PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of PitBulls-photos added

K9karen
06-24-2006, 05:08 PM
As most of you guys know, i was severely, permanently injured while saving my neighbor's red nose pittie baby, Boots.
At the animal control hearing the other day, the defendant pleaded not guilty again, no showed due to a misunderstanding on his lawyer's part..blah blah blah. The judge called the lawyer and said they both had 2 hours to appear, no more continuances, no more crap. He was found guilty for one of his dogs, has 30 days to appeal, if not he must follow every letter of the state's Dangerous Dog Law demands. Yes, he has all 3 dogs but right now, must walk them on his own property on leashes)

That day, Boots' owners told me, due to family circumsrances, they won't be able to keep him. Needless to say (as I looked at my destroyed wrist) I burst into tears. I've been emailing rescue sights. One is putting him on PetFinders for me, since their kennels are full. I will post pictures later of Boots.

I know i don't live close to any of you, but would meet half way or make arrangements for transportation, if ANYONE is interested, or knows of anyone who would give this sweet, happy, playful boy a good home. The owners will not take him to the SPCA. Boots has been around little kids and shows no sign of aggression. He plays hard and strong, loves belly rubs, comes when called, is learning sit, stay and is doing his best to get potty trained. He's had his first series of shots. He is so darned cute. The owners are terribly upset and would keep him if they could. I am literally BEGGING and PLEADING for help. I know I'm always getting involved in other people's stuff, but when it comes to dogs, especially Bootsie, i can't help it. Please see my profile and email or PM me.

I guess that's all i can ask. I'm so attached to that little imp now, in more ways than one, that my heart is breaking.

Karen
06-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Oh, sweetie, we feel for you. K-Lo doesn't want a brother?

Jadapit
06-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Omg, this also breaks my heart! :( Oh, how I wish I could take the little guy. I hope he finds a wonderful home.

Corinna
06-24-2006, 07:48 PM
I think Logan needs a brother.

K9karen
06-24-2006, 10:41 PM
http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/24jun06/dsc00642a.jpg

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/24jun06/dsc00643a.jpg

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/24jun06/dsc00667a.jpg

yep..Logan needs a brother..look at that face! They get along pretty well. She lets him know who's boss and he wears her out like crazy and she runs in the house to hide while he stands at the door and cries!! :D
His family trains him very firmly but gently. I, however am a wimp. i do not have a PitBull owner'smentality. He already has me wrapped around his paw. I love his kisses and attention but with one hand i won't be able to give him the attention and training he needs. Especially when he gets stronger and heavier than he is. Don't think i'm not considering it, but financially, health wise, I can't. It's killing me. i also know that Logan is a one dog girl. She's needy for attention also. you can't IMAGINE how emotionally ill I am. I love his crooked (broken?) tail, floppy ears, hazel eyes. I'm petrified of his becoming a fighting dog or prey (again) in the wrong hands. I think I care more than the owners, as much as i love them. I also need maybe 2 more surgeries don't forget. John and Rich would kill me.

luvofallhorses
06-24-2006, 10:45 PM
she's adorable! :) I hope you can find him a home. :( if I was closer, I'd help you find him a home.

Cincy'sMom
06-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Boots is adorable and I so wish I could take him. Unfortunately, I think 3 is our max right now, and I would be a little hesitant to have pit bull in Toledo. I love the breed, but our Dog Warden hates the breed, and seems to harass people who own them. Most the rescue groups in our area won't take even the most wonderful of them because of him.

Maybe PM Mugsy and see if she has any contacts that could help?

shais_mom
06-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh Karen what awful news. :(
After all this...
Hugs and special thoughts sent to you.

Karen
06-24-2006, 11:00 PM
He's such a cutie! I hope we can find him a home where he will be a treasured forever dog.

Roxyluvsme13
06-24-2006, 11:08 PM
You know I would LOVE to, but my mom would say no.. :(. I hope you can find Boots a forever home where he will be loved alot!

BC_MoM
06-25-2006, 12:51 AM
What a pretty boy!! :)
Is that a prong collar though? Ew, I hate those. lol

buttercup132
06-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Is that a prong collar though? Ew, I hate those. lolwhy..they arent bad...

Hes a super cute little boy!!I wish you could take him:( Maybe someone could foster and train him for you then you can take him

Alysser
06-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Aw, I think Logan needs a brother. ;) I wish I could possibly take him, but my parents will say no. Especially, to a pitbull. :rolleyes: I am pretty close to you as your in PA and I'm in NJ, but I could never take him. :(

BCollie_Kelly
06-25-2006, 09:55 AM
What a cutie! Good luck in finding him a home!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-25-2006, 11:32 AM
OMG, what a beautiful PitBull!! I hope with all my heart that he finds a good new home....

lizbud
06-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Karen, May I ask why his people won't let him go to the ASPCA?
He is a beautiful pup.If I were still working, had a bigger house, bigger
yard, etc, etc. :( I'm sure boots would be one terrific family pet.

CathyBogart
06-25-2006, 03:27 PM
He's such a doll, I wish him the very best. :( What a hard situation for everyone.

Suki Wingy
06-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Red Brindle! He's gorgeous! You might want to contact www.furryfriendsfoundation.com . They are in Chicago and specialize in taking dogs (especially pit bulls) out of state and into fosters.

Is that a prong collar though? Ew, I hate those. lol
Why? They are a lot more humane than slip or chokes and for dogs who pull hard they're the only thing that works. They are designed to pinch the dog's skin evenly around the neck instead of strangle them. Many PTers have actually tried them on, including me.

Jadapit
06-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Gosh, he is just beautiful. Please keep us posted on him.

molucass
06-25-2006, 04:02 PM
He's a beautiful boy. I hope he is able to find his furever home.