PDA

View Full Version : Adoptable Pet of the Day

Riptide
06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
I was thinking that maybe if we got the word out to animal shelters, there could be a part of the site for pets for adoption? Shelters could send in pics and info about the pet, as well as a link/phone number/location of the shelter...I donno, just a thought.

Karen
06-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Petfinder has that covered perfectly well.

Kfamr
06-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Petfinder may have "covered it perfectly well" however, there is NOTHING wrong with advertising animals for adoption even more. They need all the help they can get.

This is a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL (x 32424234) idea!!
My Humane Society is constantly looking for way to 'promote' their dogs.

I wish this idea would actually be thought about, but I guess not. :rolleyes:

Miss Z
06-24-2006, 07:15 AM
I love that idea! Just think of all the people who visit POTD, and I wonder how many pets could benefit from it. I'm sure a couple of people from PT would probably end up falling in love with a few pets and end up taking them in themselves!;)

C'mon Karen, pwetty pweeeeze with a chewwy on top?

Argranade
06-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Its a good Idea even if other sites have started it it does not mean everyone knows about it I mean I never knew pet finder was around.

It would be good to help out pets even more.

lbaker
06-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Thoughtful idea but we do have plenty of foster moms and dads right here on PetTalk as members that have plenty of foster cats/kittens/dogs/pups and other pets that could use our help in adopting and/or transport. I think Karen is right ~ again ;) I don't mean to stick my head in the sand about the situation but I can only take so much sadness and frustration in not being able to help every dear, needy pet I hear about :(

zippy-kat
06-24-2006, 11:20 AM
The problem with having an adoptable pet of the day is the fact that there would be so many submissions the pet may have been already adopted (or worse, euthanized) by the time his/her picture is posted. (After four + years of waiting, two of the cats I submitted have yet to be featured as COTD; both have since passed away.)

Riptide
06-24-2006, 12:57 PM
The problem with having an adoptable pet of the day is the fact that there would be so many submissions the pet may have been already adopted (or worse, euthanized) by the time his/her picture is posted. (After four + years of waiting, two of the cats I submitted have yet to be featured as COTD; both have since passed away.)

I suppose it would be kind of hard to update...