PDA

View Full Version : It's raining!

Uabassoon
06-21-2006, 08:03 PM
I know most of you won't find this very exciting, but we are finally getting rain! We've had less than 1 inch of rain total ALL YEAR! We've been in a drought and as usual forrest fires are running rampant in Arizona. I don't know if other parts of the state are going to get this rain, but I sure hope that they do! I went outside and enjoyed it for a little while, now I have my blinds open so I can enjoy watching the rain fall.

Kfamr
06-21-2006, 08:17 PM
It's raining here, too. :)

We had a pretty nasty fire close by and they're hoping this kills it.

RobiLee
06-21-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm glad you are getting some rain and even getting to enjoy it. I love opening up the curtains and watching the rain. I always find it kind of relaxing.

I hope you guys get all the rain that you need!

dab_20
06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
That's great you got some rain! Hopefully the fires will stop now.

Where is Tucson? My brother lives in Pheonix, Arizona, and I talked to him today. He didn't mention it was raining, there. You all need it!

Flatcoatluver
06-21-2006, 08:33 PM
I know I could never live in a hot climate. I LOVE the rain, it makes my day!!!

Almita
06-21-2006, 08:38 PM
You are LUCKY that tuscon is getting rain pheonix isn't getting any :( we haven't gotten rain for the looooongest time.

caseysmom
06-21-2006, 08:42 PM
I hope that helps with the fires Laura, I don't know how you can handle the Arizona heat. We are in the beginning of our first heat wave and I hate it. It is so draining. All I want to do is pick up and head for the ocean and go camping but too many other junk going on right now.

RedHedd
06-21-2006, 08:42 PM
You can keep the rain for now. We had our share this past winter in the San Francisco Bay Area. Today is the first day of summer and we're having a heat wave and I'm lovin' it! :)

Of course, in San Francisco, anything over 70 qualifies as a heat wave :p

Almita
06-21-2006, 08:45 PM
I hope that helps with the fires Laura, I don't know how you can handle the Arizona heat. We are in the beginning of our first heat wave and I hate it. It is so draining. All I want to do is pick up and head for the ocean and go camping but too many other junk going on right now.

Yes it is helping with the fires which is good since there wasn't rain after the fires that happened in Tuscon that is when my brother was living there. I think the ones up North are taking care of from the rain up there but the middle and south are way hot at this moment right now in my area its 105degrees Farenheight

sandragonfly
06-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I love rain! hooray arizona!

new york isn't like arizona, thank god. I don't see myself standing in nowhere so heaty! yuk. it has been raining off and on a lot here, sometimes hails! :eek: my favorite. so I can understand how excited you are. :) see a couple pictures I took, I was too excited to not!

before I realize, hailing --
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/f74dd233.jpg

close up of icy balls ..
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/b14ac158.jpg

about this size!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/250e6e36.jpg
looks so small here but it was big before it melt!

have arizona ever had hails before?

Riptide
06-21-2006, 11:21 PM
-kicks Las Vegas- No rain here, lol. Lucky you!

Karen
06-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Oh, Laura, enjoy! I love the rain, but I bet right now you're treasuring it even more than I! How do the furry ones feel about it? Anyone freaked out because of the "weird noise"?

Killearn Kitties
06-22-2006, 03:49 AM
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you had arrived in London already!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-22-2006, 04:56 AM
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you had arrived in London already!

:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-22-2006, 05:44 AM
I would HATE to go that long without getting rain. The rain is sooo relaxing...

but at the same time you guys don't have the humidity we have with can make this summer heat almost unbearable!!!

Enjoy your rain!! Hope you get more! :)

cloverfdx
06-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Great news Laura :D, enjoy and i hope the rain helps with the fires. It is raining here aswell at the moment, we have been in a drought for a long time aswell :(.

Uabassoon
06-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh, Laura, enjoy! I love the rain, but I bet right now you're treasuring it even more than I! How do the furry ones feel about it? Anyone freaked out because of the "weird noise"?

Payson was terrifed, I think this was the first time it really rained (since we've had him and he's almost been living with us for a year!

After it stopped raining the weather was so nice, I actually had the energy to go to the store :) I haven't gone anywhere during daylight hours other than work in a while because it's just too miserable outside.

No rain today, but the weather was overcast and so nice. It's only 94 degrees out right now :)

While we do have three horrible months here, the rest of the year makes up for it. I LOVE our mild winters, plus if I really want some cold weather it's just a short trip up the mountains to go play in snow.

lbaker
06-22-2006, 06:51 PM
I am sooo out of it, I thought you were posting from the UK too :o I forgot :o

Randi
06-23-2006, 10:03 AM
That was my first thought too. :D

Laura, you say you "only" have 94 today! :eek: I'd say that's hot!! I remember in CA last year, it was 88 and that was enough for me! ;) However, as long as it's not too humid, it's OK. In Chicago it was unbearable when I was there, I almost didn't go outside for a cigaret. :eek: I think Debbie and KK can remember that too.