PDA

View Full Version : A Lion In the House

elizabethann
06-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Did anybody watch this PBS special? It was on last night. OMG...it was soooo sad. It's about children diagnosed with cancer. I just cried & cried. These kids & their families have so much courage to try & fight the disease. My heart goes out to them.

If you haven't seen this special, I encourage you to watch it.

I put this in Dog House because I didn't want to upset anybody who'se been through this.

king2005
06-26-2006, 03:55 PM
My childhood friend of 21yrs old died of 6+ cancers :( His mother was by his side the whole year.

jesse_3
06-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Cancer is one of the most horrible words, and diseases in the world I think:( That family, along with many others will be in my prayers...

moosmom
06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I missed it, unfortunately.

But...I have my own happy ending. My daughter, Amy, was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor at the age of 16. I am happy to report that she is a 14 year cancer survivor. She is now a vibrant, happy 30 year old who has a job and is living on her own. She is MY hero!!

Cincy'sMom
06-26-2006, 08:56 PM
I did not see the special, but we also have a happy ending story. My nephew (Ralph's sister's 3rd oldest out of 4 boys), was diagnosed with bone cancer when he was 5 years old. He has been in remission for almost 7 years! ( 5 years remission is considred cured)

sasvermont
06-27-2006, 07:19 AM
I have seen it twice! Cinn Childrens is where little Samantha and family spent so much time.

The stories were so moving. I cried both times and couldn't stop watching.