PDA

View Full Version : Website Domain hosting?

catnapper
06-21-2006, 09:01 AM
I know there have been threads on here about starting your own website but I can't seem to find them.

I have procrastinated long enough. I need a website for my artwork (especially now that Cat Fancy magazine has published one of my pieces!) I need otknow what a good hosting/server site would be. Someone suggested GoDaddy, and I looked... their prices seemed awesome until I got to the final price. The $4 monthly fee became $127 for one year in the blink of an eye -- BEFORE I even added the $4 montly charge.

Is there anyone out there that will be able to host my website, offer the website templates and web builders at an affordable price? Seriously, I don't mind paying $8-10 a month as long as its honestly just $8 a month and no hidden little things that make iut $8 a month plus another $100 a year to start it. I need easy to use and affordable!

Anyone have any trusted sites they use themselves?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-21-2006, 09:10 AM
I've used ipowerweb.com for at least two years now for 3 different accounts. I have never had a problem and their annual fee is their monthly fee x 12. ;)

One of my sites is up for renewal and the price is $7.95 a month or $95.40 a year. I don't remember how the domain registration works, but if I remember right, since I pay on an annual basis, the domain registration fee is included. I haven't looked at their web site lately to confirm all this, but I've been happy with them - never had a problem - and will be renewing.

binka_nugget
06-21-2006, 04:49 PM
I got my domain and hosting from Magicomm.net (http://magicomm.net). I pay $9 annually for the domain, and $5.95 for two gigs(!!!) of space, 30 gigs of bandwidth as well as all the usual stuff. Before I switched to another plan, I was paying $1/month for 200mbs of space I believe. Still way more than most people ever need. The support is pretty good and downtime is very rare! I've been really pleased with them! :)

Craftlady
06-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I use my internet provider (Cincinnati Bell/phone company) and it's free. However, one account per customer is only draw back.
I have seen good deals with Yahoo.

micki76
06-21-2006, 09:54 PM
I use Network Solutions. Have heard terrible things about GoDaddy.

prechrswife
06-21-2006, 10:03 PM
We use Lunar Pages, and have been pretty happy with them overall.

king2005
06-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Blue Host (http://bluehost.com)
(Copied the info right from their site)

Our professional Web Hosting plans include all the features you are looking for at the best possible price.

15 Gigabyte Hosting Space (NEW!) - auto upgrade, old was 10G
Host 6 Domains on 1 Account!!!
2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts
400 GIGS of Transfer (NEW!) - bows down
SSH (Secure Shell)
SSL, FTP, Stats
CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL
2000/2002/2003 Front Page Extensions
Free Domain Forever! - bows down
Free Site Builder (NEW) - I use Drupal
24/7 Superb/Responsive Sales/Support - They are really GOOD! I call them for all sorts of help since I'm hopeless at setting it up hehe

More detailed info (http://www.bluehost.com/tell_me_more.html)

if you go with the 12 months or the 24 months you get free set up & free domain.. if you go with 3 months or 6 months is 30 set up & 10 domain.

I went with the 24months :)

flip195
06-22-2006, 11:12 AM
I know there have been threads on here about starting your own website but I can't seem to find them.

I have procrastinated long enough. I need a website for my artwork (especially now that Cat Fancy magazine has published one of my pieces!) I need otknow what a good hosting/server site would be. Someone suggested GoDaddy, and I looked... their prices seemed awesome until I got to the final price. The $4 monthly fee became $127 for one year in the blink of an eye -- BEFORE I even added the $4 montly charge.

Is there anyone out there that will be able to host my website, offer the website templates and web builders at an affordable price? Seriously, I don't mind paying $8-10 a month as long as its honestly just $8 a month and no hidden little things that make iut $8 a month plus another $100 a year to start it. I need easy to use and affordable!

Anyone have any trusted sites they use themselves?

Go to globat .com com for their T1 offer i just got set up for 13 months with a free domain name for lifefor $94.50, if you sign up tell em www.all44paws.org (http://www.all44paws.org/) sent you.

Karen
06-22-2006, 11:18 AM
What did you add for options with GoDaddy? Avoid clicking on the extras offered, and the price stays cheap!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-22-2006, 12:02 PM
I also use my internet-provider :)