PDA

View Full Version : Mittens... Anyone Able To Foster??

manda_moo87
06-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone, long time no talk.

I didn't know where else to turn but to Pet Talk for this. Tonight I was browsing the local SPCA's website when I suddenly came across a picture of a beautiful grey and white cat named Mittens. My jaw nearly dropped when I saw her... I KNEW HER!!! About 6 years ago there was a girl in my class I was friends with, we were friends for a couple years... anyways she had this kitten named Mittens, I absolutely adored her. I always said I wanted to take her home with me whenever I was over visiting.

I know the family had problems, her parents divorsed about 4 years ago and she dropped out of high school and moved out and then we lost touch. So I guess they gave up Mittens recently... I have always adored Mittens and missed her, she won my heart the first time I saw her. At this point in time we can't take on another cat, it would be too stressful on Squeekers... otherwise my Mom said we would.

I am planning on moving out next April or sooner with a friend or two. Mom already has told me I can't take Misty or Squeekers with me, my Grandma and Mom wouldn't be able to survive without them. So my friends and I were planning on getting a couple cats... I don't know if anyone could... but I am wondering if anyone might be able to foster her until next spring. I know its a HUGE favor to ask... but I am desperate... I of course would pay for the food, etc.

Maybe I'm just being selfish wanting her... but I have always loved this cat, and I feel that maybe fate has brought us back together again. I don't know. I'm going to go up to the SPCA either tomorrow or Wednesday to see her.

I'm located on Vancouver Island (near Victoria), British Columbia (Canada)... so if anyone in the Northwest is at all interested or knows of anyone who may be able to help PLEASE contact me.

Here she is now...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/manda_87/mittens.jpg

and these are the pictures I have from when she was about 6 months old...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/manda_87/Mittens-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/manda_87/Mittens-2.jpg

jenluckenbach
06-27-2006, 05:03 AM
Good luck finding a foster for her.

Laura's Babies
06-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Sounds like fate brought the two of you together again, have you been to see her? See if they can help you out with a foster for Mittens. Isn't there some way you could get her without streeing out Squeekers, like keeping her in your room only or something? I wish I could help....

Catty1
06-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes - sometimes the SPCA have fosters already - ask!

Good luck - she is GORGEOUS!

hugs
Catty1

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Yes - sometimes the SPCA have fosters already - ask!

Great advize! She is gorgeous! In fact she looks a lot like miss Edwina!!

manda_moo87
06-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone, as soon as I can get down to the SPCA to see her, I'll ask them if they have any foster families. *Paws Crossed* :(

catmandu
06-27-2006, 05:11 PM
If I was closer we would take her in at The Found Cat Hotel, no questions asked.
Shes a great Cat, and would fit in so well here.

manda_moo87
06-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Thank you Gary... that is very sweet of you, how I wish you lived closer!