PDA

View Full Version : An Imporant Petition for all Pet Talkers!

CultureJunky
06-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Please try and sign this petition when you have time. This is a very important campaign by worldwide animal societies to get animals recognised in the United Nations.

The Campaign:
Help us achieve global recognition that animals matter, that they can feel pain and can suffer and that we have a responsibility to put an end to cruelty around the world. We seek 10 million signatures to let the governments of the world know we are serious about achieving a Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare at the United Nations.

I think this is a very very important issue and could make great strides for animals that are mistreated all over the world. If we can make a better place for animals then that is just so wonderful.

http://www.animalsmatter.org/
Kate

KitCat
06-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks for making me aware of the petition so I could participate.

CultureJunky
06-20-2006, 04:30 PM
That's okay. This seems to be an official act too, I got the link from the RSPCA website and they have joined with The Humane Society in the US and also the WSPA amongst others, so it really may have a genuine chance if enough people support it. I really hope it does.
They want a similar declaration in the UN as the environment one and also the human rights declaration.
I see no reason why animals should not have one too.

catmandu
06-20-2006, 06:04 PM
We Have Signed, And We Pray That It Helps.

Sevaede
06-20-2006, 09:26 PM
We have signed. I hope it happens.