PDA

View Full Version : Is this a sign of pit fighting?

Flatcoatluver
06-23-2006, 06:15 PM
On another forum, someone recently joined and advertised their breeding kennel page. Viewing their pics of their dogs. I saw some pics. Is he a pit fighter or what is going on in some of thease pics?
click here (http://www.indigopitskennel.com/pictures.htm)

cali
06-23-2006, 06:20 PM
pit fighter? :confused: I see no signs of anything of the sort, for 1 pit fighting dogs would not be sitting 2 dogs to a kennel with grins on their faces, and cuddling up togther on the couch, hanging with little kids.

Flatcoatluver
06-23-2006, 06:21 PM
I know.... but what is that second picture posted on the page, is that just a rag?

lute
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I don't know if they fight their dogs, but they are DEFINATLY a byb.

Jadapit
06-23-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure if I saw the pictures you were talking about? Which ones made you think they might be fighting their dogs? It really doesn't look like they are fighting the dogs. A lot of people do use the ropes so the pits can swing off them. I have never done it with Ebony though. One of those dogs looked a lot like Ebony. ;)

Those ropes are called swing poles. They look like they are breeding for size, so many of the pit breeders these days are breeding for huge heads, it's nuts. Some of them are going for 34 inch heads. :rolleyes: Who knows if they are good breeders or not? So many people breed pits when they have no business doing it. :mad:

Flatcoatluver
06-23-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure if I saw the pictures you were talking about? Which ones made you think they might be fighting their dogs? It really doesn't look like they are fighting the dogs. A lot of people do use the ropes so the pits can swing off them. I have never done it with Ebony though. One of those dogs looked a lot like Ebony. ;)
ok the rope was what I was wondering about.

cali
06-23-2006, 06:28 PM
oohh it was the rope! lol I see people with pitties doing that so often it did not even occur to me that thats what you were refering too lol

Flatcoatluver
06-23-2006, 06:32 PM
ok sorry pointless thread. I have never herad of people ever using ropes. So The thing the dog was hanging on, at first I thought It was like some kind of dead animal......

Lori Jordan
06-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Nah look at those dogs no scars at all the rope....all dogs have different things for toys my guys love the rope i tie mine out the have a blast all those pits look like babies...no way fighting dogs.

Jadapit
06-23-2006, 06:35 PM
ok sorry pointless thread. I have never herad of people ever using ropes. So The thing the dog was hanging on, at first I thought It was like some kind of dead animal......

It wasn't a pointless thread at all, you really never know who might be fighting pits or selling them to fight. I guess those swing poles make the dogs jaws stronger. I never started Ebony on one because I think her jaw is strong enough. ;)

*Edit to add*

I want to add that its not a bad thing when people use the spring poles, they dont do it just to make the jaws stronger. Its super good excerise for them, pit are super agile they like to jump. I'm sure lots of them do love the spring pole. :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-23-2006, 06:38 PM
I thought it was fighting too, Bre, so don't feel bad.. :p.

bckrazy
06-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Let me just add, spring poles are GREAT exercise for any dog that loves to tug or jump! =0) Gonzo loves spring poles, and he is not exactly a "fighting dog"... roflmaooo

I agree that they are BYB's, though. No showing, no titles whatsoever, no signs of health/temperament testing, prices on the puppies before they're even born. These people have no right to breed these dogs, they're absolutely doing a disservice to a breed that is desperately in need of more responsible owners/breeders.

molucass
06-23-2006, 07:09 PM
It doesnt look like just a rope, or a rag or anything like that, it looks like a dead animal hanging from where the dog grabs on to.

bckrazy
06-23-2006, 07:44 PM
If you look closely, the "dead animal" looks more like a multi-colored feather duster. It's poofy, and red, yellow, magenta, & purple colored. And if it was dead animal, there would be blood and nasty organs and such hanging out.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I too thought it was some kind of dead animal...
I also think that they are BYB's... why the heck would you want to breed your dogs, just to get a bigger head/body?! :confused: :mad: :mad:
I, personally, don't think the big head, enormous body is at all attractive in any dog.
But, Ebony & Jada are just beautiful girls!

zoomer
06-23-2006, 08:46 PM
I looked at every page on the website but didn't see any signs of pit fighting... :confused:

Jadapit
06-23-2006, 08:47 PM
I too thought it was some kind of dead animal...
I also think that they are BYB's... why the heck would you want to breed your dogs, just to get a bigger head/body?! :confused: :mad: :mad:
I, personally, don't think the big head, enormous body is at all attractive in any dog.
But, Ebony & Jada are just beautiful girls!

I dont know why people are going for the big head, short body the dogs honestly look like little hippos. It's so sad what humans can do to a breed they ruin them so much of the time.

Thank you for saying that about my girls. :D

Kfamr
06-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Unfortunately, People have really ruined a great breed over the years.

They AREN'T supposed to be big dogs, they AREN'T supposed to have HUGE, HUGE heads, etc.

Spring poles are great fun for strong dogs. I'd love to get Kiara one but she certainly isn't a fighter. She can hold on to her frisbee while I swing her around in a circle.

I've never met many Pittie owners who don't have a spring poles for their babies. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-23-2006, 08:55 PM
I dont know why people are going for the big head, short body the dogs honestly look like little hippos. It's so sad what humans can do to a breed they ruin them so much of the time.

Thank you for saying that about my girls. :D
Aww, your very welcome! I'd be over there in a heartbeat just to snuggle with you babies! ;)

buttercup132
06-23-2006, 09:19 PM
I dont get why they say on the pictures page

Rescue a pitty at least one cause theres so many homeless , yet they go out and breed them and do a terrible job:confused:
Fighters no
uneducated about breeding YES YES YES
someone should email them and ask them why they say that you should rescue a pitty yet they breed nonbreed standards
not me though I word things very wrong and it comes out mean or not making sense

*LabLoverKEB*
06-23-2006, 10:51 PM
someone should email them and ask them why they say that you should rescue a pitty yet they breed nonbreed standards
not me though I word things very wrong and it comes out mean or not making sense
YES YES YES! I totally agree, someone should e-mail them!

molucass
06-24-2006, 12:57 AM
I have no problem with springpoles, at all.. It's just that to me it looked like a dead animal.

It is sad that people are turning pitties into overbred, oversized beasts. It's hard to find someone that actually breeds "real" pit bulls now days. Most of them look like fat, short, stocky big headed mastiff mixes. (Sorry if that sounds like I am trying to put down mastiffs, because thats not my intention at all. I love mastiffs!)

Kfamr
06-24-2006, 06:56 AM
:confused: Dead animal?

I'm really confused where some of you are seeing dead animals in the photo. On the springpole, it looks to me to be a torn up rope toy.

Suki Wingy
06-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Seems like they have good intentions but what they are doing is bad. In APBTs BYBers are what I call "Yard Breeders" They have a yard of animals tied up on chains. The thing is a springpole. Niño does the same thing off of our disk swing. ;) I'm being driven crazy by that site's unessesary use of appostraphies!
Here's a good link about springpoles http://www.workingpitbull.com/springpolegallery.html

dab_20
06-24-2006, 03:08 PM
I also agree they are probably bybs. What's up with the songs? The females page has a song all about 'bitches'. :rolleyes: They shouldn't be trying to make their heads bigger or shorter legs. I really like it when pits are like Ebony and Jada, as said before. :)

k9krazee
06-24-2006, 03:21 PM
If they were fighting dogs they wouldn't be cuddling on the couch or sharing a cage with another dog, lol.

I'd like to get a springpole for Mini, I know she'd enjoy it. We used to have a rope hanging on one of the trees and she loved to play and 'wrestle' with it, it was very cute.

They should be trying to make their heads bigger or shorter legs.

Uh, I hope you meant shouldn't ;)

dab_20
06-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Uh, I hope you meant shouldn't ;)

Yes!! That's what I meant... got to go change that.

BC_MoM
06-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, if this is what you call pit fighting..

http://www.indigopitskennel.com/sleepy.JPG
hehe.. that's just so adorable! :D

Look! They have that poor pup pinned! ;)

Roxyluvsme13
06-24-2006, 05:06 PM
They sell their puppies for $800, and I didn't even see any champions in the parents.. :confused:.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-25-2006, 08:32 AM
They sell their puppies for $800, and I didn't even see any champions in the parents.. :confused:.
Yeah... I saw that too... we didin't even pay $500 for the two times I got my girls...
Some breeders... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BC_MoM
06-25-2006, 12:33 PM
They have extremely bad grammar as well.

I think this family is trying to make a living off of Pitbulls. It's so sad. :(

bckrazy
06-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Eww WTH. Some of the songs on that website (esp the female page) are freakin disgusting! Those people are trashy, for real. I love that they try to act like they're a nice "family" business with all of the kid pictures... meanwhile they're dogs are chained, their site is super-offensive, and they breed for nothing but exaggerated fighting Pit looks.

dab_20
06-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Eww WTH. Some of the songs on that website (esp the female page) are freakin disgusting! Those people are trashy, for real. I love that they try to act like they're a nice "family" business with all of the kid pictures... meanwhile they're dogs are chained, their site is super-offensive, and they breed for nothing but exaggerated fighting Pit looks.

I know I mentioned about the song on the female page before. It's really disgusting.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I really think that I should send an e-mail to them, but would someone like to word it for me? (Nothing to offensive, though).. ;)

Roxyluvsme13
06-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Well.. I could word it, or at least try...

To who it may concern:
Hi, My pet forum and myself have been looking at your site, and I don't mean to sound cruel or rude or anything, but I have a few comments about your site and your Pits. First of all, I find some of the music a bit offensive. You may like it, but alot of people like myself find it very offensive, especially on a site such as this. Second off, I find it quite hard to read your writing sometimes. I guess you want to have your site look a bit more professional, so how about a spell checker? :) Third, and most importantly, it looks as though you enjoy breeding your dogs, but I think you do it for all the wrong reasons. I don't really see any Champion lines in your dog's pedigree, so What's the use of breeding them? :confused: They do look extremely happy though, but do you show? Are they champions? Why do you breed them? You may think you're bettering the breed, but I honestly think you're not. As I said I'm not trying to sound rude, I'm just trying to offer some advice.

Sincerely,
So and So..

dab_20
06-25-2006, 08:23 PM
I think that is worded very good, Briana!

AllAmericanPUP
06-26-2006, 11:01 AM
dog fighter? no
stupid ignorant breeder? yep

i made a spring pole but i couldnt get Eli's lazy butt to play with it lol but ozzy and barkley loved the thing.

Flatcoatluver
06-26-2006, 11:41 AM
I find all the music on the page offensive. He removed the female music.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-26-2006, 06:02 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/indigopitskennel/guestbook.htm

I signed their guestbook.... look what people are saying about me! :( Ah well... THEY are the stupid ones. And, I do love the breed!

Roxyluvsme13
06-26-2006, 06:10 PM

I signed their guestbook.... look what people are saying about me! :( Ah well... THEY are the stupid ones. And, I do love the breed!
I replied.

Listen. Apparently you are the people who don't know a thing about the breed. Those are not what pit bulls are supposed to look like. Oh I see you like music that talks about dogs being bitches. RIGHT. Why would we be jealous of dogs like these that aren't even show quality? I wouldn't pay $800 for them. I do love the breed, but they're not meant to be turned into Hippopotamuses. Read up on the breed before you start saying things about other people's opinions. And I honestly don't care what you're going to say to my reply, because it's the truth.

I may have been a little harsh but BYB's erk me to the 10th dimension.

dab_20
06-26-2006, 06:13 PM

I also signed there guestbook backing you up. :)

EDIT: Looks like someone (prolly from PT) answered before me. They worded it well.
EDIT: Oh! It's you, Bri. lol

Roxyluvsme13
06-26-2006, 06:17 PM
I also signed there guestbook backing you up. :)

EDIT: Looks like someone (prolly from PT) answered before me. They worded it well.
EDIT: Oh! It's you, Bri. lol
lol. Yeah. I was a bit harsh, but I was mainly referring to the butts who posted after LabLoverKEB.

Flatcoatluver
06-26-2006, 06:21 PM
AWW I am so proud of pt!!!

dab_20
06-26-2006, 06:24 PM
lol. Yeah. I was a bit harsh, but I was mainly referring to the butts who posted after LabLoverKEB.

Yah, they were very rude. I think you were just telling them the truth, they need to hear it.

dab_20
06-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Wow I recieved quite a rude email :mad:

This is what the person on the site sent me: (I will star the swear words)
Ok a**holes if you knew anything about this f*** breed you would know that the f*** chaos dogs have huge heads and and huge bonestructure for weight pulling and gameness and the gotty breed if for show but since you all know everything i guess there is no getting through to you anyway lets see your dogs and all these perfect dogs you have oh yeah and one other thing f*** stick i never breed anydog i have in my yard i bought everything f*** you very much so if this bothers you and all your lab lover pussies then DONT F*** LOOK

SO I replied with this:
WHO in the hell said we didn't like pit bulls? People who answered in the guest book LOVE pit bulls and were trying to educate you people on what the breed should look like. Yes, I agree they are more muscly then other breeds, but they aren't supposed to have huge chests and heads. If you researched the breeds you would know. Seriously don't email me again. I can see that we cannot get through to you, because you are biased and immature.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Wow I recieved quite a rude email :mad:

This is what the person on the site sent me: (I will star the swear words)
Ok a**holes if you knew anything about this f*** breed you would know that the f*** chaos dogs have huge heads and and huge bonestructure for weight pulling and gameness and the gotty breed if for show but since you all know everything i guess there is no getting through to you anyway lets see your dogs and all these perfect dogs you have oh yeah and one other thing f*** stick i never breed anydog i have in my yard i bought everything f*** you very much so if this bothers you and all your lab lover pussies then DONT F*** LOOK

SO I replied with this:
WHO in the hell said we didn't like pit bulls? People who answered in the guest book LOVE pit bulls and were trying to educate you people on what the breed should look like. Yes, I agree they are more muscly then other breeds, but they aren't supposed to have huge chests and heads. If you researched the breeds you would know. Seriously don't email me again. I can see that we cannot get through to you, because you are biased and immature.

Wow.... I think they really need to calm down!
I just love you guys for backing me up on this! {{{{HUGS}}}}

*Edit* They need some SERIOUS help....

dab_20
06-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Wow.... I think they really need to calm down!
I just love you guys for backing me up on this! {{{{HUGS}}}}

*Edit* They need some SERIOUS help....

I agree. No problem!! That's what PT friends are for... :)

Flatcoatluver
06-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Psst someone send him this video
click here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=107588&highlight=american)

dab_20
06-26-2006, 06:45 PM
click here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=107588&highlight=american)

I will!

*edit* I lost the email so I decided to check the site. For some reason it won't come up. :confused: I'll try later.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Hahahaha! That would be hilarious! Those poor, poor dogs! Just look at what the world has done to them. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
I will!
Thank you! Are you going to e-mail, or post it in the guestbook?

Roxyluvsme13
I replied with this.

Name:
Email: [email protected]
Date: Mon Jun 26 18:50:50 CDT 2006
My friends have recieved some horrible emails from you, and I just dare you to email me.

If they email me, I have a mouthful for them.

Kfamr
06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
I don't necessarily think "daring" them is going to get anything thru. :rolleyes:

I don't have the time right now, but when I do I plan to write a well-thought out message to them. I wish the rest of you would take the same time to think about it, spell correctly, etc. before e-mailing these people.

You aren't going to change their views with such replies given so far.

K9soul
06-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Honestly I think all you are doing is inflaming these people, they aren't going to suddenly "see the light" because of a post in their guest book. Frankly with receiving an email like that, I'd be a bit leery of them. The best you can do really is spread the word to anyone interested in pits that this is not a good breeder.

Also as far as champions in the pedigree... that could be because the APBT is not recognized as an official breed in the AKC conformation rings, thus you cannot have a champion APBT (in conformation). You can have champion staffies, and the UKC considers staffies to be APBT, so if you had a champion staffordshire terrier registered in the AKC, you could then dual register it in the UKC as an American Pit Bull Terrier, since the UKC, as I said, considers staffies to be pits. Only then could they have champions in their pedigree, and they'd be considered by the AKC to be staffies and not pits.

As far as conformation, well I happen to believe a lot of dogs have been "ruined" from their original forms and that includes champion dogs that the AKC considers to be beautiful! Most breeds have changed in appearance from the original working dogs they started out as. It's always a shame, but I would not go to a pug breeder site and start bashing them about breeding their pugs for their smashed in faces and lecturing about how it causes breathing problems..

Anyway that's my 2 cents. I don't like the site or how they breed, but I'd never consider going to lecture them just to start an argument and have to read/listen to their profanity. I'd leave them be.

edit: Was typing as you were posting Kay. Yes I believe a well thought out, with good spelling and noninflammatory statements would be best if one were to try to talk to these people.

dab_20
06-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Thank you! Are you going to e-mail, or post it in the guestbook?

Well it's really not working, so if you want to thats fine.

If they email me back I won't email them. I figure it's best to leave them alone as you said. Not really good with wording or anything, so if anyone was going to email them I've decided I probably shouldn't again. lol

Jadapit
06-26-2006, 07:01 PM
I agree Kay, I have been thinking about doing the same thing but I want to be mature about the whole thing and not stoop to their level. I am a grown woman you know. Lol.

Girls, these people are *punks* a reputable pit bull breeder (any dog breeder for that matter) would not reply back to peoples thoughts with that kind of attitude or language. If they were breeding to better the breed they would have something to argue about but they aren't, that’s apparent. They probably do love the breed in their own way, but it looks to me like they are breeding to be a bunch of bad asses. That’s NO reason to breed a dog. So many young guys buy, breed and sell pits because they think its cool. It a sad but true fact. I'm going to continue thinking what I really want to say to them I doubt much is going to get through to those people from the sounds of it. Sad... :(

*LabLoverKEB*
06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah... Kfamr, K9Soul, & Jadapit have a good point... we really shouldn't be 'messing' with these people. Sorry, you guys are right. It's mostly my fault... Again, sorry. :o :o

dab_20
06-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah... Kfamr, K9Soul, & Jadapit have a good point... we really shouldn't be 'messing' with these people. Sorry, you guys are right. It's mostly my fault... Again, sorry. :o :o

No, it wasn't your fault. I really shoulden't have emailed them back. I have to agree will all of you. I should've just left it to Kay, K9Soul, and Jadapit, and/or someone who could've worded it better. Sorry.

bckrazy
06-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Jessica, about Pits not being shown, their dogs are UKC registered... so they have no excuse for not exhibiting their dogs in anything. No mention of pulling or working titles. The most work they do is hang from a branch in the backyard, whoop-dee-doo! =0) My dog does the same, he isn't a Pit nor is he suitable to produce puppies because of it.

IMHO, flooding their guestbook and sending angry e-mails will not do a thing. Since this "breeder" joins pet message boards, hopefully people on the board can get it through to him in a well-informed, conscienscous way that how he breeds his dogs is just not acceptable. I have to agree, though, he sounds like a total jerk and he is NOT alone in his horrible breeding practices!

dab_20
06-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Well this person did email me back apologizing for freaking out.

Flatcoatluver
06-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Since this "breeder" joins pet message boards, hopefully people on the board can get it through to him in a well-informed, conscienscous way that how he breeds his dogs is just not acceptable.
My forum that he joined is talkpets.com, the fourms quote is "A forum about responsible pet ownership". He replied in the intro section and advertised his kennel. That thread got dealted the next day.

BC_MoM
06-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Did someone from PT post this or is this a real breeder:

Name: Anya Lasin
Date: Mon Jun 26 19:32:38 CDT 2006
Hello.

I, myself, am I Pitbull breeder and have been for the past 15 years. Pitbulls are wonderful, loving dogs, and a great choice of breed for someone who has the time, energy, and money to put into training and care.

I agree with some of the signers in your Guestbook; some of the songs on this website are in poor taste. It's not good for business, in my honest opinion. You should have something more appropriate for all ears. Imagine how many potential buyers you are turning away with this offensive music.

Now, your Pitbulls look nothing like mine. Your breeding for the WRONG reasons. My Pitbulls have small heads and chests, no where near the size of yours - they are not supposed to be large dogs.

You should only be breeding if you own the best of the breed: excellent temperaments, perfect health.. you get the picture.

You may be educated and know about raising Pitbulls, but you're a little lost on how to breed them.

I am more than willing to answer any questions yo

Name: Anya Lasin
Date: Mon Jun 26 19:32:31 CDT 2006
My post got cut off. Here is the rest of what I said:

I am more than willing to answer any questions you may have and can offer you loads of free advice. I have posted my email, feel free to contact me at anytime.

dab_20
06-26-2006, 07:47 PM
I don't think anyone from PT posted that.

Roxyluvsme13
06-26-2006, 07:48 PM
She said it pretty good though.

K9soul
06-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Jessica, about Pits not being shown, their dogs are UKC registered... so they have no excuse for not exhibiting their dogs in anything.

Ah I didn't really look too closely, the music annoyed me too much LOL. But if they are UKC registered, then they ARE American Staffordshire terriers and you are right they should have conformation titles at the least, if no working titles. I was just explaining why an APBT can not be called thus and have an AKC championship title in conformation.

I'm glad that the person apologized. That e-mail was outrageous and infantile. But I also still feel negative comments in their guest book will not do anything other than inflame people. I'm glad you guys are reconsidering in posting more there for now :)

edit: The letter bcmom quoted is more along the lines of how I think it should be addressed. I think it's especially good if it comes from a true pittie or staffie breeder.

K9soul
06-26-2006, 07:52 PM
My forum that he joined is talkpets.com, the fourms quote is "A forum about responsible pet ownership". He replied in the intro section and advertised his kennel. That thread got dealted the next day.

Yeah Jw doesn't put up with that at all. I post/browse there occasionally :)

Flatcoatluver
06-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah Jw doesn't put up with that at all. I post/browse there occasionally :)
weird I didn't even know you are on there, good to know I will have to look out for your post.

dab_20
06-26-2006, 08:17 PM
edit: The letter bcmom quoted is more along the lines of how I think it should be addressed. I think it's especially good if it comes from a true pittie or staffie breeder.

That's a good idea. Maybe s/he will take it more into consideration if it's from someone who also works with the breed.

Roxyluvsme13
06-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm on TalkPets, too! That reminds me I need to go back and post some more.. o.O

CagneyDog
06-26-2006, 08:37 PM
You guys have turned this into something fairly immature.

I'll be looking forward to Kay's email to him.

Roxyluvsme13
06-26-2006, 08:39 PM
You guys have turned this into something fairly immature.

I'll be looking forward to Kay's email to him.
I don't see how we've turned it into something immature. They're the ones who are being immature calling us jealous. :rolleyes: