PDA

View Full Version : Not such a good weekend for my son....

carole
06-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Well alot of you will know my son Scott is shifting to the big city the end of this week to start his new job and his new life with his girlfriend Amber.

He had some bad luck this weekend with his car, he purchased a nice nissan Maxima for 12.,000 dollars, a few months ago, of course obtaining a loan to do so, they are usually around 15 but he got it at the auctions, he had it all checked out before buying it ,mechanical wise, now i am not sure if he did something silly or what or made a mistake but he has stuffed the transmission on it, now this could be anything from a thousand to 3,000 dollars worth of damage,this is extremely unfortunate as money is tight, he has a new job to start monday, and needs his car for that, also he probably won't get paid for a couple of weeks and not sure on holiday pay from his last job as he was only there 8 months, he also has a trip already paid for(on his credit card) to Rarotonga in October,and to shift house then with Amber, she is tied into her lease where she is until then, so there is alot of expense ahead for him,with bonds and rent in advance, you all are familiar with that one i am sure.

It is the last thing he needed right now, they have said it will take at least a week to fix and are going to give him a courtesy car, he is very lucky to beable to get that believe me, so things are looking a bit better for him, he will know the real damage this afternoon, so please good thoughts and prayers may i request,and i am hoping that things will be not as bad as we first thought.

As i told him don't stress too much , you will get through this, just a tough lesson to learn,but S**t does happen to us all ,just a bit of a knockback to his new start.

Laura's Babies
06-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Was the car under any kind of warranty?

carole
06-27-2006, 06:31 PM
No, unfortunately, but there is bad and hopeful news, the bad news it is going to cost $3,200 way over what we were expecting, it is because it is a later model car, but we have contacted his insurance company, and they are going to assess it today hopefully, if it is found that Scott accidentally did this, which he did, he is not used to automatics and changed into wrong gear, is my understanding, then they will pay out, he will have a 750 excess and have his premium increased for one year by 655 but that works out way cheaper than paying the whole lot, less than half, so please fingers and paws crossed this happens, otherwise he is just going to be deeper in debt, at a very bad time, with his shift and new job and trip and then moving in October it is a stressful time financially.

He arrived home last night, feeling very despondent and angry at himself, on top of that he seems to have picked up my daughters cold virus, it is very nasty and I am worried about him as he is asthmatic, and it is a very chesty one and of course he starts his new job on Monday, it never rains but it pours doesn't it? :(