PDA

View Full Version : Moving suggestions, please. :)

Sevaede
06-25-2006, 02:23 AM
My husband and I want to move around to a couple of places before we settle permanently. Do you have suggestions? What are your favourite places and why? What is it like there? Weather? Animal laws and limits? Dog parks?

We plan on moving (back, in my case) to Eugene, Oregon for a short while. I would also *LOVE* to move to Seattle.

RubyMutt
06-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm originally from the Seattle area and I cannot speak more highly of it. I've been living in Kentucky for just a little over a year now and I cannot wait to move back to my beloved Washington (which will probably happen within a year or two). It truly does rain a lot there and the skies are often gloomy, it really can drive some people crazy (not me :D). For instance, I had an aunt who was absolutely miserable living in western Washington. She finally moved to the Las Vegas desert and is happy as a clam. Cost of living is rather expensive up there as well. I was paying more for a two bedroom/one story apartment there than I pay for my two bedroom/two story townhouse here in Kentucky. However, wages are usually higher in the northwest so it equals out somewhat. I've traveled quite a bit in the US (to Alaska, up and down the west coast, many national parks, etc), but I have NEVER found a place more gorgeous than Washington. The Cascade and Olympic Mountains, Pacific Ocean, Puget Sound, Seattle... it doesn't get any better! :D (Great, now I'm getting home sick). It is a very dog-friendly city and has numerous gorgeous and HUGE dog parks. Western Washington is truly a gem :)

A couple other places I've visited and loved are Cincinnati, OH and Nashville, TN. I've never lived in either city, but have visited both quite often. I think I'm drawn to Cinci because it often reminds me of Seattle. Nashville is just plain fun! :D

Cataholic
06-25-2006, 12:11 PM
I have no suggestions for you. But, I do have a question. Why do you guys plan to move around for awhile? What do you do with your employment situation? One of my biggest things was, once I graduated, findind a decent job. Now, I did happen to find a job that relocated me every couple of years, and I have lived on both coasts....returning to my beloved (lol) Cincinnati after 7 years.

*iluvskipper*
06-25-2006, 12:16 PM
well i've only lived in one place... MINNESOTA! and i LOVE it!!! its like a little bit of everything, cold, hot, its just nice. :D (also great lakes for fishing/swimming/boating/etc.)