PDA

View Full Version : Beau & Felicia leave for new homes

Felicia's Mom
06-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Beau and Felicia are going to two separate homes today. I want to put this under Cat Memorial; the cats haven't died but I feel like they have.

I got Felicia in 1989. She is an Alpha Cat; she even hated me until she realized that I gave her food. Even after that I could not pick her up unless she wanted me to.

Beau is my first and only purebred. I have more to say about him but it is getting hard to write.

catlover4ever
06-20-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm so sorry that they have to leave for new homes, but you did what you needed to do for your family and don't let anyone make you feel bad about that fact.

Will you be able to keep in touch with their new families? I hope that the new families will continue to keep you posted on their well-being.

I know this was one of the hardest decision that you have ever had to make.....((((HUGS)))) Meg

prechrswife
06-20-2006, 07:39 AM
(((((Hugs)))))

Felicia's Mom
06-20-2006, 08:27 AM
I will be able to keep in touch with them. That is why I decided on those homes.

Catty1
06-20-2006, 08:29 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am glad you will be able to maybe visit and keep in touch with them.

Catty1

Cataholic
06-20-2006, 08:55 AM
I know how heartbreaking this is for you. I am sorry. :(

jazzcat
06-20-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm so sorry.

(((HUGS)))

Edwina's Secretary
06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Nancy....my thoughts are with you. Still, I am so happy you were able to find homes for both of them, and especailly homes such that you can stay in touch with them.

The best of a not-so-good situation....

Killearn Kitties
06-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm pleased that you have managed to find homes that will keep you updated on Beau and Felicia. I am so sorry that you find yourself in this situation. Wishing you all the best.

shais_mom
06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
I am so sorry for your heartache Nancy.
I hope you get to see them often.
{hugs to you}

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Nancy, I haven't been able to visit PT as often as I've wanted to lately but AmberLee has kept me informed about you and your cats. I'm sorry that you had to rehome them but it's just something that you had to do. I'm glad to hear that you'll be able to keep in touch with them. I hope that everything will go well for you and both cats. (((HUGS)))

sirrahbed
06-20-2006, 11:45 AM
I am sorry ((((HUGS)))

but, also glad that you know that they are going to good homes that they are close enough for you to keep in touch and know that they are happy.

more ((((HUGS))))) for Meowmie.

jenluckenbach
06-20-2006, 04:07 PM
It is hard to write through the leaky eyes. :( If this is so hard for me I can't even begin to imagine YOUR saddness. But the kitties WILL be cared for and they KNOW you love them.

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And please keep in touch with us, you are part of this family ALWAYS.

moosmom
06-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Felicia's Mom,

That is wonderful news that they both have great new furrrever homes. I've been praying for you and hoping it would happen.

I know how difficult it is to have to rehome your cats. I, to this day, miss Doogie, Fawnie and Carly SOOOO very much. But it was for the best. And they all have wonderful homes. I'm sure if Doogie could talk, he'd say, "Donna WHO????" :D ;)

HUGE (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) to you, Felicia's Mom for having the courage to do what is best for your kitties.

Love,

Donna

catmandu
06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Nancy, You Found Homes For Two Older Cats, And That Alone Shows Your Love And Commitment To Beau And Felicia.
Thats A Far Piece From Them Being Dead.
I Know It Hurts, But You Did The Best That You Could In Difficult Circumstances, And I For One Salute You.
You Are A True Cat Guardian.

rg_girlca
06-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I am so sorry that you had to re-home your babies, but on the other hand, happy to know that you were able to find good homes for them and that you will be able to still see them.

I can only imagine how hard this must be for you and my heart goes out to you. I wish you nothing but the best and I pray that you will be able to have your babies back with you in the near future.

Karen
06-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Dear, dear, dear one, sending you big hugs across the miles. They have not died, they have just gone to visit and bless new homes with their presence and copious gifts of cat hair, right? As surely as little Felicia and Beau hairs have woven themselves into the fabric of everything you own, so have they woven themselves forever into your heart. That will not change, ever.

Barbara
06-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Dear Nancy, I am so glad you found homes for Felicia and Beau. I hope you get to see them often and I hope we will see ou here too from time to time. {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

ChrisH
06-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Nancy, I am so sad for you. Even though you have done the only, and the best, thing you could, it must be so heartbreaking. {{big hugs}}

Felicia's Mom
08-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Felicia is in her 2nd home since she left. Her first owner is in poor health and couldn't care for her. Now her owner is a man in his early 20's. She is gettiing along fine.

She was taken to a vet for shots. They went to the same vet I took my cats to. All of her records were there. All she needed was a boster Rabies.

I have not seen Felicia, all this I learned from my aunt.

G535
08-14-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm glad to hear that Felicia is doing well, hope you are too. :)

jenluckenbach
08-14-2006, 05:32 AM
I am glad that Felicia is doing well even if she has been "shuffled" a bit.

I hope too that YOU are doing well. But I am sure it is lonely without the kitties.

Barbara
08-14-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm so glad you had news from Felicia. If this young men took her to the vet to make sure she's healthy he seems to be a good cat- dad. :)

Randi
08-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Nancy, I've been thinking of you and hoping you would find good homes for Felicia and Beau - I'm so glad you did. I know you miss them, but at least you can keep in touch and hopefully visit often. :)

Wishing you all the best!

((((hugs))))