PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Day Weather... help! ;)

ramanth
06-22-2006, 10:35 AM
*EDIT* Just wanted to say that I'm more calm now believe it or not with 5 days to go. There are just some things you can't control and it will be a fabulous day no matter what and I can't wait to tell you guys all about it. :D Thanks for putting up with my posts! ;)

In a matter of 12 hours, my wedding day forecast went from Sunny Skies, to Scattered Showers, to now Scattered Thunderstorms. :eek:

Wedding Day Weather (http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/weddings?t=MTAxODA3ODA2MCxJZVR5d25pcWp1anBJU0JPQkk 5M2tsQ3Vz)

I don't mind rain. Rain is good luck. But I have to walk outside from my changing area over a little dirt road to get to the Tabernacle and doing so in a torrential downpour with thunder and lightning, ect., ad nauseum... is going to be tricky.

Doing a sunshine dance....doing a sunshine dance.... :D :o

Sun for the ceremony. One hour...that's all I need. Then it can rain, rain, rain if it wants.

*laughs*

Samantha Puppy
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
On my wedding day, we had torrential rain. all. day. long. It didn't get out of the 50s, so it was a cold rain. What month did we get married? March? No no no. June. So I feel your pain.

Just remember, if the only thing that goes wrong on your wedding day is rain, you're lucky. Imagine if your church or reception site burned down today. That's what happened to me the Thursday before my wedding.

Corinna
06-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Better rent a golf cart with a canopy! Good thoughts for you kimmy and Andy

Karen
06-22-2006, 10:54 AM
I'll be wishing for sunny weather for you, Kimmy, and for the rain to start after the recpetion is underway! ;)

Maresche
06-22-2006, 10:57 AM
It was sunny and in the 80s when we got married. Did we get married in June? Nope, late October!

I'll be thinking non-thunderstorming thoughts for your Big day!

ramanth
06-22-2006, 11:14 AM
On my wedding day, we had torrential rain. all. day. long. It didn't get out of the 50s, so it was a cold rain. What month did we get married? March? No no no. June. So I feel your pain.

Just remember, if the only thing that goes wrong on your wedding day is rain, you're lucky. Imagine if your church or reception site burned down today. That's what happened to me the Thursday before my wedding.
EEk! I know it could be a lot worse. I've been stress free pretty much during the whole planning so I figured I could let myself freak out over this. ;)

I'm going to go Bridezilla!! :rolleyes: :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-22-2006, 11:23 AM
I can't believe your wedding day is almost here! Weather predictions are just predictions....Just have fun! :D :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-22-2006, 11:57 AM
We married in mid August, and it was raining too! All our pics have a grey sky :D
Good luck on your big day, Kim!!

beeniesmom
06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
We married in May and it was a great day but, unbeknowst to me, our cake was destroyed on the way to the reception. My MIL ran to Publix and got another one ... and I never even knew until a few days after. It was actually really good and I couldn't believe that Publix has them ready to be sold at such a short notice.
I will hope for sunny skies and a beautiful day!
Congratulations.

ramanth
06-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Oh dear!

Our cake is coming from WalMart. Good cake for cheap. :D We have to pick it up and set it up.

It's what my sister did and I think it tuned out great. (Pic attached)

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Your ticker is right isn't it.. how can they be so sure what the weather will be like in a week??????

OH WELL.. try not to worry too much. It is going to be beautiful.. :)

My Peanuts
06-22-2006, 12:57 PM
You still have some time and this is one time when I'm glad to say that the weather people are ALWAYS wrong. I bet it changes at least 5 more times in the next week. :)

Giselle
06-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Don't worry. I was planning an outside picnic-type activity on a day when ALL the weather channels and websites predicted an 80% chance of full-blown thunderstorms. On that day, we walked outside to find a sunny, albeit chilly, afternoon.

The weather people are always wrong ;)

Logan
06-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing as Sara. A week and two days is a long time away and weather reports can definitely change........and you can adjust somehow, however you need to Kimmy. I'm sure of it!!! Rain does not make or break a wedding and somehow, some way, you'll find a way to make that crossing, even if it is raining. I'm just sure of it!!!! :)

Congratulations to you and Andy!

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Like everyone else....it's too early to start worrying about this now. Actually, if they are saying rain already, there's a good chance it will actually turn out to be dry when the day finally gets here. ;)

However, if it does rain, for you to cross that dirt road, could you maybe find some kind of cheap runner (rug) that you could throw down right before you cross so you don't get shoes and dress all muddy? Too bad you don't have to cross it after the wedding, then Andy could just carry you. Good practice for carrying you across the threshold. ;) :D

ramanth
06-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Haha! His goal was to gain enough weight to pick me up, but that didn't happen. :rolleyes: :p ;)

Ah well.

I know it's far to early to worry..but everything else is done and I'm stress free that I had to find SOMETHING to freak out about! :o :D

Karen
06-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Hey, Kimmy? Any chance, if it does indeed look like rain for that day, you could buy and donate a couple bags of marble chips (not too 'spensive at Home Depot) or other nice gravel, so you'll be walking across stones instead of mud? Dunno how long a trek it is - but I'm sticking with my wishes for the rain to hold off until after you've made the crossing.

Sevaede
06-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Yes, I have to go with what everyone else said. The weather can change in a short amount of time. So, here's hoping that the weather will be as good for yours as it was for mine! :D

captain
06-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Kimmy,

I live in the Southern Hemisphere, so on my wedding day in August, there was always a chance of rain.

In the morning, it threatened, then cleared enough for me to walk OUT IN THE OPEN, did the ceremony, tooks pics, ........... and then it bucketed down for about 4 hours :D

So, fingers crossed for you!!!! I am sure it will be WONDERFUL no matter what.
And I LOVED your sister's cake!

Rachel
06-23-2006, 07:04 AM
so you don't get shoes and dress all muddy:D

If there is a chance of rain that day, have a pair of plastic sandles available to slip on while making *the crossing* (and carry your wedding shoes). Lift the dress. A few contingency plans will ease your mind, but probably won't be necessary because Pet Talkers are going to be wishing you the most beautiful day possible for *our Kimmy*.

Your sister's wedding cake was beautiful!

RobiLee
06-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Well, I will certainly be doing a sunshine dance for you, Kimmy. I have no doubt that the day will be beautiful!

anna_66
06-23-2006, 08:47 AM
As someone else said earlier, those weather men are always wrong...I wouldn't believe a word they say:p:D

I'll be hoping for a nice non-rainy day for your wedding!

ramanth
06-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys!

I'll probably follow my sister's example...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/Linn%20Wedding/IMG_6775.jpg

:D

Mom teased her about that for days. ;)

Attached is the photo of the cabin my girls and I will be getting ready in (the road looks like black top but it's compacted dirt). The tabernacle is behind me. And in the tabernacle photo you see the little bit of yard I have to cross to get to where I make my entrance.

Piece of cake! :D

Rachel
06-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh, Kimmy, I can't believe that you are going to be married in a tabernacle. How absolutely wonderful! It looks almost exactly like the one at the camp grounds that was so much a part of my life as a kid (and now is long gone). What is the floor of the tablernacle? Ours was saw dust.

ramanth
06-23-2006, 12:08 PM
This one was built in the 1800's though it now has electricity in it and a cement floor.

I have photos of the inside here:

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/wedding.html

Andy and I loved how old the building was. Plus since the sides all open up, it gives us an outdoor ceremony feel with a roof over our heads. :)

cyber-sibes
06-23-2006, 10:54 PM
*sunshine dance*sunshine dance*sunshine dance!
:D Kim, Not to worry! :D
No matter what the weather,
as long as you're together,
it'll be a perfect day,
so dance away, dance away!
hugs & kisses to you, sweetie!

Rachel
06-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Kimmy, thanks for the reference. The tabernacle is a perfect place for a wedding, like you said out in the open air, yet protection in case of rain. Plus it is a little piece of history.

You are gorgeous in your gown. I was going to ask if you had any pictures of it. Your selection of bridemaids dresses is just what I would have picked, including the color. They are a bit reminiscent of a 60's style.

I know you will update this site after your wedding and I am eager to see it then. I going to bookmark it. Thanks again.

Pam
06-24-2006, 08:42 AM
How did I miss this thread! Oh Kimmy this is so exciting! I am getting all caught up in the preparations and am so happy for you. Everything looks just lovely, and I love the setting of the tabernacle. :) I wouldn't worry about the weather. There is still a lot of time for the whole forecast to change. The day my daughter got married they were predicting heavy storms all day. It was oppressively humid and you just knew those storms were coming. Well, as they were up at the altar saying their vows the rains came and we could hear the thunder, all while inside and dry in the church! :) By the time they left the church to head for the reception it was all over. :) Those of us who have been around PT for a while now, have followed your and Andy's *love story* and couldn't be happier that you will soon be Mr. and Mrs. :)

lizbud
06-24-2006, 09:49 AM
You might have to tell Andy to get ready, this might be a job for
Spiderman. :) Really, I wouldn't be too worried. We'll all pray for great
weather for you.

christa
06-24-2006, 10:24 AM
It might not be as bad as you think.

We had like a 80 percent chance of rain for our wedding day and it turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL SUNNY day!!! They almost never get it right! :)

Plus . . . I don't believe in "luck" . . . ;) . . . so just go get married and love each other as much as you can, treat each other with as much love & respect as you can and you'll be fine.

Hang in there!!!

RedHedd
06-24-2006, 11:21 AM
OK now I have LES after looking at the link you posted. You're going to be a beautiful bride. The location looks perfect. If it rains, so what? You'll have a memorable day.

moosmom
06-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Kimmy,

I wish you nothing but blue skies and sun on your big day. *doing the sunshine dance*

(((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you!!

ramanth
06-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Just wanted to say that I'm more calm now believe it or not with 5 days to go. There are just some things you can't control and it will be a fabulous day no matter what and I can't wait to tell you guys all about it. :D Thanks for putting up with my posts! ;)

And thank you all for the advice, tips, just being a listening ear....ect. :D