PDA

View Full Version : Scary Labrador

BC_MoM
06-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Tonight I was on the phone to my grandpa who's in the hospital right now and heard a collar outside and my dogs started barking. I looked out and my older brother was like frozen in the drive way because he saw this huge golden dog on the street. He thought it was the dog a few doors down that bit him a year or so ago.

Much to my surprise, my Dad went down the street to see if it was the dog and was going to try and catch him.

After I got off the phone, I went outside and started walking after my Dad and noticed the dog was running my way.. what I did next totally baffles me. I ran.. away from the dog. I was scared! I can't believe I ran away though. So stupid.

Anyway.

So Molly and Mickey are at the door barking and Molly's growling at this HUGE, aroused Labrador male. The Lab runs to the front door and Mickey (who I accidently taught to open the screen door) OPENS the door and both get out.

My Mom screams at Mickey because an aroused male in the midst of a female with another male (Mickey) wouldn't be a nice situation in most cases. Mickey cowers away, and I have to go chancing after Molly, kicking at this beastly Lab to get him off her.

A few houses down there's a family that own a Lab so I walked down there and knocked on the door, while this Lab is jumping up at me trying to get at Molly (who's in my arms).

The people are in the house, and yet didn't even come to the door. @$$holes.

So I have no idea if it was there dog or not, but hey.. I have to protect my dogs. And I'm not taking in a huge, aroused, thick-headed Lab. So I brought Molly in and my Dad had to chase the dog away because he wouldn't leave our property. I posted on a Winnipeg Dog forum and left a message at the city pound, but that's all I could do.

I don't know why, but I was so scared of this dog for some reason.. and it's the only loose dog I've never felt sorry for! http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif

(Sorry for my midnight rant http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif)

ashleycat
06-25-2006, 09:05 AM
You were probably scared of it cus it "could" have been the dog that hurt your bro. I would feel the same way.

Unless the dog was looking happy and waggin his tail, I won't aproach it. I had a GS dog bite me cus it was loose and I wanted to pet it. Didn't draw blood, but still. After it bit me I walked slowly to the pharmacy that was near cus it was following me. And I left thru the back door to go home.

Alysser
06-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Well, Jess it isn't your fault. Was he happy to see you? Maybe you thought of your brothers inncident and was afraid to get bitten? Don't be to hard on yourself, I wouldn't have even put such a dog in my yard. If he attacked Molly and Mickey then you were right not to take him in. I hope he's ok though.

BC_MoM
06-25-2006, 12:26 PM
It wasn't the dog that bit my brother, and I wasn't even thinking about that. I think it was just how crazy this dog was and he was so focused on trying to get at Molly..

I'm just wishing good luck to the people who find him.. and I hope whoever owns him gets him neutered and into some obedience classes!