PDA

View Full Version : Fostering news.

jenluckenbach
06-20-2006, 06:08 AM
It looks like I will be getting 2 new fosters. They are Carolyn's 2 siblings. These 2 kitties are not even posted on our petfinder page because the current foster does not think they are adoptable. (So I have no photos) BUT, they are both gorgeous "Bengal-looking" tabbies, one like Carolyn (classic) and one with the smaller mackeral stripes.

The current foster mom needs to trick them into carriers so it might be a week or two until I get them.

They are a boy and a girl and I am looking to rename them. Originally, when they were with their rescuer (and their feral mom) they were Shy Girl (that is Carolyn), Sly Girl and Simba. First foster mom got the names mixed up and started calling them Sly and Sylvester. Second foster mom chaqnged Sly to Bermuda. But since 1by1 already has another cat called Sylvester I need to rename him in order to eventually post him on petfinder.

SO, if you would like to post some of your favorite names, I need a boy name and a girl name. I prefer people names, 2 syllables preferably, and not names that have already been used a million times. (oh, and no duplicate 1by1 names, which of course, you won't know. I just don't want hurt feelings if I throw out your suggestion) ;)

Pictures may not come for a while......sorry. :(

catlover4ever
06-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Oh Jen, they sound beautiful. Here are some of my suggestions for names

Boys
Jules
Rupert
Jasper
Jinx
Zeke

Girls
Tessa
Evelyn
Phoebe
Isobel

Those are some that I could think of. :) Can't wait to see pictures.

catnapper
06-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Picking a name thats not been used is hard!
I see lots of good names in Meg's list that were already used! LOL

Boy:
Adam ;)
Connor ;)

Girl:
Eva (pronounced a-va, not e-va - I'm still on that name!)
Tessa

Beauty17
06-20-2006, 08:51 AM
For a female:
Colette (after the French author who so loved cats)
Phaedre ("fay-druh" - from Greek mythology)

Lizzie
06-20-2006, 10:37 AM
I like using mythology names too, but I wouldn't use Phaedre since she came to such a bad end. I called my first cat Thisbe and she very nearly died when young, just like the mythological Thisbe. I called another one Loki, and he was just as hellish as that god. So, now I'm super careful.

I've just named one of my new cats Maeve, which is in Gaelic mythology but is also a people name - you are welcome to share, Jen.

A friend sent me a massive list of Persian names so I'll look on that and send some possibilities, since the cats themselves sound very exotic.

jenluckenbach
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
I am contemplating the names Olive and Zander. But I do like the idea of "exotic" names.

catmandu
06-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Sinbad
Lester
Missy
Hepcat
Farouk
Ezzard
or
BJ

G535
06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
One or two here to look through: http://www.cats-central.com/cat-names/male_pet_names.htm

:)

Bengalz
06-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Jen,

You are amazing in the work that you do for all these little ones. I can hardly wait to see pictures. Bengal Tabbys - Oh My Gosh I'm already loving them!

I'm not so great in the naming department; just one suggestion:

Karl and Kiwi

Hope you're having fun.

rg_girlca
06-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Oh Jen, did my eyes open wide when I read, "Bengal looking Tabbies."
I can't wait to see pictures of them. I'm not very good with names, so I will leave that up to the others.

The current foster Mom doesn't think they are adoptable....HA!!!!! They haven't met the best yet....But they will in about another week or two.
Once they have Jen's love, they are putty in your hands. :D

jenluckenbach
06-21-2006, 07:38 PM
No news yet about when these cats will be coming, BUT.............I do have a little orange female you can enjoy in the meantime. He name is Lotus. She is a nice girl.
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/PA02/PA02.6372305-1-pn.jpg

I am also now leaning towards the name Indra for the girl. Any boys names equally exotic??

jenluckenbach
06-21-2006, 07:39 PM
By the way, this is Carolyn, in case you forgot her.
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/PA02/PA02.5114644-2-pn.jpg

CalliesMom
06-21-2006, 07:57 PM
I cannot wait to see pictures of your new fosters!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-22-2006, 01:52 AM
How about "ZAZOU" for one of them :)

orangemm
06-22-2006, 04:36 AM
I second "Zazou"! And, Lotus, you are a darling!

Can't wait to see pictures of these babies.

I'm a doofus when it comes to names............ :(

smokey the elder
06-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Lotus and Carolyn are pretty girls. Orange females are relatively rare so Lotus should get adopted pretty quick.

jenluckenbach
06-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Carolyn's 2 siblings are going to stay where they are for a little while longer. Foster mom says they are showing less fear and she want to try posting them at Petsmart (so people can visit them at HER home) before she sends them here.

So wish them luck!!!