PDA

View Full Version : Lion cubs stolen

Paul
06-20-2006, 11:57 PM
   From the Independent, Lions kill villagers after militiamen steal cubs (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/africa/article1093528.ece) by Steve Bloomfield in Nairobi. This is a very sad story of a pride's attempt to rescue (or perhaps to seek vengeance) their cubs from Somalis who entered Kenya.

Paul

Karen
06-21-2006, 12:44 AM
I was so rooting for the lions as Paul told me this story! Poor lions don't know these aren't the rotten humans who took their cubs. I do hope the cubs returned to their pride.

Makes one sad to be a member of the human race. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Pawsitive Thinking
06-21-2006, 05:30 AM
Go lions!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-21-2006, 05:36 AM
From a national newspaper

"Five endangered monkeys worth several hundred pounds each have been stolen from a zoo as they slept, possibly in response to an increasing demand for exotic pets.

Thieves smashed through fencing at Drusillas Zoo Park at Alfriston, East Sussex, and stole the marmosets from their nesting boxes, park officials said.

There was concern today that the primates - normally found in the South American rainforests - could have been stolen to order for illegal collectors of rare animals". :mad:

www.drusillas.co.uk

moosmom
06-21-2006, 09:31 AM
What were these people thinking???? :confused: I pray that the cubs will be returned to their parents.