PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wonder what's happened to a "lost" cat?

tricollie4me
06-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Several weeks ago, I was out in my front yard gardening with the kids. Two people were walking down my street and told me they'd lost their little cat, "Faye" who was about a year old, the night before. Evidently, she ran out the door in the evening and they hadn't seen her since. We talked about her coloring and I asked permission to feed her if I saw her, in order to entice her to come closer (they said yes) and then they added, "she doesn't have any tags or anything."

Now, I know some of you don't keep collars/tags on your cats because of tragic experiences with and/or valid concerns of choking, but I haven't been able to keep little lost Faye out of my mind. I don't know if she was found, I don't know if she's still out there lost and perhaps even hurt -- I don't know anything. I can't imagine how this couple must be feeling (assuming Faye is still at large). Everytime I'm outside, I take a look around to see if she perhaps ended up near my house. I guess I just wondered if you've ever been asked to help look for a lost pet and then never known how things turned out...I have a feeling I'll always be looking for Faye :( I just keep hoping that even as I continue to search, she's tucked up cozy and warm in her home, back where she belongs...

Thanks for letting me share.

catmandu
06-23-2006, 08:33 AM
I wonder all the time about Scratchy, the Porch Cat who was on the Porch every day, for a long time.
And I worry that the new Porch is keeping him away, although he disappeared a while before the new Porch went up.
If one of my Cats disappeared I would worry forever.

Laura's Babies
06-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Like I will alway worry about the little kitten I called Lil River. Maybe you will see them again and can ask if they found her.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I've never lost a cat. But I often think about the humans where Maya was before she came to us! She was found by people owning a non-kill rescue center. They looked for the owners , but when nobody turned up after 4 weeks, she was ready for adoption: US!! I hope that those people can feel that Maya is a happy cat :)

catmandu
06-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Sadly to so many people its only a Cat.
They think more of thier TVS, and stereos than a creature of God.
Mans creations are temporary.
Our Cats are Furr Ever!

G535
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I lost a cat over thirty years ago, he broke through a fly screen. I won't go through the experience again by writing about it but even now when I see a large red tabby with white feet I wonder if it's him, then common sense prevails and I realize it couldn't possibly be the same cat. :(