PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED new pictures-MY poor Ted is going bald*pictures*

buttercup132
06-20-2006, 08:53 PM
It's not parasites or anything. His fur is coming out in clumps, some say hes having a MAJOR molt others say it could be stress or something(these people are from my buny group)
Anyways look at my poor boy:(

It started as a small spot that just kept coming out in clumps..
I cant right click right now so the pictures are attached

Roxyluvsme13
06-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Gosh, poor Ted.. :(. I hope you can figure out what's wrong with him.

luvofallhorses
06-20-2006, 09:49 PM
please take him to the vet ASAP! I hope he is okay. :(

Aspen and Misty
06-21-2006, 01:09 AM
I also recomend taking him to the vet.

When Julian is going through a really bad shed he will come out with bald spot on him. However there is always a little stubble where his fur once was and the spots are never that big. I would be very worried about him and get him to a vet ASAP.

Ashley

Zippy
06-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Poor Ted.Feel Better soon.Zippy and Pumpkin send Feel Better soon head bumps

buttercup132
06-21-2006, 08:50 AM
I asked my bunny group and they told me how to look for parasites and there was no sign of them , most say hes just going through a BIG molt, and I read bunnies can cchange colours, go completley bald, and other stuff after being nutere wich he was a couple weeks ago. I might take hij to the vet but I need to know if I have to money seeing as it cost $60 just o get him checked(the vets around here are rediculous!)

Chilli
06-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Poor little guy, I wish I could help in any way, but my knowledge on rabbits is basically non-existant.
Good luck on finding out the cause! Hopefully it is just a harsh molt. :)

Husky_mom
06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
im not a bunny expert but to me it seems like hes just blowing out his winter coat..........(hes not bald to the skin, just loosing like the undercoat)

many if not all husky and double coated dogs might say they dogs look like loosing chunks at one time when shedding, so it appears to be the same with Teddy and if you have not seen parasites as your bunny group told you to look for then i would not worry..........

buttercup132
06-22-2006, 09:02 AM
He's gotten way worse now and is loosing hair on his tail and legs (not a molt) and he has actual bald spots now. :( I dont want it to be something bad.

This is him now..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/IMG_1216.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/IMG_1218.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/IMG_1214.jpg

chrissycat21
06-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Please take him to the vet. If it is some sort of lice or mites you'll just get some medicine to give him and he'll be cleared up in no time. But for now, it must be very uncomfortable for him.

Husky_mom
06-22-2006, 11:21 AM
just to be sure take him to a vet check, but i still believe hes just getting his adult coat and loosing his baby fur, but if he is bald to the skin it may be something to look at...........

k9krazee
06-22-2006, 11:25 AM
:eek: Wow. I would definately get him checked out!

racing_gurl07
06-22-2006, 11:46 AM
awww poor Ted! :( Feel better soon sweetie!!

Miss Z
06-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Hmmm, the skin doesn't look inflamed or dry, and you would know if it was mites, as I remember all the dandruff from my RB bunny Cookie when he got them. Rabbits can overgroom themselves when they are bored, it could possibly be an explanation but I wouldn't think they'd do it to that extent. Ringworm can cause hairloss, but you'd definitely notice that and you would catch it too. Is he neutered? I once heard that an imbalance of certain hormones causes fur to fall out. Perhaps that's the reason. Best to get it checked out by a vet who will know a treatment for this. I hope Ted gets better soon, poor baby!

dab_20
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Poor Ted. :( Please get him to the vet ASAP! Better safe then sorry.

My Peanuts
06-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Is he eating and acting normal? Either way, I agree that he needs to see a vet ASAP. I haven't had too much experience with rabbits, but I’ve never seen one look like that.

buttercup132
06-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Hes eating drinking pooping and peeing alright and acting the same.
He was nutered a little while ago and Husky mom hes 2 so he wouldnt be shedding his baby coat lol. I'm taking him to abreeders to get him checked and see what she says and then probly the vet

dab_20
06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Hes eating drinking pooping and peeing alright and acting the same.
He was nutered a little while ago and Husky mom hes 2 so he wouldnt be shedding his baby coat lol. I'm taking him to abreeders to get him checked and see what she says and then probly the vet

That's good. I hope he's alright!

sasvermont
06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
You know, he looks "usual" except for the patch of pink skin. My two bun buns have patches missing, as usual, but not quite the same configuration....as in massive patch of pink near the tail end. If I were you, I would get him to a vet, just to be sure he is ok. He looks a little toooooo bare for me not to worry. Maybe the breeder will be able to advise you too. Can you see any critters? Fleas maybe? Ewwwwww. Poor guy. He is a cutie!

Keep us posted!

buttercup132
06-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Nope nothing like that, hes not itching either and its very arre to see a case of fleas in a bunny