PDA

View Full Version : Tucker's getting neutered today!

dappledoxie
06-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Please keep him in your thoughts, I miss my little guy already. He was 19.3lbs today when we weighed him. I know he was about to starve too! I had to take up his food at 8pm last night, he was not a happy camper this morning with no food to eat for breakfast.

My vet is going to have to go in there and retrieve his 'fellas' and I'm notifying his breeder because it can be a genetic trait when that happens, especially if both don't drop by this age. My poor guy. I'm also getting her to check his teeth because I'm afraid he's broken a couple of his puppy teeth and they don't seem to be coming out, I noticed them over the weekend. He also seems to be retaining his cainines, they haven't come out yet and they aren't loose at all but it may take a while longer for them to fall out.

Tucker also grew one of his dew claws back but I'm going to let him keep it, lol. I figure if it grew back it deserves to stay. :) Hopefully it won't give him trouble in the future, I've been lucky that none of my other dogs have had any problems but I've seen what could happen.

Anywho, just send good thoughts to the Tuck man as he'll be staying overnight since the surgery will be similar to a spay instead of a neuter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/brandyblue/June%202006/100_0676.jpg
TuckTuck

lv4dogs
06-26-2006, 10:33 AM
I am sure all will be fine but he's in my thoughts all day anyways! :D

How old is he now? Puppies grop up way too fast don't they. ;)

k9krazee
06-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Awww, Tucker, we'll be thinking of you today!

BCollie_Kelly
06-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Aww Tucker will also be in my thoughts today!

dappledoxie
06-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks everyone!

Tucker is almost 5 1/2 months old, a few more days and he's 5 1/2. :)

cloverfdx
06-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Good vibes on the way for your little man. Be a good boy Tucker.

luvofallhorses
06-26-2006, 10:57 AM
he'll be fine. :) ((hugs)) he's such a cutie! :D

dappledoxie
06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks! :D

RobiLee
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Thinking of Tucker and sending out good thoughts! Let us know when he is home safe and sound.

dab_20
06-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Good Luck to Tucker... I'll be thinking of him today. :)

Dorothy39
06-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Awe!!! Tucker is so SWEET!! I will have him in my thoughts today, poor baby.

Please give us an up-date on him.

dappledoxie
06-26-2006, 02:03 PM
UPDATE:: My vet's receptionist just called and told me Tucker was waking up and doing good. :) She said one of his canines is loose and about to fall out so hopefully it's just taking longer for them to go. He'll be home tomorrow evening. :)

luvofallhorses
06-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm glad it went well! :D Give him a hug for me when he gets home, please. :)

pitc9
06-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear he's doing good!

Zippy
06-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Happy Tucker is doing well.

zoomer
06-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Aww Tuck, you'll be in my thoughts! :)

My Peanuts
06-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Glad to hear Tucker is doing well. They are keeping him that long? We bring our guys in the morning and pick them up @ 4:00pm the same day. Different vets have different guidelines, I guess. :)

bckrazy
06-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Aww Tucker :) You'll be fine, little guy. Make sure your Mommy gives you lots of good food once you come home!

I hope he's ok... it's good that you're taking care of his little problem now. I can't believe how much he looks like Fozzie now! They're growing at almost the exact same rate, too. I'll be so, so nervous when Fozzie gets snipped (in August!) but there's usually nothing to worry about.

Diana, I believe Tucker's testicle(s) have not descended, so it's a bit trickier to do the neuter; which is why Tuck has to stay a little bit longer.

Dorothy39
06-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh, I am so glad that someone called you and gave you some good news.

Oh-- He looks so sweet. I bet you just can't wait to get you hands on him again.

Little Baby Tucker!!!! We Love You Dear. Thank-You for taking time to post that great up-date !!!!!!!

chocolatepuppy
06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm glad to hear Tucker did ok Brandy. He'll be home before you know it. :)

cyber-sibes
06-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Good thoughts going your way, little man!
Wow, he already looks so different in his picture - now you can tell he's a Corgi!

LoudLou
06-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Hey Tucker!

Heard you were gettin' Tutored today It's not so bad.... and you get lots of love an treats when ya get home!

LOUD Louie

Daisy and Delilah
06-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Hugs and kisses Tucker!! :)

zoey
06-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Here's to continuing good health and a speed recovery. :)
Thinking of you, Tucker.

anna_66
06-27-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm glad to hear that everything went well with the surgery!

I bet both him and you can't wait till he gets back home:D

Pembroke_Corgi
06-27-2006, 08:19 AM
I hope everything goes smoothly with Tucker's operation. He'll be so happy to get back home! :D I bet he will have forgotten all about you "starving" him. ;) :D

dappledoxie
06-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks so much everyone! :D I can't wait to see him, he's going to be sooo happy :D Yeah, it can be more difficult than just the normal neuter and it costs as much as a spay. They offerred to let me take him home but said he would need to stay somewhere calm and quite and it's too hard to keep him from wanting to play with the other dogs so I decided to just let him stay overnight. He's going to get lots of kisses and treats that's for sure :D

Ginger's Mom
06-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah, lots of kisses and treats. :) I am sure Claire and Rebel will be glad to have him home, too. Glad to hear he is doing well.

dappledoxie
06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Another update on TuckTuck!

I just called to let them know I'll be there around 5 and she said that her niece is back there feeding him one piece of food at a time and he's so happy but he won't go potty for them, she said he'll just stare at them when they take him out. She said it's probably just because he wants to go home but if he won't go at home either to let them know.

I just thought it was so cute that her niece has spent like the whole day with him, she said he is just delighted to have her attention. :D :D

Dorothy39
06-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Reading your latest post about Tucker was sensational.

I am so happy that he has you.

How is Molly doing?

You sure are a sensational MOM to these doggies!!!!

Tucker will be alright, he has you, and that is all he really needs.!!!

Give him a big hug from us :)

dappledoxie
06-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks Dorothy! That makes me smile so big! :) I appreciate that a lot. :) Tucker's here at work with me now, he is loving these ear rubs! I wish I had treats for him though, I meant to bring some with me at lunch. He has two incisions, I'll take a few pictures and post them, just in case anyone may want to take a peek at them.

PinkSunshine
06-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Awwww so glad to hear everything went fine with Tucker.... He's such a cutie pie :D

dappledoxie
06-27-2006, 06:16 PM
We're home now :) Here's a picture, attatched, of his surgical incisions, just in case any of you were curious to see them, she had to make 2 incisions so she could find his "boys". She said they were towards his belly. He's doing great though, you wouldn't know anything happend to him. Except a bit of a hair cut. hehehe

*LabLoverKEB*
06-27-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm so happy to 'hear' that everything went well for mister Tucker! It looks like the stitches will heal up nicely. :)
Give him a treat for me! ;)

dappledoxie
06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm so happy to 'hear' that everything went well for mister Tucker! It looks like the stitches will heal up nicely. :)
Give him a treat for me! ;)

Thanks! Yep, the area looks really good, not too red at all. He's not licking it so that's nice.

KYS
06-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Rocky here! sending you dog to dog get well wishes.
I've been snipped too and don't miss a thing. ;)

My Peanuts
06-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Diana, I believe Tucker's testicle(s) have not descended, so it's a bit trickier to do the neuter; which is why Tuck has to stay a little bit longer.

Oh, that explains it. I must have missed that. Thanks :)

My Peanuts
06-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Glad to hear Tucker is home.

His stitches look just like Jimmy's did! Jimmy was neutered and then 4 days later he needed emergency bladder surgery for an unrelated problem. His stitches were in the exact same place.

dappledoxie
06-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone! Rebel's were farther down, he was cryptorchid too, but just one not both like Tucker.

Dorothy39
06-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I've seen Tucker, so many times on Pet Talk.

I can't believe I clicked onto the picture of his incision, as though he were related to me.

That dog sure loves you girl.!!! He feels so safe with you, allowing you to take a photo of him like that.

Take it easy Tucker, and Mom, you did good!!!!