PDA

View Full Version : Adoption Update

prechrswife
06-22-2006, 11:19 AM
I just thought I would update everyone with a little happy adoption news for a change. The June batch of referrals have been mailed from China. Our referral is not in that batch, but barring the unexpected, we should hear something in July. If we get our referral (pictures and info about Mary Joyce) in July, then we would travel to China sometime around September. We're actually getting close now! :D

kuhio98
06-22-2006, 11:39 AM
All fingers and paws are still crossed. Can't wait until Mary Joyce is safe in your arms.

My Peanuts
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Wonderful news! I'm so excited for you. In a few years I plan to start adoption proceedings. :) I’m 25 years old and unmarried, but when I get a little more financially stable China is one of the countries I’m thinking about going to. Thanks for the update!

jackie
06-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I wish you all the luck in the world! :)

finn's mom
06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
How old is Mary Joyce, now? I'm sorry if this has already been said, if it has, I missed it! That's exciting, not long now!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Good luck!! I cannot wait to see your little Mary Joyce in your arms!!

prechrswife
06-22-2006, 12:07 PM
How old is Mary Joyce, now? I'm sorry if this has already been said, if it has, I missed it! That's exciting, not long now!

We don't know yet. That is part of what we will learn from the referral. Best guess would be somewhere between 8 months and a year when she comes home in September. (China is a country where adoptive families are matched with a child, and the matching is done fairly late in the process. Some countries, like Guatemala, match sooner, but the wait is longer. In some countries, you get to choose the child. In China, you only get to choose if you are adopting a waiting (special needs) child, which we are not doing this time.)

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-22-2006, 12:17 PM
WOW!! HOW EXCITING!!

Gosh it seems like it is taking forever!! I bet it is refreshing to be getting some news!

September is really *not that far* away!! OH BOY!!!! :D

chrangharris
06-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah!!! Praying for you guys! :D

Cataholic
06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
WOW! You are "due" in September..a VERY lovely month. I cannot WAIT to see the first pic...

Logan
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM
I have often wondered about your process, but hated to come out and ask you.

My cousin and his wife are getting ready to adopt their second daughter from China in the coming months. And we have good friends who were just put on "delay" because apparently the Chinese have decided that keeping a few girls around is not a bad thing. :(

I hope that you will get the confirmation in July!!!! You have been so patient and deserve to have "Mary Joyce" in your home sooner than later!

Logan

prechrswife
06-22-2006, 02:15 PM
I have often wondered about your process, but hated to come out and ask you.

My cousin and his wife are getting ready to adopt their second daughter from China in the coming months. And we have good friends who were just put on "delay" because apparently the Chinese have decided that keeping a few girls around is not a bad thing. :(

I hope that you will get the confirmation in July!!!! You have been so patient and deserve to have "Mary Joyce" in your home sooner than later!

Logan

It isn't so much that they were put on "delay," as it is that the process has slowed down for everyone. One of the major reasons is that there have been many more applications to adopt, and there are basically the same number of babies available for adoption. There are other reasons and speculated reasons, too, but the pace seems to be leveling out a little bit, thankfully.

Karen
06-22-2006, 03:38 PM
So excited for you that you may get paperwork in July, and your baby girl in September or so ... gosh, with all these boy babies being born to Pet Talk families, Mary Joyce is gonna be our girl representative! ;) At least until Misha's baby sister makes HER appearance, anyway! She'll have her choice of baby beaus! ;)

RobiLee
06-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Keeping you in my prayers and can't wait to see those first pics of Mary Joyce. :)