PDA

View Full Version : New Home for Boots

K9karen
06-25-2006, 04:38 PM
It has taken me all day to write this because i finally stopped crying uncontrollably.

First off i received a call last night from a new PTer, Dr G, who offered Boots a home with her daughter in Phoenix and even, kindly, offered to pay his plane fare. Second, he's been listed on Petfinders through a local rescue sight. Plus all you guys have been sweet and caring.

My neighbor called at 11a this morning: "Boots is GONE!" she announced, gleefully, i might add. Me, being half asleep: "Huh? Whaaaaa"?

Her hated daughter in law's cousin has been wanting a dog for her 9 yo son and by chance, Boots is available. They came over, fell in love with him, and visa versa (but then Boots loves everyone). And before you know it, off he goes. Me, groggily "Where is he now"? Neighbor; "He's on his way up the street".
Me..silent for once in my life.

They begged me to help them find him a good home. i, for the first time in my life, took the time to research and help. I should have kept him. I think the reason I've been so hysterical (poor John, trying to console me and madder than heck)is that I paid a dear price for his life and became very emotional over him. i bought him a new collar, treats, yes, folks, the prong, because he kept slipping out of his leather collar, into another neighbor's yard, is young, but powerful, and was easier to control. It was on very very loose, he never even felt the tug. He was never injured or hurt by it, but it helped him be calmer. I don't like them either, but used correctly, are not painful (no sadists here-what are you kidding me?). He played at my house, ate my food, played with Logan. Now their problems are over, whoopie doo. I never had a chance to kiss the little bugger goodbye. A destroyed left wrist forever, but, hey, that's OK, he was worth it. I, once again, wore my heart on my sleeve, minded someone else's business, got kicked in the ass, got emotional devastated, but so what?

Have to go, tears in the way. I don't know whether I'm more hurt by their uncaring, or the fact I'll never see him again and wonder forever how he is. Or, the fact, i should have let them handle everything. Or feeling sorry for myself. I guess a combination.

I need a drink, another hysterical cry, a lesson in learning to mind my own beeswax, and...have to hug and kiss my own baby girl. Pass the tissue, i can't stand it anymore.

Cincy'sMom
06-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Karen, I'm so sorry!! I wish your neighbor's had given you a chance to best him the perfect home. Hopefully this new home will work out, and all willbe well for dear Boots.

Pam
06-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Karen this whole thing stinks. Pardon my language. I have to wonder whether Boots is going to a home where he will be bounced around to another home in a short while and then another and another. I don't even want to contemplate that. :mad: You poor thing. You went to h#ll and back for him and they didn't even extend you the courtesy of giving him a kiss goodbye. I don't like the way she spoke to you *gleefully* about Boots being gone. No wonder you are crying. You tried to protect him once and now he has gone off to a very questionable future in my opinion. *sigh*

buttercup132
06-25-2006, 05:17 PM
aww (((HUGSSSSSSS)))I dont know what to say, but were all here for you.
If hes down the street cant you visit him or something???

Toby's my baby
06-25-2006, 05:22 PM
I have tears in my own eyes! :( I feel so badly for you. Just as Pam said, you went through He!! for the poor guy, and treated him like your own, and the least they could do was happily call you up and say "he's gone!". I hope his new home will work out, and Boots will be happy and healthy for the rest of his life. I wish you could have been given the chance to find him a home that he rightly deserves. :( {{HUGS}}

DrKym
06-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Karen just got back from errands got your message and saw this post, Our offer still stands if this doesn't work out. I am so very very sorry that the only one that behaved with honor here is a puppy, as we discussed before some ppl just suck. I am sorry that grown ppl feel that your caring wasn't worth reciprocation. huge hugs and a great big wet kiss from Goofy and Rusty the amazing felon.

lizbud
06-25-2006, 05:43 PM
I am so sorry Karen.I think I'd tell the neighbor if they ever hear of
the pup not working out, to tell you about it as you have people interested
in Boots. You really went all out for this sweet pup and anything less than
a great home would be hard to take. :(

Jadapit
06-25-2006, 05:52 PM
I was almost in *tears* when I read this post. :( You sacrificed so much for Boots, I'm appalled the people didn’t even give YOU the chance to tell him goodbye. Life sure doesn't make sense sometimes. I'm so very sorry for everything this has put you through. (((Hugs)))

Cinder & Smoke
06-25-2006, 07:36 PM
My neighbor called at 11a this morning: "Boots is GONE!" ...

Her hated daughter in law's cousin has been wanting a dog
for her 9 yo son and by chance, Boots is available.

They came over, fell in love with him, ...
And before you know it, off he goes.

If he "left" that quickly -
He HASN'T gone all that far!

Have a lil "chat" with the Boots' "former owner" and FIND OUT where he is!

Get their name & phone number - if the neighbor asks WHY? - just
TELL 'Em that you'd like to check up and say hello to the lil Guy.

Then CALL the New Owner and introduce yourself -
TELL 'Em you shaved the lil Guy's life and feel a bit connected ... and
would like to be allowed to have an occasional visit.

I think if you play your cards right -
New Folks would be crazy not to welcome your interest.

And SHAME :mad: on your Neighbor!

Now - start finding out WHERE he is!!

;)

luvofallhorses
06-25-2006, 07:42 PM
I am so sorry. :( (((hugs))) you did so much for Boots and and they didn't even let you say goodbye. I am really sorry. :( we're here for you.

senorita02
06-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I agree with Cinder and Smoke, maybe you could get a hold of the new owners and let them know how attached you are and either have visits, or let them know if things dont workout that you have a friend who was already waiting for him, that way if he doesnt workout then they can give him to you where you will place him with Dr, G, and he wont even have a chance to go to a worse home or be bounced around,
this whole story is soo sad, Boots is sooo darling and handsome and deserves a terrific forever family!!

bckrazy
06-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Karen, you did so many great things for Boots, and it's wonderful that you set up a loving home for him. Have you told your nieghbor this? It sounds as if the new "owners" will give up in no time at all, you should absolutely call them and explain. Boots might as well be your dog, with what you've done for him.

Rachel
06-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Karen this whole thing stinks. Pardon my language. I have to wonder whether Boots is going to a home where he will be bounced around to another home in a short while and then another and another. I don't even want to contemplate that. :mad: You poor thing. You went to h#ll and back for him and they didn't even extend you the courtesy of giving him a kiss goodbye. I don't like the way she spoke to you *gleefully* about Boots being gone. No wonder you are crying. You tried to protect him once and now he has gone off to a very questionable future in my opinion. *sigh*

I have to agree. I don't know if it would do any good but I certainly would tell *the neighbor* how you feel about how this was handled. Tell her the time you took, the efforts you made and how it made you feel to have that all written off as if it were nothing. Also you might want to mention that Boots, being a Pitty, needs a knowledgeable guardian and not just anybody who would take him. Tell her how you have learned to love Boots and protected him with your life and felt you had found a home where he would be safe and secure and able to live there forever. Can she say the same for the home she chose?

I'm so sorry, Karen. I know this has to be devasting for you as it would have been for me if I were in your shoes.

cyber-sibes
06-25-2006, 09:17 PM
((((hugs)))) You did your best, not your fault the neighbor decided to speed up his departure time. I hope you get to see him again. Will say a little prayer that Boot's guardian angel will stick close to the little guy & keep him safe.

Sevaede
06-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Everything that I wanted to say has already been said and I am left with this...

Wow. Just unremarkably... wow. That is uncurteous and just plain RUDE. You did so much for that little boy and they don't even have any sort of decency to at least let you say good bye. I would voice my opinion to your neighbor. Make yourself understood. :(

****HUGS****

zoomer
06-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Oh, I am sooo sorry, Karen :( This whole thing sucks!
Can't you go visit him or something?
Maybe talk to the neighbors about your feelings or something?

(((HUGS)))

captain
06-25-2006, 11:43 PM
{{{{{hugs for Karen}}}}

Karen,
My tears are falling with you ............. I know how much you tried to help .... and am so sorry that you did not even get a chance to say goodbye .....

I am with Phred, once you get over the tears, the hurt, and then the anger, would you be able to find out where he is ....... because I think your mind would be at ease if the new "owners" knew you would look after his interests when they (hopefully NOT) lose interest in darlin Boots.

Does that make sense?

{{{hugs}}} again

shais_mom
06-25-2006, 11:44 PM
what idiots!
I am so sorry Karen - I will continue to send good thoughts both your way and poor Boots.

K9karen
06-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks. i intend to find out where and how he is. My neighbor remarked "He's in the family' which of course, makes me cringe even more. All i know is that the husband is a cop, the wife is a stay at home mother, the little boy has no friends, being around 200 pounds. So, Boots to the rescue of course.
At least the neighbor's had a pit before and were knowledgable. I'll give them that. But we are great friends, we're always at each other's houses. They've been a huge help since my mom died. I guess, bottom line, i feel betrayed and terribly hurt.
Who knows, if by the time they decide they don't want Boots anymore, what condition he'll be in.
Once again, suffer the innocent.

pitc9
06-26-2006, 09:06 AM
:( Oh Karen... hugs to you!!!
I'm so sorry you've been hurt so badly by these "people".
I hope and pray you get in touch with Boots new owners and find out wonderful news!! Like they've had pits before, and that they love him just as much as you do.... all you can do is hope and pray!