Glacier
06-23-2006, 01:08 PM
These two are so much alike!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/pingoball.jpg
Pingo lounging in the yard.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/sundinwillow.jpg
Her son, Sundin, lounging in his pen.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/pingoball2.jpg
Pingo hordes toys. Well, she hordes anything she can carry into her doghouse, but she's partial to tennis balls. I clean her house out every couple days so the other dogs get a chance to play with the toys too!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/sundinball.jpg
Sundin is also a horder! He has a fixation with toys. I think because he's never had any before. He doesn't really know how to play with them. He just carries them around all day and hides all the other ones in his house!

Like mother, like son!

shais_mom
06-23-2006, 01:11 PM
what beautiful dogs! :)

gemini9961
06-23-2006, 01:11 PM
LOL. Their bodies are very similar too, only their coloring looks different. Perhaps they differ in weight, but that's hard to tell from a picture. Sundin seems to be adjusted very well to his new house. Does Pingo know that's her son?

Glacier
06-23-2006, 01:16 PM
LOL. Their bodies are very similar too, only their coloring looks different. Perhaps they differ in weight, but that's hard to tell from a picture. Sundin seems to be adjusted very well to his new house. Does Pingo know that's her son?

I think they weigh about the same. Sundin is a little taller. Pingo is quite low to the ground! They have the same gait and same odd habits in harness too. Pingo always turns around and glares at me when we stop for too long. Sundin does the same thing.

Sundin is coming around. He hates coming in the house, freaks him right out, but he's pretty happy in the yard and his pen. He's much easier to catch now too!

I'm not sure if Pingo knows he's her son. She likes him and they get along very well. She used to flirt with him--Pingo doesn't seem to know she's spayed! Since Sundin got neutered, she's stopped that!

Husky_mom
06-23-2006, 01:37 PM
love this family!!!! they DO look a like A LOT !!!! same ears!!! its neat to see family traits passed down from parents........aint is??

cyber-sibes
06-23-2006, 01:57 PM
you can sure see that they're related! That's really interesting that they have similar habits, like the toy hording & in harness. Do Muskwa & Earle have similar habits, too?

Glacier
06-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Do Muskwa & Earle have similar habits, too?

Not so much, mainly because...hmmmm, how to put this nicely, well, because Earle is not so bright! Muskwa is too smart for his own good. He problem solves. Course what he thinks are problems (the fence, how to open the gates, how to get to the food ect) are not always things I want him to solve. Muskwa is very dominant, a true alpha male. Earle doesn't have a dominant bone in his body. My five pound, handicapped cat can dominate Earle if she wants to! Earle does not problem solve. He's not bright enough to realize that anything is a problem! Earle has never missed a meal. Muskwa eats every third day. Muskwa whines alot, Earle wooos, but almost never whines.

Muskwa and Hoodoo were more alike. Hoodoo inherited his Dad's brains and if he had lived longer, he would have taken over as alpha male. Muskwa is aging and there is some competition right now about who gets to be the boss dog. Hoodoo was always second in command when he was alive. They even looked more alike as Hoodoo had the same delicate facial structure.

Husky_mom
06-23-2006, 04:18 PM
maybe he IS BRIGHT ENOUGH to live in peace without having to find out who´s the boss, or caring for food as it will be served without him trying to "solve " that "problem" LOL.........i think he lives really relaxed..... :D

Ginger's Mom
06-23-2006, 04:18 PM
It's pretty funny, and interesting to see how/what traits are passed along. The hoarding and the desire to keep moving when working. Cute. :)
LOL, poor Earle, he gets no respect. :D It's okay, I know he charms everyone with his good nature.

Glacier
06-23-2006, 04:29 PM
maybe he IS BRIGHT ENOUGH to live in peace without having to find out who´s the boss, or caring for food as it will be served without him trying to "solve " that "problem" LOL.........i think he lives really relaxed..... :D

Stuart believes that Earle is the smartest dog we have and he just plays dumb because it's easier! He might be right. It does get Earle things. We are going to a BBQ tonight and Earle gets to come because without a doubt he will get along with our friend's dog and he'll stick around. There would be some doubt if we took Muskwa!

I believe Earle truly doesn't care or worry about anything, especially his place in the pack order. Earle has never had a bad day in his life. He's never known a day when he didn't get fed, loved on, played with ect. All the other dogs get along with him, even Kayleigh tolerates Earle. He just assumes (rightly) that those things will keep happening, so what's he got to worry about!?

Earle is a much better working dog than Muskwa ever was! Muskwa always tried to go his own way, pick the trail and he had to run up front(Even though he lacked command leader skills). Earle likes to pull and pull hard all day long. Doesn't care where he goes or where he runs in the team, just likes to run!

A yard full of dogs like Earle would be much more peaceful and easy to manage than a yard full of Muskwa clones! Sometimes being a little dumb is a good thing!

lute
06-23-2006, 06:09 PM
they do look a lot alike! cuties!

zoomer
06-23-2006, 09:23 PM
They're defienetly beautiful boys!

captain
06-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Beautiful pics,

AND

I love the Earle and Muskwa story - what a legend Earle is - "plays dumb because it's easier" :D That made me laugh ...