PDA

View Full Version : I need a table...

slleipnir
06-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I have a small space I would like to put a SMALL coffee table in. The problem is, I can't find a SMALL table. The space between my loveseat and TV stand is about 40 inches. Not to much room. I would like a table that is about 12 inches (really no wider than 16-17) and can be as long as 30-35inches. And as tall as 20 inches. However, this table doesn't seem to exist. :( Any ideas where to search? Know of any nice tables for sale that would fit these measurements that isn't well over $100? ;) Can be used so long as it's not in horrible condition.

emily_the_spoiled
06-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Have you looked at Ikea? They also deliver if you are not near an Ikea.

slleipnir
06-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Have you looked at Ikea? They also deliver if you are not near an Ikea.

Very nice stuff, but it seems they only deliver in the US :( I live in Canada.

Damn.

Uabassoon
06-20-2006, 11:19 AM
You should be able to ship to canada. Go to ikea.com then from there click the link for Canada. Because there are stores in the country they should ship to you.

Edit: I'm looking at the site now and they do ship to Canada, you just have to make sure you are browsing the Ikea Canada website.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/

slleipnir
06-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Ok, I found the Canada website, but most of the tables say they won't sell online? We don't have an ikea anywhere near here to go to the store....

Uabassoon
06-20-2006, 11:24 AM
This table is cute and it is avaliable to ship.

table (http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15564&catalogId=10103&storeId=3&productId=13405&langId=-15&categoryId=15800&chosenPartNumber=40050960)

I have this side table, I'm happy with it.
Lack (http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15564&catalogId=10103&storeId=3&productId=11140&langId=-15&categoryId=15800&chosenPartNumber=20011408)

slleipnir
06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
This table is cute and it is avaliable to ship.

table (http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15564&catalogId=10103&storeId=3&productId=13405&langId=-15&categoryId=15800&chosenPartNumber=40050960)

I have this side table, I'm happy with it.
Lack (http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15564&catalogId=10103&storeId=3&productId=11140&langId=-15&categoryId=15800&chosenPartNumber=20011408)

I really like them, but it's a little too wide for my space...that's my problem, cause there doesn't seem to be any tables that are not too wide...-sigh- I would make one myself if I could...

Karen
06-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Also check yard sales in your area, you never know what you'll fine. Or go to a hardware store, and figure out what it would cost to make one yourself! You can buy posts like for a porch rail at most hardware stores - four of those, plus boards for a top and voila - you've got a custom build table, made by you!

mruffruff
06-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Some home improvement stores have pre-made table legs and metal plates so you just screw the legs on. I find doing this kind of work very satisfying. You get fast results and no one else "has one just like that".

lv4dogs
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Too bad you're not closer, I have about 5 that fit those dimensions and I'd like to get rid of 2 or 3 of them. lol (used to have more, just gave 2 away in last month)
BTW, all of mine came from yard sales & thrift stores (or family/friend hand me downs).

elizabethann
06-20-2006, 12:48 PM
What about a little bench? Make it into a coffee table?

Do you have an unfinished wood furniture store where you live? I bet you could find something small & cheap. All you'd have to do is either paint or finish it.

slleipnir
06-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Too bad you're not closer, I have about 5 that fit those dimensions and I'd like to get rid of 2 or 3 of them. lol (used to have more, just gave 2 away in last month)
BTW, all of mine came from yard sales & thrift stores (or family/friend hand me downs).

How much are they and how much is shipping? ;)

ParNone
06-20-2006, 05:15 PM
I wanted a cheap multi purpose coffee table, so I bought an unfinished pine toy chest. Perfect height for a coffee table and it's not wide at all, but it opens up to add more storage space. And since it's unfinished, I can stain it whatever color I want vs being stuck with a standard stain. I got it for $60 at Garden Ridge Pottery, but I'm sure there's other places one could find things like this.

I also saw an old trunk that I was close to buying. It would have made a really unique coffee table and I would have gotten the added storage too. I guess what I'm saying is, think outside the box. A lot of things can be a coffee table, doesn't necessarily have to be a standard type table.

Par...

dab_20
06-20-2006, 05:20 PM
I would also suggest Ikea. Their furniture is not bulky like some is... they have nice small bedside tables that could be used as a coffee table.

elizabethann
06-21-2006, 07:19 AM
I wanted a cheap multi purpose coffee table, so I bought an unfinished pine toy chest. Perfect height for a coffee table and it's not wide at all, but it opens up to add more storage space. And since it's unfinished, I can stain it whatever color I want vs being stuck with a standard stain. I got it for $60 at Garden Ridge Pottery, but I'm sure there's other places one could find things like this.

I also saw an old trunk that I was close to buying. It would have made a really unique coffee table and I would have gotten the added storage too. I guess what I'm saying is, think outside the box. A lot of things can be a coffee table, doesn't necessarily have to be a standard type table.

Par...

That's what I have - someone gave me a small chest so I use that. It also doubles as my file cabinet. :)

king2005
06-21-2006, 08:47 AM

Can they be taken apart??

If Sue comes to Canada, I can fly the table to PEI with me for free :) I plan on bringing an empty suitcase so I will have a way to get all my gifts home lol

Audrey if you can wait that long I really don't mind doing it.. Also Audrey, if there is other stuff in ON that you want but cannot get on the Island, let me know. You just have to wire me the $$ to get it & I'll bring it for free :)

finn's mom
06-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Would this one work?

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15564&catalogId=10103&storeId=3&productId=32441&langId=-15&categoryId=15800&chosenPartNumber=50060529