PDA

View Full Version : Just a story

DrKym
06-26-2006, 05:12 PM
We all love our animals and we all know deep down ours are better than everyones! (kind of like our kids are !) I for one love hearing about everyones amzing and wonderful critters and am so happy to see so many lives blessed both furlives and ppl ones., But I want to relate that even having my own share of wonderful stories and agonozing ones that sometimes one happens that just makes you realize what a lucky human you are. Last night at about 2 am Goofy began barking and being a painful songstress in her crate (now understand although yelling in her crate is a bit odd we also know she is prone to bark and whine if she thinks she heard the wind or the sun was shining) Jasper and I rolled over and started to fall back off to sleep, when Rusty the amazing Felon let out a real bark for the first time , not a play bark not a timis i think I should bark at the doorbell bark but a real I am a big dog listen up bark. Soooo Jas and I rolled out of bed to see what was up first thing we saw was smoke in front of street window in the bedroom we both looked and their was a van on fire directly below our bedroom! no smell yet just smoke and flames, I called 911 Jasper went and woke up our son and our houseguest and we got the dogs kittens and guineapigs out the back door and loaded into the car.
The police arrived quickly and the fire Dept shortly after that.we are all safe and fine, and no damage to the exterior , rumour has it that there was a person in the van and that the amount of drugs found will be substanstial, the point of this is to say all we wanted was a friend and a companion for Goofy and for us, what we got were two furbrats that at least to me and the responding Alton Il Officer are heroes, I shudder to think what could have happened if the van had blown up as the police feared. My neighbor and our family are very proud and humbled by these 2. We will keep you posted as to if there was somenone in the van and how much and what type of drugs were found as we find out more also. :D

Queen of Poop
06-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Yay!!! Everyone is safe. Good doggies barking and waking up the family. Woo hoo. I never ignore a bark in the night, cause you never know what it will or might be. Congrats doggies, job well done.

Laura's Babies
06-26-2006, 06:33 PM
I would be forever grateful to Goofy. He could have very well saved your lives and at the least, alerted you to immediate danger. He deserves extra treats and a lot of attention for that!

WAY TO GO GOOFY! Our hero of the day!

moosmom
06-26-2006, 07:07 PM
And they say animals are dumb!!! So glad you and yours got out safely. I think a nice, thick juicy steak is in order.