PDA

View Full Version : I saw the starngest Mix yesterday lol PIC!

cali
06-26-2006, 11:25 PM
ok yesterday my mom and I were in moosjaw for an Agility fun match, and while Iwas there I saw a lady walking around with what looked like a German shepherd mixed with a fox! the lady said the dog is a 9 month old german shepherd X Shiba Inu... but this dogs head really got me here is a pic of a red fox:

http://www.northern.org/artman/publish/images/13-red-fox.jpg

the head on that fox, like the shape and muzzle length and width, is dead on identical to the mix I met, but a Shibas muzzle is more short and blund and a GSDs muzzle is long and blunt, neither one has a very narrow snippy muzzle!

the attached pic of the dog is not very good, it was taken from so far away you cant really see anythig but the dogs body,where the shepherd is obvious lol I wish I has a pic where you could better see her head! even the dogs ears were like the foxes above! the angle at which the picture is taken makes the dogs head look a lot wider and GSDish then it actually is, her head is RL look absolutly zip like a GSD lol

Dorothy39
06-27-2006, 06:13 AM
Hi Cali.

I sure did like the picture of the Red Fox!!!

The German Shepard Dog mix does resemble the same build. I wish I could have seen that dog~~~

Vette
06-27-2006, 08:03 AM
What the....

that is rather odd.. but maybe the dog only looks like that becasue of the way he or she was standing?

cyber-sibes
06-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Sounds like an intersting mix! Shibas are rather foxy looking anyway. This dog didn't get their fox-red coat, though. Her markings definitely look GSD. How big was she?

cali
06-27-2006, 12:23 PM
no I saw the dog right up close, I talked to the lady when she brought her dog over to meet Misty and Perky, thats how I know she is a GSD/Shiba Inu lol size? ummm she was about the same size at Misty, so 18" at the whithers.

Suki Wingy
06-27-2006, 01:55 PM
her ears are a lot more shepherd-ish because a shiba's are small and forward facing.
http://www.breedersonline.co.uk/dog/pics/japanese_shiba_inu.JPG

zoomer
06-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow, that is a weird mix! You are definetly right, he does look like he has fox in him.