PDA

View Full Version : Iams Wet Food-New Formula?

chakramama
06-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Greetings.
I have two wonderful cats, one rescue and one persian. My vet put my persian, Maxwell, on what we call the "Catkins" diet. Wet food, that is, to help him lose weight and avoid health issues.

Here's the issue: after a rocky transition (not eating for a few days), Maxwell and Sonny both settled in and starting eat their wet food with enthusiasm.

Maxwell lost the weight he needed and now is quite frisky and a great deal more active than in years past.

Apparently Iams has changed the formula in their wet food. It's looking a great deal more watery/broth laden and is, well, soggy. The occasional can seemed not to go over well, was partially eaten.

The last batch we got from the market: beef-they won't smell or touch it. Chicken, a few nibbles.

Anyone else with the same problem, any suggestions?

Cheers, chakramama

Laura's Babies
06-22-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't have any experience with that problem but my first thought would be to call or email them to complain! I hate changes as much as the kitties do and whenever a product I use gets changed to the "new and improved" stuff that isn't half as good as the older version, I let them know it.

Also, it could be a bad or outdated batch but in any case, I would call and raise cane with them.

catmandu
06-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I havent bought thier canned for a while, as the Cats love the Whiskas Chicken and Liver, and Beef and Chicken, and wont touch the Fancy canned food at all.
They love thier Sheba, and Fancy Feast!