PDA

View Full Version : wmds? what wmds?

RICHARD
06-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Seems like 500 chem weps have turned up in Iraq.

Of course, GWB needed time to ship them over there to bolster his ratings.

Killing Zar-Wacky, was publicity ploy..

He may even try for Bin-Hidin before long.....

LOL, one of the announcers claimed that they were too old to be used.

Dude,
You go pick one up, MORON...... :mad:

--------------------

Stupid pet trick #28

Pour bleach into a dirty cat box.
Kinda like a chemwep......but on a smaller scale..

Come to think about it, I always thought the Edster is a terrorist! :eek:

smokey the elder
06-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Cat box has ammonia...bleach + ammionia = NASTY! :eek:

Bin Hidin? I like it. He's bin hidin all right. We haven't been looking very hard either. Here's hoping that some Waziri tribesman decides he'd really like to have $25 million US.

sparks19
06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Cat box has ammonia...bleach + ammionia = NASTY! :eek:

Bin Hidin? I like it. He's bin hidin all right. We haven't been looking very hard either. Here's hoping that some Waziri tribesman decides he'd really like to have $25 million US.

How do you know they havn't been looking for him? Did the news tell you that? Perhaps they ARE looking for him but aren't alerting the press because the press is STUPID and will have to tell everyone and their brother the plan. why not just write a nice hand written letter to Bin laden and anyone else they are looking for telling them where we are looking so they will know a good place to hide.

The press is our biggest enemy in this war.

Either way there are plenty of soldiers in Afghanistan. What do you suppose they are doing? Organizing a tea party in his honor?

LOL :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-22-2006, 01:49 PM
The press is our biggest enemy in this war.

Well do let's then shoot them all. Goodness knows we can count on this (or any) administration to tell us the truth, the whole truth, and nohting but the truth.... unless it isn't something they want us to hear or know...or they are lying.

On the other hand...ignorance is bliss they say....

Btw....when you say The press what does that mean??? Fox News, CNN, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal????

Well...silly me....I didn't realize it was the press that tortured, mutilated and murdered those soldiers....

or are they the enemy for reporting it????

and just a guess here...Bin Laden MIGHT know we are looking for him....with or without the press coverage. The government offering $25 million reward for his capture MIGHT gie him the idea....geez....that darn press... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sparks19
06-22-2006, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=Edwina's Secretary]Well do let's then shoot them all. Goodness knows we can count on this (or any) administration to tell us the truth, the whole truth, and nohting but the truth unless it isn't something they want us to hear or know...or they are lying.

On the other hand...ignorance is bliss they say....

Btw....when you say The press what does that mean??? Fox News, CNN, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal????

Well...silly me....I didn't realize it was the press that tortured, mutilated and murdered those soldiers....

or are they the enemy for reporting it????

and just a guess here...Bin Laden MIGHT know we are looking for him....with or without the press coverage. The government offering $25 million reward for his capture MIGHT gie him the idea....geez....that darn press... QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with reporting deaths of soldiers. Although I think you already knew that. You can't tell me you haven't sat back and watched the news and hear "they are planning on moving on to Baghdad(sp? lol) on such and such a date" or " they are moving in on this area and plan to do this" WELL why don't we just carry around big flashing signs with the game plan all mapped out for them. Maybe we should just give them a call ahead of time and say "Hey, just wanted to let you know we are on our way there so if you have something to hide better hide it before we get there"

LOL you can roll your eyes at me all you want. Putting a 25 million dollar bounty on someone is not telling them where we are looking for them and when. I'm pretty sure h e knew we would be looking for him Long before there was money offered up for it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

I think you know what I mean by the press. I mean it is pretty obvious.

While I agree you can't trust the Government about this... or ANYTHING really lol I mean they ARE the Government. But what makes you think you can trust everything the news says? To be perfectly honest with you, I think half of what we hear about the war is bull or hyped up. Remember the press relies on us to keep them going so they are going to "sell" whatever gets the highest ratings or whatever gets people to buy their paper. They are governed by money not by the thought they are doing a good thing by reporting it.

Edwina's Secretary
06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
I think you know what I mean by the press. I mean it is pretty obvious.

I must be rather dense. I do NOT know what you mean. CNN? Fox? Chicago Tribune? Washington Post? Print? electronic? THE PRESS is such a broad category.

To be perfectly honest with you, I think half of what we hear about the war is bull or hyped up.

Oh, and this administration has NO ulterior motive in bs'ing or hyping. Can you say Private Jessica???

Remember the press relies on us to keep them going so they are going to "sell" whatever gets the highest ratings or whatever gets people to buy their paper. They are governed by money not by the thought they are doing a good thing by reporting it.

And this administration is governed by an alturistic need to do good in the world???? Has no reason to sell us or for us to help keep them going?

Pick a bad guy. There are plenty to go around. But a statement that The Press whatever that means...is the enemy in this war is a rather bold statement without some backup.

If that is the case....brings the troops home and shoot the press...starting with Fox News perhaps????

BOBS DAD
06-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Has nothing to do with reporting deaths of soldiers. Although I think you already knew that. You can't tell me you haven't sat back and watched the news and hear "they are planning on moving on to Baghdad(sp? lol) on such and such a date" or " they are moving in on this area and plan to do this" WELL why don't we just carry around big flashing signs with the game plan all mapped out for them. Maybe we should just give them a call ahead of time and say "Hey, just wanted to let you know we are on our way there so if you have something to hide better hide it before we get there"

Do you really believe that the government isn't smart enough to "play" the press on these such reports... or that the Military is so incompetent that they allow leaks about such vital information. While being the Administration's biggest PIA The Press is also the government's secret weapon. Think about it (somebody else already has)... a leak to the press about some sort of planned attack or invasion is really just a hoax - an attempt to flush out a bird somewhere else.

The Press is not our enemy. AND I AM ABSOLUTELY SURE - 100% percentile - 101% actually - that Osama knows we are looking for him!!!

I myself have been looking for him. I look for him when I come to work. I look for him at weddings and bowling alleys. Pretty much everywhere... cus heh, I could use that 25 million!!!

RICHARD
06-23-2006, 12:49 AM
The press is a pretty powerful tool these days.

Now....without them we don't get to see Pearl killed or Berg beheaded.

Thank goodness the news director stops the film before they get killed.

Hmmm,

Real life terrror in my own house.

JUst as the talk radio stations played Berg's last screams.
Terror in my car.

Let's film the coffins coming into Dover.

Hey, where's the anti war gal.....the one hugging Jesse Jackson?

Let me get on Nancy Pelosi tossing a few statements out.

Bill Mahrer thought the 9/11 dudes were tough for riding the planes into the buildings.

Let's kill Pat Tillman again.

Now we have to worry about those soldiers who effed up in Haditha!
Abu Gharib.

Gitmo House of horrors.

You can get any 'news' you want on the tube or net.

And so can anyone else.

And that just fuels the fire.

Some poor Aussie soldiers fired up the bodyguards of an Iraqi politico on accident.. :eek:

Some American knuckleheads fire up a crippled guy and try to sell it as an attack.

What about a story about the kid who comes to the US for medical help?

Oh, we stopped bombing, so there are no more, "sorry about the GBU, can we
bring your kids over here to put thme back together agaiin?"

The press didn't kill those men....the thought of some AH's watching the news,
Really ticked off that the boobytraps they left with the bodies didn't blow makes me mad.

It's just free press, a challenge for the next set of idiots that will try to top
that next time.

I'll see your two mutilations and raise you a loaded Bradley.
ANd what about covering the guys who are home, hurt, lost, legless?
what about crippled and crushed?

Let's just wait until Vet's Day to toss them a bone?

We can get the VFW member who is looking into the camera.
Look close at his eyes. He's reliving his wars, his friends, his demons.

Yep,
Let's put those pics coffin pics on the telly and give the b@st@rds the thrill
of knowing they won that battle.

The racing HumVee, Bradley or truck that disappears in a red flower of an IED-Listen to the excited voices of the terrormongers in the background.

One for the friggin home team!

-------------------------------------

LOLOLOL,

We are all scared in America about our computers being looked at by the government but what about Al - Zarwacky's Dell?

Let's see,,,,,

B...

B...I......

B...I....N.....

LOOK IT'S OSAMA"S ADDRESS IN THE 'CONTACTS' section of MicroSoft's Outlook!!!!

Osama Bin Hidin'
Somewhere in a hole
Dirt, Afhganistan

Now he knows we got some intel - he is on the move.

Him, flush him out?
I bet.....

Just remember that the same model of cell phone you own mightbe the one that someone uses to let OBL that there are troops on the move, in his direction..

Can you hear me know?

Hmm. that dopey dude, Catherine Z Jones and that stupid cingular symbol are aiding and abetting the terrorists.

Hmm,
using technology to beat us?

Had the Wright Brothers known then what we know now, would they have gone to Kill Devil Hill and flown?

===============================================

Should we take it out on the messengers for delivering the news?
Back when the Chyron (sp?) technology was new they would put the daily VN scoreboard on the tube.

Killed 20
Wounded 100

Now they don't bother with the wounded, there is just enough time to flash a
pic of a young kid, in a beret or cover, looking off into the distance. A flag at his back and a serious look on his face.

The truly painful ones are of a group of soldiers, posing for the camera,
helmets on and loaded for bear. Lazy arms thrown over a friend's shoulder.

The ones I cannot look at show a family, one person never to return.
Smiles of what they know at the moment, never thinking about the future.

Yep, keep showing the war.

Like everything else we will grow bored and numb.

Then change the channel.

BOBS DAD
06-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Richard,

I am not sure I understand your point(s) - "endless" points???

Were you drunk when you typed the last post?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
06-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Bob... I will attempt a translation....

There is this mysterious and homogenous group called "The Press". They are very evil. They should be telling us happy stories so we will feel good about ourselves and be content. Like putting Zoloft in the drinking water? They must never tell us bad things that happen or cause us to be unhappy with what our infallible government officials do.

Instead, this evil group "The Press" tells us that people get killed in wars....and how many. They are responsible for the lies told to convince the country (well part of it anyway) to accept the invasion of another country. "The Press" are responsible for Pat Tillman being killed by friendly fire".

It is "The Press" who are responsible for the whole mess in the Middle East. It is "The Press" that believes the rights given in the Constitution are open to interpretation by the Executive Branch of the government. Wiretapping...eavesdropping....blame "The Press!"

So you see, Bob, if we would just allow the government to control "The Press" (while they are listening to our phone conversations, tracking our library books, breaking into our homes without a search warrant, etc.) life would be wonderful....all terrorist would disappear and peace would rule!

BOBS DAD
06-23-2006, 10:17 AM
So you see, Bob, if we would just allow the government to control "The Press" (while they are listening to our phone conversations, tracking our library books, breaking into our homes without a search warrant, etc.) life would be wonderful....all terrorist would disappear and peace would rule!

Thanks for clearing that up Edwina!!! LOL!

Eh... but I am sorry... OK OK I'm stupid, but is Richard attacking the Press "because he really thinks" it is evil... or is he being facetious? It was hard to tell with the endless run-ons and changing points!!!

Maybe my point isn't clear! The Press is NOT our Enemy - a Free Society must always allow for freedom of expression, to report the news and Yes - dissent. Otherwise you can kiss all your other rights GOODBYE!!!

P.S. I thought I saw Osama last night at Sheetz. He was eating a Jelly Donut!

Lizzie
06-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Bob... I will attempt a translation....

Ergo, the terrorists are really opposed to the "the press" and not governments. ;) Wouldn't that be lovely since "the press" are surely easier to control than any government even though the latter is voted in.

I'm glad you spoke up, Bob's Dad, because the diatribe made my head spin also. It seems to be in the style of Hunter S. Thompson; a writing style which I admired for its individuality while disliking it on a personal level.

I think Richard is sniping at the people who believe the press is perpetuating the war for their own profitable ends. I've known some journalists for the major newspapers, and I've known a few people who went off to the Pentagon and places more secret, and I've known a few civil servant type politicians. I'm inclined to trust the journalists most.

sparks19
06-23-2006, 11:28 AM
LOL this is obviously a pointless argument. Where did I state in my previous post that I trust the administration? Oh thats right NO WHERE. If you all want to debate this I am perfectly happy to do that but please read ALL of my post before you fly of the handle and label me a tool of the administration because they can do no wrong. I NEVER NEVER NEVER said that and had you read my post you would know that. I am not stupid. Please don't treat me as such. I am not trying to treat YOU that way.

I have a hate on for the press because I know what my husband had to deal with when he was in Bosnia. The questions they asked, the answers they got, were TOTALLY different than what was printed.

The press meaning THE PRESS. CNN FOX THE NEW YORK TIMES ALL OF THE PRESS. Really I didn't think it was tough to figure out what the press means. Anyone reporting on THIS WAR. See I can be condescending too.

When my husband was over seas a reporter asked him " Are you scared?" Stupid question if you ask me. Of course my husband replied with "Of course I'm scared. Bullets are flying in every direction, at anytime we could drive over a mine, but I am still here to do what I was sent to do"

You know what was printed? Not what you see above. They turned that story into an "Our troops don't feel well protected and they are forced to be there against their will." basically is what the story consisted of. My husband was a Tank Gunner. Bullets don't penetrate the sides of a tank. He felt well protected but of COURSE he was scared. Not being held there against his will.

Please read this whole post before flaming me for having a different opinion. And please talk down to me some more because THAT makes your argument more credible :rolleyes:

caseysmom
06-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Richard,

Catland was buying all the drinks so obviously Richard indulged himself :D

BOBS DAD
06-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Please read this whole post before flaming me for having a different opinion. And please talk down to me some more because THAT makes your argument more credible :rolleyes:

Sorry if you felt anyone was talking down to you Sparks. I (and I'll bet everyone else here on PT) appreciates what your husband and others do in the line of service for this country. A well appreciated job!!!

Not to demean or diminish his service one bit, but there are some others who are also serving currently in Iraq - who do not understand why they are there or what the plan of action is. I know some and I am sure others do as well. To be fair, I am equally sure that there are scores of men (and women) who feel the mission is warranted if even unclear.

I guess I just don't see the Press as the OP-PRESSIVE force you do - but then, it is not as close or personal to me as you. Thanks for your fireback and steadiness on your position. Just remember, when push comes to shove - we are "ALL" Americans and we got your back!!!

P.S. I think it is that name that got some inflamed - SPARKS!!! LOL! That's just like pickin' a fight!!!

:D :D :D :D

sparks19
06-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Sorry if you felt anyone was talking down to you Sparks. I (and I'll bet everyone else here on PT) appreciates what your husband and others do in the line of service for this country. A well appreciated job!!!

Not to demean or diminish his service one bit, but there are some others who are also serving currently in Iraq - who do not understand why they are there or what the plan of action is. I know some and I am sure others do as well. To be fair, I am equally sure that there are scores of men (and women) who feel the mission is warranted if even unclear.

I guess I just don't see the Press as the OP-PRESSIVE force you do - but then, it is not as close or personal to me as you. Thanks for your fireback and steadiness on your position. Just remember, when push comes to shove - we are "ALL" Americans and we got your back!!!

P.S. I think it is that name that got some inflamed - SPARKS!!! LOL! That's just like pickin' a fight!!!

:D :D :D :D

LOL don't blame me for the name ;) It was bestowed upon me long ago lol.

I can appreciate those that have a different opinion. In fact, how do we ever learn anything new if we won't listen to both sides of the discussion. :D

You stated your position clearly and without judgement. I like that. :D

I know there are many over in Iraq who aren't really sure what they are there for but they are there and I appreciate their willingness to do so. I know I couldn't do what they do.

RICHARD
06-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Richard,

It's really not nice to make fun of obnoxious drunks.

Writing with a monkey on my back has it's challenges.
He whispers non sequiturs in my ear and I cannot help but transcribe.

Actually
My point was regarding the press, the consumers and the idiots that make the news.

I usually try to insult everyone with a post like that,

If you like linear thinking and intelligence, please pass on my posts.

Nut then again, I'm like "Katrina Lite" -all wind and no damamge.

RICHARD
07-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Sophie Choi from CNN news made this comment about the car bomb that killed 60 and wounded about 100 people in open air market in Iraq on Saturday.

She said something like-"It was the worst day of violence since Al Zar Wacky was killed last month".

We drop a bomb on a house where some AH terrorist is living - 4 people died in the blast...

All of a sudden we are compared with some soulless bees turds that plant a bomb in a market place?

No, no worries about the media....

Like the story about the woman, an illegal alien with no insurance or driver's license, who is thrown into jail because the cop that pulled her over finds some overdue books in her car and tossed her arse into jail....

Had she t-boned an SUV with a doctor, lawyer or cop in it. and killed someone in the accident, that same media outlet would run a 5 day series about the dangers of illegal alien drivers taking over the roads.

There are three things that newspapers are good for.

Lining the bird cage, wrapping fish and wiping when you run out of toilet paper....

That's what I like about the internet...

The cords are too short to reach the BR!

Dorothy39
07-02-2006, 10:18 AM
I've heard they are also good for washing windows!!! ;)

Ever read "Walden Pond?" by Henry David Thoreau?

It is worth reading, trust me.

Not judging you, I am not a judger!!! When you can find a copy of "walden Pond" , buy it. You will see what I mean.

Edwina's Secretary
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
No, no worries about the media....

Like the story about the woman, an illegal alien with no insurance or driver's license, who is thrown into jail because the cop that pulled her over finds some overdue books in her car and tossed her arse into jail....

Oh RICHARD!

Baffled, I went back and read again about the overdue library book lady. NOWHERE did I see anything about her being an illegal alien.

So is that the fault of the media or the medior?

sparks19
07-02-2006, 12:02 PM
HMMM funny amongst all your sarcasm :rolleyes: there is no mention of the lastest events involving the press. and just to be specific for those that don't get it.... The New York Times. Now I know you heard about this but yet no mention of it. Why? OH because it proves my point ;)

There are three things that newspapers are good for.

Lining the bird cage, wrapping fish and wiping when you run out of toilet paper....

That's what I like about the internet...

The cords are too short to reach the BR!

Unless you have a wireless connection then you could be on the PC while you have a BM HAHA

:D

lbaker
07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Get a life that actually means something and will make a difference when you're gone :rolleyes:

RICHARD
07-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Oh RICHARD!

Baffled, I went back and read again about the overdue library book lady. NOWHERE did I see anything about her being an illegal alien.

So is that the fault of the media or the medior?

I don't write the stories....

The latest was a report from Palestine..

a hospital that wasn't able to care for children because of the Israeli attacks in an attempt to get their soldier back...

Effing media is invited to a story and forgets why it happens. :confused:

This is the root of the problem..stupid people forget why anything happens.

Again, the media trims the story to fit their needs....

AHs

RICHARD
07-12-2006, 05:49 PM
The good old media strikes again....

Let's show snippets from the internet tape of the two U.S. soldiers that were kidnapped and killed.

MORONS... :mad:

Why not give the address so I can watch the whole thing? :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Good news for you RICHARD! China has just passed a law forbidding the media to publish any stories about current events without the government's approval.

Maybe GW will unilaterally make such a law here!

RICHARD
07-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Good news for you RICHARD! China has just passed a law forbidding the media to publish any stories about current events without the government's approval.

Maybe GW will unilaterally make such a law here!

LOL,

Maureen Dowd out of a job...THank god!