PDA

View Full Version : Golden Retrievers Left In Hot Car

elizabethann
06-22-2006, 07:37 AM
I went to pick Fenway up at DDC yesterday and a woman who was picking her dog up was telling the workers what happened to her that afternoon. She went to Papa Gino's at lunchtime and saw 2 GR in a hot car. One dog was panting and the other lay motionless in the backseat. Her co-worker broke the car window and somebody called the cops. One dog was dead and the other was in critical condition. When the cops got there the owner (some guy) came out of the store (not sure which store) and asked "who the f%^& broke my window?" He didn't give a rat's a$$ about his GR's. The cop tried to talk to him but he just wanted to know who broke his window. Well the guy ended up pushing the cop and was arrested. Not sure if the other GR lived.

I was so depressed after I heard that story. Those poor dogs must have been baking. What a horrible way to die.

:(

smokey the elder
06-22-2006, 08:06 AM
That is just awful! I hope he's brought up on charges for cruelty to animals and gets the max.

king2005
06-22-2006, 10:10 AM
thats horrible!

Last summer some lady left her baby in the car. A guy & his daughtor stood outside for 10 mins & no parent returned. He cam into my Post Office & said he needed police assistance right away.. I asked why, he siad baby in car, I called 911 & handed him the phone.. his daughtor (about 8-9) went to the front of the store to see if the parent had returned.

I asked the man to please keep me informed as to what is going on, so I know the baby is safe.

In total the baby was alone for about 20 mins (the man kept his eye on the baby for any signs of disstress, as it was quite hot outside).. the Mother came out of the LCBO & the man told her the cops are coming & she has to stay put.. She told him off & went into her car.. so he stood behind the car, until the cops came.. he directed the cops to her car & then came inside to tell me the story & that the cops were there dealing with the mother.

If the baby was there for 10 more mins, he was gonna break into the car, give the baby to his daughtor to bring the baby inside to us (we had A/C & baby pedialife in our store as it was a pharmacy), while he waited for the police..

We were all some angry!!

Laura's Babies
06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Wonder if those 2 idiots are related? :mad:

*LabLoverKEB*
06-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Now that just pisses me off... :mad: :mad:

jackie
06-22-2006, 06:51 PM
I happens every year, you would think people would know by now.

:(

Flatcoatluver
06-22-2006, 07:05 PM
uhh it disgust me. We were at Wal-mart when someone came up to the register and said someone left their newborn in the car without the windows down. It's horrible.

kitimom
06-24-2006, 01:45 AM
Unfortunately Nashville is notoriously known for this crap to happen way too much in the past several years. People just don't think that anything will happen.
As the the IDIOT who left his dogs in the car, HE should be locked in a hot car with the windows up for the amount of time he left those poor babies in there. And yes, HE should have to be incarcarated for the death of the dog.
Parents who leave their children in hot cars should be arrested ON THE Spot for NEGLECT and child endangerment and, in the case of a death, murder.

Alysser
06-24-2006, 10:18 AM
That's so depressing:(. The thing that really gets me is that this inccident could have easily been prevented. Seriously, people need to learn common sense. I hope that guy get some kind of charge(s) to teach him a lesson. :(

persianmom
06-27-2006, 12:39 AM
This really upsets me. Even for just a mintue of being in a hot car can be awful. How many times of you gotten in your car after it set in the sun while you were shopping or something. Whats the first think you do, turn on the car and roll down the windows. Some people really make me mad. :mad: :mad: :mad: