PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to do?

Argranade
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
My computer keeps having all the Virus protector pop ups and my home page os even a virus protector site http://www.syssecuritysite.com/ and its so anoying I had Mcafee protecting my computer but now my computer keeps wanting more Virus Protector's? I cant even have pet talk as my home page.

Is there a site that I can download a good virus protector for free because I think my Mcafee is over I dowloaded it from a disc. :confused:

Laura's Babies
06-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Avast.com has a great free one that I have had about a year now and not had the first problem with it. A deputy sherriff told me about it and said the whole department uses it... Good enough for them it is good enough for me... They make their money selling it to the businesses..

DrKym
06-27-2006, 10:50 AM
I swear by stop sign www.stop-sign.com wonderful inexpensive and since hubby is a comp programmer I tend to floow his advice there :p *follow his advice LOL

Roxyluvsme13
06-27-2006, 11:01 AM
I use AVG http://avgfree.com (i think)

mrspunkysmom
06-27-2006, 11:10 AM
It sounds like some adware was downloaded onto your computer. You need 'spybot search and destroy' or Zone alarm or both. There are others out there.

Also try getting google popup blocker or activate the Windows pop-up blocker.

I use Norton myself, but have been considering AVG. Norton is memery intensive and slows lown computer performance.

Anne

king2005
06-27-2006, 11:35 AM
I tried Stop Sign & it murdered my PC!! It uses so much ram, its not funny!
I like Avast so far.. its caught a lot of things all on its own *hugs it*.. Also Anti Vir is great!(its also free).. I would use AntiVir however I'm running a different kind of XP, so it cannot run on my PC :(

smokey the elder
06-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Sounds like you have spyware. Ad-Aware and Spybot search and destroy have worked well for me. Mozilla Firefox has a good popup blocker, too.

RedHedd
06-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Ditto what everyone else has said. Sounds like some spyware. Do an Ad Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy scan (after making sure you have the latest definitions). As for free virus protection, I've heard good things about AVG free. Also, make sure you use a firewall when surfing the net.