theme for Cabaret because he's a special boy.

Chilli
06-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Congrats on the two new additions!
And I'll keep Cabaret in my thoughts. When I first got Clyde (my SD), his tail was so bad that he also looked like a CT... but he's been healing nicely (though he still isn't fully healed).
Do you use any kind of heater for your tanks? And do you have any way to check the temperature? When my sister's former-betta almost died, a little aquarium salt, and bumping up the temperature a bit did the trick.
Good luck!

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Congrats on the two new additions!
And I'll keep Cabaret in my thoughts. When I first got Clyde (my SD), his tail was so bad that he also looked like a CT... but he's been healing nicely (though he still isn't fully healed).
Do you use any kind of heater for your tanks? And do you have any way to check the temperature? When my sister's former-betta almost died, a little aquarium salt, and bumping up the temperature a bit did the trick.
Good luck!
Nope, no heaters. Our house is a pretty good temp, so I don't feel the need to. I guess I should buy some Aquarium salt then. Right now I'm using Melafix, because it helped the rest of the bettas fin problems.

Roxyluvsme13
06-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Cabaret seems to be doing better. I'm treating him with Melafix until I can get some Aquarium salt. Yesterday at the store, they had a gorgeous Crowntail. I didn't have enough money with me though, so today we're going back to see if he's still there :D. If not, I'll probably end up with another rescue.