PDA

View Full Version : Constant meowing

dab_20
06-25-2006, 12:15 PM
I know this should go in cat behaviour, but not many people look there and I need a quick answer. My brother (anthony) asked me to ask you why his cat, Yegger, is CONSTANTLY meowing. Yegger meows when Anthony comes home from work, and all through the evening and when he goes to bed he sits at the window and meows. Do you know why he could be doing this, and how to stop it?

Yegger is fairly young, about 1-2 years old. He's nuetered.

jazzcat
06-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Some cats are talkers but if the cat just recently started this and it's not a health problem (probably should have a vet check to make sure) then I would think he might be lonely and/or bored. Maybe your brother should get another cat that Yegger gets along with as a companion.

dab_20
06-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Some cats are talkers but if the cat just recently started this and it's not a health problem (probably should have a vet check to make sure) then I would think he might be lonely and/or bored. Maybe your brother should get another cat that Yegger gets along with as a companion.

It just started. My brother recently moved out from him and his girlfriends house. She had a cat named Moe, so maybe Yegger misses her? I will tell Anthony your reply, thank you. :)

jazzcat
06-25-2006, 12:24 PM
It just started. My brother recently moved out from him and his girlfriends house. She had a cat named Moe, so maybe Yegger misses her? I will tell Anthony your reply, thank you. :)
I'm willing to be the bank that Yegger misses Moe - and maybe your brother's girlfriend too. I'd say that is the meowing problem.

dab_20
06-25-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm willing to be the bank that Yegger misses Moe - and maybe your brother's girlfriend too. I'd say that is the meowing problem.

Thanks very much!

catnapper
06-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Gosh, Abby SCREAMED her head off the entire time Harry was gone to be neutered. Many cats are very vocal when they are upset.

Allen screams at me when he's mad about something.

Flutter meows her head off all day long in an attempt to ellicit pettings from anyone near her.

catland
06-25-2006, 01:06 PM
We took Strauss in when his human died - and he would meow in the hallway at 3:00am. He was loud too. He was missing his human and the other cat that he lived with.

We gave him a lot of love and he did calm down. Now he's part of the family. :)

Laura's Babies
06-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Chester called and called for days for the ferals I had here and sent on to homes when they were ready. It was so sad... I would suggest your brother get a companion kitty for him.

mrspunkysmom
06-25-2006, 01:18 PM
I took Spunky in the night before his surgery so I wouldn't have to hide all of the cat food and listen to meows all night. Poor Sams thought he was next to leave the house and wouldn't let me near him. He also held watch by the front door and later that night he stayed under the bed, which is Spunky's refuge. He stayed under the bed most of the next day and didn't eat much either.

Finally in the evening he started snuggling against me and started to eat again.

Anne

catmandu
06-25-2006, 04:53 PM
The Found Cats all missed BJ, and Diane when they passed on.
If they were the only Cats, I imagine that thier meeeowing would have been a lot louder.
I think that your Kitty would like a nice Little Girl Cat.
I wonder if they would let him pick his own friend.

dab_20
06-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. I told my brother that Yegger is probably lonely for a kitty friend. He didn't really say much about getting another cat, so we'll see.