PDA

View Full Version : Streaming music...

cyber-sibes
06-23-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm really impressed - I've been listening to music over my new iMac computer. I can't believe all the types of music available! i've been listening to celtic, new age, bluegrass, old folk favorites--I could never afford all these albums/tapes/cd's--This is like heaven! Can't wait to hear some of the other stuff, too. Donovan just came on, man, I haven't heard him in YEARS! I love to have music on in the background while I'm working, and I can even have music on while I'm catching up on PT! :D This is great! Anybody else listen to radio over their computers? (I'm probably showing my age, all the young people take this for granted, I'm sure)

Karen
06-23-2006, 11:23 PM
I listen to some podcasts, and have all my iPod music on my computer, too, so listen to all of that. There's a cool bluegrass podcast that comes on periodically that I like, iTunes just downloads it whenever there's a new one, which is cool.

RedHedd
06-24-2006, 11:28 AM
I do sometimes. When I was living part-time in the other apartment while my apartment was undergoing earthquake retrofit construction, my regular radio set-up got messed up so I discovered online streaming. I was impressed with the quality and selection. As I don't always leave my computer online, I usually just use a regular, good old-fashioned radio. Do the younger ones even listen to regular radio anymore? :confused:

sirrahbed
06-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Yes, I like to put on the aol site radio (http://music.aol.com/) - lots of selections there. The oldies are fun (meaning 70's music) :D