PDA

View Full Version : Walking more then one dog...

dab_20
06-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Have any of you tried those leashes that, like, divide into two so you can easily walk two dogs? Do you think it is easier?

My Peanuts
06-22-2006, 02:03 PM
You mean a splitter? I use it and I swear it's sent from heaven! :D

IRescue452
06-22-2006, 02:04 PM
I know them as coupling leads, yes I have one, they are very nice. The local 4-h cub has a obedence show at the fair each year and they have a coupling section were the kids show two dogs at once. Its very fun to watch.

cali
06-22-2006, 02:05 PM
I use a coupler when biking with Happy and Misty together, that is about the only time I have Happy on a leash, having them on the coupler makes it easier to keep track of both at once, and because Happy does not pull, it lessens the strain.

elizabethann
06-22-2006, 02:07 PM
I had to use this type of leash one day when a friend's Aunt suddenly passed away. She asked if I could walk her dogs. I used the double leash because I thought it would be easier. Technically, it is - the leash didn't get tangled up. However, when one dog went to poop or pee, the other dog pulled making the pooping/peeing dog lose it's balance and/or not finish what it was doing. I didn't realize that would happen. I told my friend about it and she said it happens all the time and she tries not to use that type of leash too much.

WarahGirl1995
06-22-2006, 02:08 PM
I have one, they work well as long as the dogs can stand going to same pace so one isn't choking the other to death

dab_20
06-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. If I can find one I might try it out.