PDA

View Full Version : When it rains, it pours.

catnapper
06-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Ugh!

We're financially struggling. We seem to get hit with one unexpected bill after another. 2 months ago, I need $400 worth of new tires on my car. Last month, it was $400 again, only this time I needed breaks. This month, I found out the heating element on the dryer broke and the repair buy charges $60 just to come LOOK at the dryer, then we'll add parts and who knows how much for labor. We can buy a new dryer for that! So... off dryer shopping.

But wait.

The sewer backed up into our basement last night. Don't even ask what thats like. Thank God the basement was clean and nothing was on the floor to get ruined. We're currently waiting for the plumber... after we tried to fix it ourselves by renting a snake and pouring main line drain opener into the pipes. Oh yeah, the rental and the liquid cost us $70.. and it didn't work. I don't even want to kow what the plumber will cost.

There goes my new clothes dryer. And my new eyeglasses (which I desperately NEED) and my car needs to be inspected by the end of July... and the bill for the baby hasn't shown up yet.

Can I cry?

JenBKR
06-23-2006, 02:51 PM
(((hugs))) oh I know exactly how you feel, the same thing seems to happen to me all the time! It's one thing after another, and honestly sometimes I don't know how we make it through. But we do, and you will too, even though it's hard to see right now. That does seem like a lot all at once, and it can really boggle your mind!

ramanth
06-23-2006, 03:23 PM
*HUGS*

I hope the sun comes out for you soon!

caseysmom
06-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Kim, Your husband can easily change the heating element...my hubby did it in my old dryer and it was only about 30 dollars for the part. If he goes into a appliace parts shop they will even tell him how.

catnapper
06-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Kim, Your husband can easily change the heating element...my hubby did it in my old dryer and it was only about 30 dollars for the part. If he goes into a appliace parts shop they will even tell him how.
LOL... I would be better in changing it! He THINKS he can do home repair but can't. But I won't tell him that ;) Seriously, is it easy to fix the heating element ourselves? I'd hate to spend $30 on the part and it not work. Only more money we would be throwing away in the attempt to save money.

Laura's Babies
06-23-2006, 03:33 PM
I think they are fairly easy to replace and maybe you can find a friend or neighbor that could actually do it for you?

(BTW, YES, you can cry now if you want to!)

lv4dogs
06-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Gosh do I know how you feel. If you read my lj (aka venting place) you'll see what I am talking about, and thats not even half of my problems that happen. (do't want to scare off friends).

Up until 4 years ago my luck was nothing but awesome even though I was in a terrible relationship & was not the best person. I changed drastically, for the better four years ago & now I swear only bad things happen. So much so that my nickname from friends & family is Jinx & everyones favorite slogan for me is "if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all". I swear I can not count the times that I want to break down & cry. I so want it to end.

Like right now, just this week, got both of my vehicles fixed again, hot water heater leaked, more bills came from an ex that stole my identity years ago, family members dieing, friend living with me who promised to pay rent & food & hasn't paid me a penny.
I am honestly so broke that I am not sure how I am going to get through this week. To top it off I have my nieces & nephews this weekend & have to get extra groceries.

{{{{GROUP HUG}}}} for all of us in the same boat.

dappledoxie
06-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh no! :( :( I hope things get better, thankfully my vet is letting me work and help pay off my vet bills to her, without that I don't know what I would do.

caseysmom
06-23-2006, 03:40 PM
My brother works on appliances and trust me, my husband is not handy at all but he has told him what to do and he does pretty good.

Most dryers are pretty simple, you can unplug the dryer and unscrew the back and there are only a few parts. If your not comfortable you can go talk to someone at an appliance repair store.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Ugh!

We're financially struggling. We seem to get hit with one unexpected bill after another. 2 months ago, I need $400 worth of new tires on my car. Last month, it was $400 again, only this time I needed breaks. This month, I found out the heating element on the dryer broke and the repair buy charges $60 just to come LOOK at the dryer, then we'll add parts and who knows how much for labor. We can buy a new dryer for that! So... off dryer shopping.

But wait.

The sewer backed up into our basement last night. Don't even ask what thats like. Thank God the basement was clean and nothing was on the floor to get ruined. We're currently waiting for the plumber... after we tried to fix it ourselves by renting a snake and pouring main line drain opener into the pipes. Oh yeah, the rental and the liquid cost us $70.. and it didn't work. I don't even want to kow what the plumber will cost.

There goes my new clothes dryer. And my new eyeglasses (which I desperately NEED) and my car needs to be inspected by the end of July... and the bill for the baby hasn't shown up yet.

Can I cry?

Can I cry with you? I'm in the same sinking ship.

I totally relate to the sewage in the basement. That's why I had to move.
Now my car is broken and it would cost way too much to fix, if it could even be fixed. No way can I buy another at this time. So I'm carless with no close friends or family in town. I will have to take the bus to get supplies and kitty litter and food and such.

Doctor bills are stacking up and..... well, I just am trying not to think of everything. It's too depressing!!!

Hope things turn around for you soon. :(

Pam
06-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Kim I am sorry that you are having to go through this. Yes, it does seem often that when it rains it pours. I am not trying to minimalize your sufferings (I do feel for you - I really do!) but in the scheme of things I have come to believe if you have your health you have everything. Come what may, with a healthy body you can move forward. My co-worker just went in to have a mass in her breast biopsied. Now today I find that another co-worker's pap came back abnormal. Thank God that little Cameron Nicholas and Ashley are just fine and your health (aside from the need for new glasses :) ) and that of your family's is fine. I hope somehow things will turn around soon for you in the financial area too. (((hugs)))

Sevaede
06-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Aw, *hugs*. :( I'm so sorry.

I know how you feel. There are so many things piling up and it just feels never ending. I believe that all of our (yours, mine, and everyone elses) end results will be well worth it. :)

jenluckenbach
06-24-2006, 04:56 AM
:( :( :( I am so sorry. Unbelievable streak of bad luck! I wish I had words of wisdom, but I believe things WILL work out in the end. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

carole
06-24-2006, 05:25 AM
Kim I am sorry to hear you are going through a difficult patch financially, i know how stressful that can be, so yep hon cry all you want, hopefully those tears will turn into tears of joy as something you are not expecting will happen and turn things around for you and soon, well here's hoping, i know how it is to need new glasses, i waited five years too long, if its any consolation now i finally have them, and i am having trouble with them, and had to have my eyes re-tested and they will put a slightly different prescription in them, so you see sometimes you wait for things and even when you get them they are not as great as you expected.

Take care Kim and fingers and paws crossed for a breakthrough, and enjoy that beautiful grandson of yours to the max.