PDA

View Full Version : being protective.......

ashleycat
06-25-2006, 06:06 PM
With Charlies dominace beeing good lately he slipped and marked on me outside.

Well, past 2 days hes been protecting. I've never seen him this way except bark when the door bell sounds.

Last night a friend was over and her 18 month old was on couch and I was playing with her with a soft growl. Charlie kept trying to get in front of me and was growling mixed with a soft warning bite. I would stop. And do it again a few seconds later and he did it again.

Today, my own daughter 19 months, was crying just a couple feet from me. I tried to crawl to her to get her, but Charlie kept getting infront of me with a growl and soft warning bite. He would not let me near her. Till I stopped trying to get her and he let her get to me. Instead of me get to her.

Is this another dominance issue or another issue? What does it mean, and why now? I've had him for about 90 days now. It seems like I've had him longer than that for some reason.

ashleycat
06-26-2006, 10:33 AM
My mom thinks he's mad from being at the kennel.

ashleycat
06-26-2006, 11:09 AM
I think I got him back in his place now. I didn't hit him or anything, but now hes acting a lil scared. Maybe the tone in my voice? and snapping my fingers.