PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie Lines?

Cookiebaker
06-24-2006, 09:48 AM
I love to quote one liners from movies. What are some of yours?

From Erin Brokovitch: That's all you got, lady. Two wrong feet and ugly shoes.

From Rain Man: "Ut Oh V.E.R.N."

"Course my shorts are on the side of the highway"

From Robin Hood Men in Tights: Blinken, what are you DOING up there?" "I'm guessing? I'm guessing no one is coming??"

Again from Robin Hood: "I can see!!!" *crash* "Nope, I was wrong"

Post your favorites!

Argranade
06-24-2006, 10:40 AM
The termanator= Ill be back Asta lavista baby

Spondge bob= Daaahahahaaha!!! F is for friends that do stuff together u is for u and me n is for anywhere anytime at all here in the deep blue see!! Fun!

The little racscals= Alphalfa your mother wants to make a sissy out of you.

Family guy= YOU SUCK

I actualy say these things all the time lol well not all the time but mostly. :rolleyes: :)

CountryWolf07
06-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Here's to the husbands who've won you, the losers who've lost you, and the lucky bastards who've yet to meet you. - The Wedding Date

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. - Hitch

Love is a gift, Alex, not an obligation. - Fools Rush In

"We've all got bad in us, but we've got goodness too. And the only thing worth living for is the good. And that's why we've got to make sure we pass it on." - Where the Heart Is

"I know what I have to do now. I have to keep breathing, becuase tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide will bring in." - Cast Away

"I'm in a dress, I have gel in my hair, I haven't slept all night, I'm starved, AND I'm armed! DON'T mess with me!" - Miss Congeniality

"There's a lot of ugly things in this world. I wish I could keep them all away from you. That's never possible." - To Kill a Mockingbird

kitten645
06-25-2006, 12:27 AM
From the Misfits:
"If I'm going to be alone, I'd rather be by myself"

Almita
06-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Well this isn't a movie it's a show if that's alright

Oliver: I can't believe hannah montana broke up with her boyfriend the same time i came back from my orthodontist appointment

Lilly: ya Knock Knock Who's there fate

Oliver: fate who?

Lilly: just go and if it doesn't work out Smokin' Okin

Oliver: oh It will

Lilly: but if it doesn't Smokin okin

from Hannah Montana love those line from that show

joanofark
06-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Spondge bob= Daaahahahaaha!!! F is for friends that do stuff together u is for u and me n is for anywhere anytime at all here in the deep blue see!! Fun!

I LOVE that lol!!

Oliver: I can't believe hannah montana broke up with her boyfriend the same time i came back from my orthodontist appointment

Lilly: ya Knock Knock Who's there fate

Oliver: fate who?

Lilly: just go and if it doesn't work out Smokin' Okin

Oliver: oh It will

Lilly: but if it doesn't Smokin okin

from Hannah Montana love those line from that show

Hannah rules!!

I like this though.... :D

Lilly Truscott: But the mall has cute clothes!
Miley Stewart: But the beach has cute boys.
Lilly Truscott: To the beach!

Haha, I also like this quote from Narnia. Am I obbsessed with it? Oh ya.

Peter: "Are you with me?"
Oreious: "'Till the death."

cloverfdx
06-25-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm a bit of a movie freak :p. you asked for it hehe. I love that quote from "Where the heart is".

When you wake up, wipe the slugs off your face. Be ready for a new day! - My own private idaho.

Daddy Carrol: I am so lucky, i was born on April 4th 1944, thats 4.4.44, if you add that up it comes to 16: 1-6, one plus six is seven: luckiest number of all.
Mike Waters: You know your Math.
Daddy Carroll: It's more than math Mike, it's... imaculate perfection! - My own private idaho.

Teddy: I am acting my age. I'm in the prime of my youth and I'll only be young once.
Chris: Yeah, but you're gonna be stupid for the rest of your life. - Stand by me.

Chris: I'm never gonna get out of this town am I, Gordie?
Gordie: You can do anything you want, man. - Stand by me.
^ Favourite movie quote/ scene of all time^

WJ Pickens: Why does anyone lie? Cuz we're scared? Or crazy? Or jut mean?...There's a million reasons why a person lies...But sometimes, you tell a lie so big...that it changes your whole life..Lie's so big..it makes you think... - where the heart is.

Cameron: When Cameron was in Egypt's land..."let my Cameron go!" - Ferris Buellers day off.

Ferris: Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it. - Ferris Buellers day off.

That'll do pig - Babe.

Thats all for now, i will add more later ;).

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-25-2006, 11:21 AM
"It'd better be worth it!"

from Saving Private Ryan

DrKym
06-25-2006, 11:34 AM
" Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! now go away or I shall taunt you again!"
Monty Pythons Holy Grail

Dorothy39
06-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Just one , out of many favorite quotes from Good Movies:

"Now, Mrs. Riley and "ONLY" Mrs. Riley,

How many fingers am I holdin up now?

Spoken by Joe Pesci, playing Vincent Gambini in the Movie, "My Cousin Vinnie"

Dorothy39
06-25-2006, 01:53 PM
From the Misfits:
"If I'm going to be alone, I'd rather be by myself"
Are you referring to The Misfits, starring Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe?

If you are, Awesome!!!! That movie captured Norma Jean so well!!!

Dorothy39
06-25-2006, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Dr.Goodnow]" Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! now go away or I shall taunt you again!"
Monty Pythons Holy Grail[/QUOTE

I really like "The Meaning of Life", Monty Pythons great tribute to a well worn subject. Especially the Songs, Every Sperm is Sacrid, and,
one that I have memorized:

Just Remember that your Standing on a Planet that's evolving,

And revolving at 900 miles an hour,

It's orbiting at 90 miles a second,

So it's reckoned,

A sun that is the source of all our power....................Wow, Love that Song!!!

DrKym
06-25-2006, 02:07 PM
LOL dorothy another great one is

"what are you going to do bleed on me?" said to the Black Knight by Arthur and " I mean if I went around saying I was King just cause some watery tart lobbed a scimitar at me ...........they would put me away"

CathyBogart
06-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Coupling is a TV series rather than a movie, but it has some of my favorite lines...

"Well, thank you Steve, but I think you'll find that not everyone has a subconscious!"

"There is no connection between my d*** and my brain!!"

"you look just like the back of your head!"

"I'm not trying to lure you back into bed with my dead aunt!"

"He's having a bit of trouble right now...he's got an unflushable"
"Ooh, so you mean he can't..."
"Not so much can't, he WON'T...at the last minute he gets all sentimental"

And many many others...

davidpizzica
06-25-2006, 02:20 PM
There are a lot of great lines from the "Wizard of Oz", but the one line that stands out to me is " Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!".

Dorothy39
06-25-2006, 02:32 PM
There are a lot of great lines from the "Wizard of Oz", but the one line that stands out to me is " Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!".
OH MY GOODNESS!!!

You had the nerve to allow Dorothy39 to read this fabulous Quote.

You got me started on My favorite, all time, MOVIE.

I used to be the only kid on the playground, during the 60's, who could immitate the "munckins" hee hee hee, I can still do it too :D

and, when I was a Senior in High School, other kids would beg me to recite the line done by The Wicked Witch --

"I'll Get you my little Pretty, and your little dog too"!!!! Yep, I can still do that one too. Margaret Hamilton !!! I even sent her a handwritten letter back in 1963. Drat, she never responded. ,

"I do believe in Spooks, I do believe in Spooks, I do, I do, I do , I do,----- :D

davidpizzica
06-25-2006, 02:42 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!

You had the nerve to allow Dorothy39 to read this fabulous Quote.

You got me started on My favorite, all time, MOVIE.

I used to be the only kid on the playground, during the 60's, who could immitate the "munckins" hee hee hee, I can still do it too :D

and, when I was a Senior in High School, other kids would beg me to recite the line done by The Wicked Witch --

"I'll Get you my little Pretty, and your little dog too"!!!! Yep, I can still do that one too. Margaret Hamilton !!! I even sent her a handwritten letter back in 1963. Drat, she never responded. ,

"I do believe in Spooks, I do believe in Spooks, I do, I do, I do , I do,----- :D
Dorothy39, I can recite almost every line in the movie! It's my all time favorite movie. " You cursed brat! You destroyed my beautiful wickedness" As a matter of fact, I have the DVD of the Wizard of Oz in my player now!

Dorothy39
06-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Wow, it just had to come to this, like, I found another Wizard of Oz fan!!!

I own a few momentos from that famous MGM movie, but I am not a real serious collecter, because, let's face it, I can't afford that.

But, my kids know that I have always loved that MOVIE.(poor things, they have often heard me recite the lines, and, they know I want to paint an Oil Painting of "The Emerald City" I have dolls , metal signs, a DVD, VHS from 1987 50th Anniversay , pins, Simplicity Patterns, a great book dedicated to the movie with a ton of information, toys from the 70's, oh, I have done my best to insure that those I love learn the special meaning behind this classic story. Now, I am older, and, my grand-daughter surprised me with a beautiful scrap book that she made all byherself. Wow, She did this for little ol ME? I treasure it !!!!She even took a picture of the opening credit, where this movie is dedicated to the "YOUNG AT HEART".

High 5 David P!!!!!Oh Auntie Em, There's No Place Like Home"!!!!

Dorothy39
06-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Just Dorothy Gale again :D

I have often read your threads, and your posts, concerning your vision problems. WOW, we have that much in common.No cataracts yet, but just give me a few years pal. I'll be there in no time.

Maybe we can really SEE more , more than the people who were blessed with 20/20 all their lives. The eyes have it DavidP.
We were really cursed with a fine blessing afterall, right?

:p

davidpizzica
06-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Wow, it just had to come to this, like, I found another Wizard of Oz fan!!!

I own a few momentos from that famous MGM movie, but I am not a real serious collecter, because, let's face it, I can't afford that.

But, my kids know that I have always loved that MOVIE.(poor things, they have often heard me recite the lines, and, they know I want to paint an Oil Painting of "The Emerald City" I have dolls , metal signs, a DVD, VHS from 1987 50th Anniversay , pins, Simplicity Patterns, a great book dedicated to the movie with a ton of information, toys from the 70's, oh, I have done my best to insure that those I love learn the special meaning behind this classic story. Now, I am older, and, my grand-daughter surprised me with a beautiful scrap book that she made all byherself. Wow, She did this for little ol ME? I treasure it !!!!She even took a picture of the opening credit, where this movie is dedicated to the "YOUNG AT HEART".

High 5 David P!!!!!Oh Auntie Em, There's No Place Like Home"!!!!
Dorothy39, "It's a twister, it's a TWISTER!" As a matter of fact, I may just watch it again today.

Dorothy39
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh Geez, Now I can hear the opening song all over again.

You did it David P!!! I'm back in Kansas, or, am I in Oz??

Dorothy!!!!! Dorothy!!!! " I can't find Dorothy"!!!! God, remember that part?

Scared the snot out of me!!!

Ya know, we need to start an Oz Thread Now, it's bound to happen.

Suki Wingy
06-25-2006, 03:57 PM
None stand out in my mind but don't even get me started in Harry Potter book Quotes!

davidpizzica
06-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Just Dorothy Gale again :D

I have often read your threads, and your posts, concerning your vision problems. WOW, we have that much in common.No cataracts yet, but just give me a few years pal. I'll be there in no time.

Maybe we can really SEE more , more than the people who were blessed with 20/20 all their lives. The eyes have it DavidP.
We were really cursed with a fine blessing afterall, right?

:p
You're right, dorothy, I do thlnk we can see more of the finer thimgs than people with 20/20 sight. BTW, Dorothy, I also have an artificial left knee! If I get any more man made parts, I might have to change my name to the Tin Man!

prechrswife
06-25-2006, 06:37 PM
"Maiwage, maiwage is what bwings us here togethah today, because of wuv, twue wuv..." --The Princess Bride

Dorothy39
06-26-2006, 09:26 PM
This line made me laugh real hard, a long time ago.

From Stephen King's "Maximum Drive"

"I think I just loaded my pants"--spoken by the character, "Curtis"

Dorothy39
06-26-2006, 09:29 PM
okay, all of us know this line from "Cool Hand Luke"

"What we have here, is--failure to communicate"

Spoken by Struther Martin .

Crikit
06-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Hmmm let's see...

Goonies
Mikey:"Don't say that never say that, Goonies never say die."
Andy:"But I'm not a Goonie"
Mikey:"That's right I forgot...but still don't you realize, the next time we see sky it will be in another town, the next time we take a test it will be in another school. Our parents want what's best for us, but it's their time their time up there it's our time our time down here. That all ends when we go up in Troy's old bucket"

"Goonies never say die"

Ferris Bullers day off
"Anyone, anyone, buller buller"

Anna and the King
"If love were a choice who would ever choose such excuisite pain."

Miss Congeniality
"My idea of a perfect date would have to be April 25 because it's not to hot and not to cold all you really need is a nice light jacket."

"Hey I'm gliding here."

Muppets
Kermit:"We're going to catch these guys red handed."
Fozzie:"Kermit?"
Kermit:"Yes Fozzie?"
Fozzie:"What colour are their hands now?"

"If this is the Happenis hotel I'd hate to see what the sadness hotel looks like."

"Peoples is peoples, cats is peoples, rats is peoples, pigs is peoples, peoples is peoples."

Camp Nowhere
"Ah yes, those fourth of July breakfasts very hazardous."

Moulin Rouge
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Strictly Ballroom
"I wanna dance with you, I wanna dance with you your way."

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"

"Scott you promised you'd help us with our bogopogo."

Dirty Dancing
"I carried the watermeleons"

"Nobody puts baby in the corner"

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc
"Hey Lady you call him Mr Jones."

There are more but I can't remember them at the moment.

DogLover9501
06-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors. So I have a few favorite quotes of his from various movies:

They call them accidents 'cause it's nobody's fault. --An Unfinished Life

I could see where the blue turns to black. From up there, you can see all there is. And it looked like there was a reason for everything. --An Unfinished Life

People want me to do everything for them. What they don't realize is that they have the power. You want to see a miracle? Be the miracle. --Bruce Almighty

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--

Willy Wonka: Everything in this room is -eat-able. Even I'm -eat-able. But, that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is, in fact, frowned upon in most societies.

Willy Wonka: You're really weird.

There's a million more, but, I'll stop now ;)

DJFyrewolf36
06-27-2006, 02:18 AM
"Maiwage, maiwage is what bwings us here togethah today, because of wuv, twue wuv..." --The Princess Bride

LOL I swear, the lady who officiated our marage ceremony sounded exactly like that...I almost lost it laughing :D

Here are a few of my favorite quotes :)

From Galaxy Quest (One of my favorite movies ever)

Gwen DeMarco: [shouts] Look! I have one job on this lousy ship, it's *stupid*, but I'm gonna do it, okay?

Gwen DeMarco: Fred, you had a part people loved. I mean, my TV Guide interview was six paragraphs about my BOOBS and how they fit into my suit. No one bothered to ask me what I do on the show.

Gwen DeMarco: They're not ALL "historical documents." Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a...
[All the Thermians moan in despair]
Mathesar: Those poor people.

Sir Alexander Dane: Could they be the miners?
Fred Kwan: Sure, they're like three years old.
Sir Alexander Dane: MINERS, not MINORS.
Fred Kwan: You lost me.

Sir Alexander Dane: You're just going to have to figure out what it wants. What is its motivation?
Jason Nesmith: It's a rock monster. It doesn't have motivation.
Sir Alexander Dane: See, that's your problem, Jason. You were never serious about the craft.

Tommy Webber: Go for the mouth, then, the throat, his vulnerable spots!
Jason Nesmith: It's a rock! It doesn't have any vulnerable spots!
Guy Fleegman: I know! You construct a weapon. Look around, can you form some sort of rudimentary lathe?

From Dusk Till Dawn

Kate: Are you okay?
Seth: Peachy, Kate. The world's my oyster, except for the fact that I just rammed a wooden stake in my brother's heart because he turned into a vampire, even though I don't believe in vampires. Aside from that unfortunate business, everything's hunky-dory.

Jacob: Has anybody here read a real book about vampires, or are we just remembering what a movie said? I mean a real book.
Sex Machine: You mean like a Time-Life book?

Carlos: So, what, were they psychos, or...
Seth: Did they look like psychos? Did they? No. They were F-ing vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how crazy they are.

Kate: Where are you taking us?
Richie: Mexico.
Kate: What's in Mexico?
Richie: Mexicans

From Girl, Interupted

Susanna: You know, taking us for ice creams in a blizzard... makes you wonder who the real whack jobs are.

Lisa: We are very rare and we are mostly men.
Janet: Lisa thinks she's hot s**t cause she's a sociopath.
Cynthia: I'm a sociopath.
Lisa: No, you're a dyke.

Susanna: [narrating] When you don't want to feel... death can seem like a dream. But, seeing death - really seeing it... makes dreaming about it ridiculous.

Janet: When they built this place they put the tunnels in so the loons didn't have to go anywhere in the cold.
Susanna: I must've missed that in the brochure.

Danegirl2208
06-27-2006, 02:41 AM
"You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music ”
- Jim Carrey Ace Ventura

"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention"
-Harry Dumb and Dumber

"If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!"
- Jim carey Ace ventur pet detective

"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
-Airplane

davidpizzica
06-27-2006, 08:35 AM
From the "Muppet's Christmas Carol": "Light the lamp, not the rat! LIGHT THE LAMP, NOT THE RAT!!"

cloverfdx
06-27-2006, 08:35 AM
DJf they are my favourite quotes from Girl interrupted :D.

Andy: I can't tell... if it's an "A sharp" or if it's a "B flat"!
Mikey: Heh, if you hit the wrong note, we'll all "B flat!" - The Goonies.

Mama Fratelli: Four waters. Is that all?

Mouth: No! I want the veal scalopini.

Mikey: Shut up Mouth.

Mouth: I want the fetucini alfredo. I want the spahgetti carbonara from 1981.

Mama Fratelli: The only thing we serve is tongue. Do you boys like tongue?

Mama Fratelli: Sit down! - The Goonies.

Melanie: You dumb stubborn redneck hick. - Sweet Home Alabama.

Dorothy39
06-27-2006, 09:45 AM
From "The Blues Brothers"

"How much for the women? " The women, how much for the women?"

smokey the elder
06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Young Frankenstein:

"Put the candle BACK!"

"Seda-give?!"

"Igor, get the bags.." "You take the blond, I'll take the one in the toiben!"

Spaceballs:

"I hate it when my Schartz gets twisted!"

Ghostbusters:

"No one steps on a church in MY town!"

Ghostbusters II:

"Being miserable is every New Yorker's God-given right!"

"Lenny...you could save the lives of millions of registered voters!"

lv4dogs
06-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Alice's Restaurant
If anyone is going to make a fool out of me, it might as well be me!

Ghostbusters
Who ya gonna call?

elizabethann
06-27-2006, 12:49 PM
From Moonstruck....

when Cher's Uncle is staring at the full moon....he says...."it's Cosmo's moon".

So everytime I see a full moon, that's what I say (plus I have a cat named Cosmo, so it makes sense to me but everybody usually looks at me like I have 2 heads).

:D

ramanth
06-27-2006, 12:56 PM
"You cheat Dr. Jones! You cheat!"

:D

Karen
06-27-2006, 01:20 PM
"He chose ... poorly."

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Dorothy39
06-27-2006, 02:05 PM
"Whew, People come and go so quickly here"

Dorothy Gale in Munchin land. :p

Dorothy39
06-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Madaline Kahn, near the ending of "Young Frankenstein"

" Dum,, dum de dum, dum de dum, dum de dum, dum de dum ----then licks her thumb, sets it onto her rear , then, makes that hot iron sizzle sound , hissss! I loved her !!!

beeniesmom
06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
From "The Shining"

Jack to Wendy: "I'm not gonna hurt ya, I'm just gonna bash your brains in!"

and "Wendy, I'm home."

I know, pretty grusome.... but that movie is a classic.

Suki Wingy
06-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I just watched Chamber of Seacrets on TV and I had to add this one from right after Lochart's memory charm backfires
Lockhart: um, who are you?
Ron: I'm Ron Weasley
Lockhart: Oh, well, and um, who am I?
Ron: You're Professor Lockhart
Lockhart: *pause* Well this is an odd sort of place. Do you live here?
Ron: No. *slaps lockhart across the back of the head* :)

moosmom
06-27-2006, 04:31 PM
National Lampoon's Animal House:

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life."

"I suggest you start drinking heavily."

Steel Magnolias:

"Go ahead Weezer, KNOCK HER LIGHTS OUT!!!"

"I'd rather have 10 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

Mommy Dearest:

"Why can't you give me the RESPECT that I'm entitled to??" "Because I am NOT one of your fans!!"

"NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!"

Dorothy39
06-27-2006, 05:10 PM
From "The Shining"

Jack to Wendy: "I'm not gonna hurt ya, I'm just gonna bash your brains in!"

and "Wendy, I'm home."

I know, pretty grusome.... but that movie is a classic.
From "One Flew over the Cockoo's Nest"

A waitress asks him : "Hold the Chicken"?

"Between you knees", spoken by Jack Nickolson.

The Cat Factory
06-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I have lots of favorites, here are a few...

From Beavis & Butt-Head Do America

Beavis: This sucks. It's all hot and stuff.
Butt-head: This desert is stupid. They should put a drinking fountain out here.
Beavis: Yeah, yeah. Or like a 7-11, or something.

From Army Of Darkness

[after Ash chops up Evil Ash with a chainsaw and throws him into a hole]
Evil Ash: You'll never retrieve the Necronomicon! You'll die before ya get it!
Ash: Hey! What's that you got on your face?
Evil Ash: Huh?
[Ash throws dirt on Evil Ash's face]

prechrswife
06-27-2006, 05:55 PM
From Steel Magnolias:

"My colors are blush and bashful."
"Your colors are pink and pink."