PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!!

moosmom
06-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I wound up getting off my duff and coming to the New Haven Library. The laptop my brother loaned me is locked and needs a password. I called him this morning (the call lasted all of 2 minutes that's how much we enjoy talking to one another) and asked him what his wife's password would be. He told me but it still doesn't work. So, I'm taking my childhood friend up on her offer to give me a hard drive from her fiance's law firm. I may have to come back to the library now and again until Mark can set it up (once I go get it).

I'm doing okay. Been putting out alot of resumes. I applied to a newly opened pet supply place not far from my house, while buying cat food. I had MooShoo with me. Mike, the owner was very impressed. I talked to him about my experience in animal rescue and retail. He asked me if I was looking for full-time and I said yes (what have I got to lose???). Besides, I'm a little tired of working in an office. I really enjoy my job at Bed, Bath & Beyond so I figured it would be something I'm good at because of my passion for animals.

Mark came home yesterday and will be home for most of the week. Hopefully I can get my computer up and running before he heads out again for parts unknown.

I really miss you guys AND PT!!!

caseysmom
06-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey Donna, Hope you have pc up and running soon. The pet supply job sounds like it would be good, I hope you get it.

cyber-sibes
06-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Good luck with the job, Donna, it sounds like something you would really enjoy. And congrats on getting the new computer together!

G535
06-20-2006, 08:59 PM
If it's a Toshiba laptop then holding down the left shift key while booting will bypass the BIOS password. Let me know if it's another brand and I'll try and find the work around for it. I get these jobs all the time, people buy pcs and laptops from auctions and don't find out until they arrive that the thing is locked up with a password. :)

moosmom
06-21-2006, 09:37 AM
G535,

The window "Microsoft Professional 2000" comes up with "Administrator" in the screen name, and it asks for a password, which neither my brother nor I have. If you can figure out how to bypass it, great!!! I'd really appreciate it.

My roommate Mark said he'd take it to his computer guy to try and break it the code. But if you can do it, all the better!!

It's a Dell Spherion laptop. I'm going to my friend's office tomorrow to pick up a hard drive. Hopefully I'll be able to plug it in a go from there.

I really miss not being able to job search every day.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Good luck job hunting!

Zippy
06-21-2006, 10:12 AM
That pet suppiles job sounds really nice hope you get! :)

G535
06-21-2006, 07:57 PM
For Win 2000 you'll need to boot with a boot disk, find the winnt\system32\config folder and rename the SAM file to SAM1 and it'll reset the password to blank. The other alternative involves putting the hard drive in another machine and accessing it from there but that's not really practical with a laptop.