PDA

View Full Version : "surprise" kittens

trinity
06-20-2006, 06:34 AM
My brother in law lives near Syracuse. When he bought his farm it came complete with a barn cat. Barn cat had kittens and Rob (brother in law) and his fiancee kept two orangies, Lucy and Ethel :) When they were of the proper age to be spayed/neutered, mom-in-law went up and got them and the barn cat momma and brought them down to PA for the procedure as it was less expensive even with the gas involved for the trip. Well Rob got married the end of April and then went merrily on his honeymoon. One of the last minute things before the wedding was a trip to the vet for worm medicine as Lucy and Ethel are mostly outside cats but they have plenty of shelter in the barn and other buildings on the farm. The day they left for their honeymoon the bride's sister was going to to the house because she was going to stay and take care of the animals...well into the barn she goes to check on the horses...and finds Lucy with 5 kittens! Obiously the "fixing" didn;t go quite right but that is beside the point. Here they are in all their surprise glory!

Jods
06-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Aww do they ever look comfy!

pitc9
06-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Oopsie!!! :eek: Yeah, I don't think the fixin' went so well either! :D
Oh they are so CUTE!!!!
I just love the smile on the orange one's face!!!

prechrswife
06-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Surprise is right! They are adorable, though.

Beauty17
06-20-2006, 08:44 AM
They are darling. Are you going to confront the place in PA that did the supposed surgery? I wonder if they thought they did that one, but didn't. They look extremely healthy, too.

trinity
06-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Mom-in-law was going to get the paperwork when she went up to visit and then take it to the shelter that supposedly did the surgery. Haven't heard anything from her on what they said or anything. I was worried because, as I said, they were wormed 2 days before the kittens appeared and I was afraid it might have hurt them but it doesn't appear it did :)

Donnaj4962
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
How cute! Surprises are always fun! Are they going to keep them all????

RedHedd
06-20-2006, 04:53 PM
What a wonderful surprise! Fixed, eh? I'll take the orangie!

carole
06-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Aww cuteness overload, i too love the little light orangie sleeping peacefully, hope you can find homes for them, and i think i would be looking at a refund for the spaying if i were you.

catmandu
06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
I hope you dont mind but I made a larger Photo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/27fa9576.jpg
They are such sweet Little Ones, we pray that there are homes for them all.